2,997 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 hours ago, natalysmile said:

Hello my friends.

I got an answer about FOIA
But I still didn’t understand anything ...
Perhaps this applies to requests for videos from the Police (although I gave the police a certified signature)
such an answer

You need to contact USCIS as previously stated in my email regarding NRC2019581749.

Both NRC2019585656 & NRC2019581749 are not perfected FOIA request.

You made an online FOIA/Freedom of Information Act request for your records and created a FIRST account for a digital release of your file. 

The request was closed as it did not include verification of identity from the subject of record.

In accordance with 6 CFR § 5.21, verification of identity consists of a written statement from the records subject stating his/her full name, current address, and date and place of birth. Additionally, the subject of record must sign the written statement and the signature must either be notarized or signed under penalty of perjury.

The G-28 attached to your request provided certification of agreement to release information to you from the records subject and is not consent from the subject to release the records from his file.  This can be done with an executed G-639 or a written statement that is either be notarized or signed under penalty of perjury. You will need to include the Form G-28 AND verification of identity for the subject of record.  Please make a note on your new request that all the required criteria is now being provided an to not duplicate to NRC2019585656.

We are the National Records Center and we provide copies of records for anyone that has filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request for their immigration file.  We do not, discuss, advise, adjudicate, make corrections, or make decisions on anything that might be in that file. You may resubmit your request online at www.uscis.gov/FOIA and click the “File Online” button.

If you are not requesting a copy of your file then you may contact your local USCIS office if you are nee.  You may use https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office to find the nearest field office to you. You may also want to call the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283.  You can also use https://www.uscis.gov/ .

It means you did not send proof it was you asking for the information, so they will not release it. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
45 minutes ago, dreamer1 said:

@sandranj, I wrote no lawful status, I485 and I360 pending. Will it be OK? 

Also, did not include the receipt of with 485 or 360. 

I can hold the mail mail if anything. 

You’re good. I wrote “No lawful status” in all my Forms and had no problem at all.

51 minutes ago, dreamer1 said:

I sent cover letter with my alien number and I485 case number. I did not send the receipt, just sent the certified mail this morning. 

If they ask ask for something, I will send later. It should be ok I think, right? 

Usually they ask to send a copy of your i360 and i485 every time that you write to them but hopefully they will accept it since they have your case number and alien number. 

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
8 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

It means you did not send proof it was you asking for the information, so they will not release it. 

What evidence should I send?
I sent my application with a signature. I sent notarized my signature. I translated the document from a notary in a certified office into English.
What other documents do I owe them?

Thank you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
17 hours ago, flyup123 said:

So the miracle is... just now i received an email from my attorney with the notice for interview attachment. Ok... Inhale and exhale... Oh God!!!! i am all shaking. 

Awesome! Your final step has come to end this Journey! My positive waves to you! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
7 hours ago, natalysmile said:

What evidence should I send?
I sent my application with a signature. I sent notarized my signature. I translated the document from a notary in a certified office into English.
What other documents do I owe them?

Thank you.

Just a signature is not enough for them. I quote: “stating his/her full name, current address, and date and place of birth. “

2 hours ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

Awesome! Your final step has come to end this Journey! My positive waves to you! 

👏😀👍🙏

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Hi all! 

Do you think it makes sense to file an Travel Permit right now after VAWA approval? 

If filed, will I get a different receipt number than my VAWA case?

I used to have one on my combo card but is now expired.. I also don’t have a copy of my original I-485 to attach to this application. I do have an interview notice from it, is it enough to file along a copy of my VAWA approval?

thanks in advance for your reply!

20 hours ago, flyup123 said:

So the miracle is... just now i received an email from my attorney with the notice for interview attachment. Ok... Inhale and exhale... Oh God!!!! i am all shaking. 

Awesome news  !!! You’re now almost finish line . Can you share your time line & local office !!! Thank You !

1 hour ago, nap_o said:

Hi all! 

Do you think it makes sense to file an Travel Permit right now after VAWA approval? 

I used to have one on my combo card but is now expired.. I also don’t have a copy of my original I-485 to attach to this application. I do have an interview notice from it, is it enough to file along a copy of my VAWA approval?

You can file it..do you have interview notice already? That will be a difference case! I mean what would be the point..if not then go ahead as we have no way of knowing when they will slide us the IN!💁 I360 is a different petition..so is the AP document..not sure what you mean by if it will come with same number...Usually they require the copy of i485..but since you don't have it..give them all you have..VAWA approval and the interview letter..be sure to enclose a cover letter explaining your situation! And of course wait for other suggestions...this is just mines..👍

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You can file it..do you have interview notice already? That will be a difference case! I mean what would be the point..if not then go ahead as we have no way of knowing when they will slide us the IN!💁 I360 is a different petition..so is the AP document..not sure what you mean by if it will come with same number...Usually they require the copy of i485..but since you don't have it..give them all you have..VAWA approval and the interview letter..be sure to enclose a cover letter explaining your situation! And of course wait for other suggestions...this is just mines..👍

Thank you dear! I don’t have the interview yet. I just got approved in Aug. 8 2019... by number I meant if we get a different  receipt number. 

I hope I get my interview soon. I already contacted my congressman to change my address. I don’t know how soon they move our files to our local offices, I moved to another county that has a faster processing time but they won’t change the address, the approval letter they sent it to my old address. 

Praying it it will be ok

3 minutes ago, nap_o said:

Thank you dear! I don’t have the interview yet. I just got approved in Aug. 8 2019... by number I meant if we get a different  receipt number. 

I hope I get my interview soon. I already contacted my congressman to change my address. I don’t know how soon they move our files to our local offices, I moved to another county that has a faster processing time but they won’t change the address, the approval letter they sent it to my old address. 

Praying it it will be ok

Can congressman change address? We more like use their help in determining if address was changed or not..anyway you can call USCIS and complain about it..over-the-phone was how I had mine rectified even though it's not the usual route! No harm in trying..you can schedule an infopass as well! They should be moving your file soon to your local office though...praying for you! 🙏😊

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Can congressman change address? We more like use their help in determining if address was changed or not..anyway you can call USCIS and complain about it..over-the-phone was how I had mine rectified even though it's not the usual route! No harm in trying..you can schedule an infopass as well! They should be moving your file soon to your local office though...praying for you! 🙏😊

Thank you! I pray for all of us waiting. 

I did send a letter to change address over 3 months ago and they didn’t. I have changed addresses before on my case and I know they don’t notify you. The other times I had to reach out to a congressman to help and that’s the only way they did. We’ll see 🙏

5 hours ago, nap_o said:

Hi all! 

It absolutely makes sense to file for an Advance Parole document if you are not requesting renewal of another combo card based on your already filed I-485 application. The Advance Parole will have a different case number. So if you plan to travel in the next year i'd say get it. From the VAWA approval to the interview is another 8-12 months. 

4 hours ago, Brooklynguy1 said:

Awesome news  !!! You’re now almost finish line . Can you share your time line & local office !!! Thank You !

Yes, with the God's will- getting there. 

So here is the timeline for Chicago office:

April 25, 2017- Filed VAWA application. Had 3 Prima facies extensions. 

August 6, 2018- RFE for GMC & abuse evidence.

October, 2018- Received my RFE response

January 7, 2019- VAWA approved

January 11, 2019- Received EAD (C31).

February 1, 2019- Filed I485, I131. Included my medicals along with the application

March 11, 2019- case was transferred to another office.

September 25, 2019- Interview notice

The online status didn't change since March 11th. 

So average i would say 8 months from the transfer date.

Will keep you posted how the interview goes. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.