2,997 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
14 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

For those people concerned about changing address after VAWA approval here's my story!!!😊👇👇👇

So all these while I have been assuming my field office is QUEENS N.Y. because I live there..didn't know the address on my i485 was still stuck on where my spouse and I lived in Brooklyn N.Y. I only discovered, when my congresswoman disclosed my field office to me as Brooklyn and I was really distressed! Mostly because it has the second longest wait time in NYC after N.Y. N.Y. (that serves Bronx and neighboring environs) field office! Queens and Long Island has the fastest turn out! So I started making calls..instructed my attorney to update with Vermont also asked my congresswoman to note the issue but my call proved successful! As my attorney only mailed out the address change yesterday! Got an email from USCIS that my address has been updated and i485 moved to Long Island field office which is the fastest in NYC and most convenient! My zip code picked up the Long Island office not Queens!😊 on top of that a USCIS officer called me to schedule me for an infopass..I'm just gonna use the opportunity to ask them a bunch of other questions by the time I'm done with them..they'll be ready to throw me out!!😂😂😂 

I also discovered this yesterday when I was at my attorny's office and asked some pointed questions. I thought the change of address on I360 automatically updates the address on I-485 as well. 

Sandra has advised me to fill the form AR11 and mail to them (waiting on the uscis address confirmation from her) and then to schedule infopass to confirm changes made. She has also said to NOT do this online!! IT HAS TO BE IN PAPER (AR11)

16 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

For those people concerned about changing address after VAWA approval here's my story!!!😊👇👇👇

So all these while I have been assuming my field office is QUEENS N.Y. because I live there..didn't know the address on my i485 was still stuck on where my spouse and I lived in Brooklyn N.Y. I only discovered, when my congresswoman disclosed my field office to me as Brooklyn and I was really distressed! Mostly because it has the second longest wait time in NYC after N.Y. N.Y. (that serves Bronx and neighboring environs) field office! Queens and Long Island has the fastest turn out! So I started making calls..instructed my attorney to update with Vermont also asked my congresswoman to note the issue but my call proved successful! As my attorney only mailed out the address change yesterday! Got an email from USCIS that my address has been updated and i485 moved to Long Island field office which is the fastest in NYC and most convenient! My zip code picked up the Long Island office not Queens!😊 on top of that a USCIS officer called me to schedule me for an infopass..I'm just gonna use the opportunity to ask them a bunch of other questions by the time I'm done with them..they'll be ready to throw me out!!😂😂😂 

So what’s the infopass for ? 

I mean they updated the address - right ? 

So why the infopass now ? 

2 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Your welcome dear!😊 the i485 goes to the field office closest to the address they have on file! In my case they had my old address as I previously only updated online..never through Vermont! But on my i765 it was updated..so yeah USCIS is messy! But thank GOD it's resolved and speedily at that! This complaint started on 23rd..and now 27th it's already resolved! In 4days! So so glad!👍 also if your current field office is faster..do live it alone!💁

MESSY  is an understatement! 

on the bright side, you interview is gomma come soon and you did not even have to n=move to NJ 😀

1 minute ago, Screecher said:

Lol! Sounding like my mum! There's plenty of use! I have plenty of questions dear!😏😝😉

1 minute ago, dreamer1 said:

on the bright side, you interview is gomma come soon and you did not even have to n=move to NJ 😀

Yes!!!!💗💓💗💞💖 talk about positive folks!😀😀😀 can't wait!

3 minutes ago, dreamer1 said:

Also when I look at other field offices in N.Y. and see 21 months and above, 17 months and above..I'm greatly terrified!😳 that's why I'm happy to be where I don't have to wait that long to get my interview!😀🙌

9 minutes ago, Screecher said:

...and besides they might just be like..well now that you're here let's get this interview over with!💁😂😂😂😂 just kidding! NOT!

