2,997 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
4 minutes ago, Screecher said:

Before the paralegal does anything - can you not ask your lawyer to inform you legally - I mean when you were preparing your documents for EAD renewal could you have not requested the paralegal and the lawyer in advance that please do not send documents without first letting me have a look - another pair of eyes certainly  helps 

and maybe could have ascertain that time that “ please send it to Vermont “ not anywhere else ....

maybe your lawyer can help reason out with paralegal to work in sync with you ...

just saying 

I filled everything out with her. 

I filled the papers myself at home and then went to her office. She filled them exactly like i did. I just figured she would know where they go as she has been spot on till now. I should have just asked. 😑

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I also spoke with the USCIS Officer on the phone and he confirmed my