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Oops!! I actually forgot you're still waiting..wow! How long has it been now from interview date? Rest assured God's got this dear! Will put you in my prayers!🙏🙏🙏💗💓💖

Yea now it’s 7 months... called uscis they said u can write them also put a service request.... hopefully something good happens as im really scared now ... Is there anyone who has been waiting for so long after interview... my attorney said the officer was lazy...😀😀

1 minute ago, rayofhope said:

Yea now it’s 7 months... called uscis they said u can write them also put a service request.... hopefully something good happens as im really scared now ... Is there anyone who has been waiting for so long after interview... my attorney said the officer was lazy...😀😀

Lmao!😂😂😂 @ lazy officer!!! Please be sure to share your good news with us all because it's almost here!🙏😊 praying for you!😘💖

15 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

...and besides they might just be like..well now that you're here let's get this interview over with!💁😂😂😂😂 just kidding! NOT!

Lol 😂 

i was just confused ... I mean why they asked you for a infopass ... I thought infopass is only when there is a issue , a concern - so when the address was updated then why did they ask you to come for an infopass or vice versa..,

i am just very curious to know A LOT honey .... curiosity kills the cat - my mum always said 😉🤣

17 minutes ago, rayofhope said:

7 months !!! After a 485 interview- even with a approved vawa !!!

😱😱😱😱😱

does a congressman or senator help in such cases ? 

I never knew it can take that long ... 

😣

4 minutes ago, Screecher said:

Lol 😂 

i was just confused ... I mean why they asked you for a infopass ... I thought infopass is only when there is a issue , a concern - so when the address was updated then why did they ask you to come for an infopass or vice versa..,

i am just very curious to know A LOT honey .... curiosity kills the cat - my mum always said 😉🤣

😂😂😂😂😂 you are hilarious! And I like that!😄😄😄😘💞

32 minutes ago, dreamer1 said:

I also discovered this yesterday when I was at my attorny's office and asked some pointed questions. I thought the change of address on I360 automatically updates the address on I-485 as well. 

Sandra has advised me to fill the form AR11 and mail to them (waiting on the uscis address confirmation from her) and then to schedule infopass to confirm changes made. She has also said to NOT do this online!! IT HAS TO BE IN PAPER (AR11)

I wish sandra could be the lawyer for all of us ... I bet we all could have our lives so much easier if we all hired Sandra .... 

I am yet to find any lawyer who is as knowledgeable as Sandra 

3 minutes ago, Screecher said:

I wish sandra could be the lawyer for all of us ... I bet we all could have our lives so much easier if we all hired Sandra .... 

you should hire her if possible! 

I wish i Knew of her before I went to the lawyer i am with. 

P.S. I really like my lawyer, his guidence has been on point thus far and he is not greedy.

this waffle-doodle is the paralegal's doing who is very overburdened. 

2 minutes ago, Screecher said:

I know right...I stumbled unto this community when I had already filed and retained an attorney before then...I would have happily paid Sandra to be the ONE! I wouldn't have to go through so much stress...my attorney and I are always battling..we only have brief episodes of cease-fire! We are constantly at logger heads because she argues/pretends to know better than she actually does! I guess we'll continue to be at daggers drawn until my Greencard surfaces!💁💁😉😀

9 minutes ago, dreamer1 said:

you should hire her if possible! 

I wish i Knew of her before I went to the lawyer i am with. 

P.S. I really like my lawyer, his guidence has been on point thus far and he is not greedy.

this waffle-doodle is the paralegal's doing who is very overburdened. 

Before the paralegal does anything - can you not ask your lawyer to inform you legally - I mean when you were preparing your documents for EAD renewal could you have not requested the paralegal and the lawyer in advance that please do not send documents without first letting me have a look - another pair of eyes certainly  helps 

and maybe could have ascertain that time that “ please send it to Vermont “ not anywhere else .... I know it’s all “ coulda shoulda “ now 😢

but going forward - maybe try to reason out with lawyer and see if he/she can buddy you up with the paralegal without “ slighting “ off her ego offcourse 🙄

maybe your lawyer can help reason out with paralegal to work in sync with you ...

just saying 

Edited by Screecher

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.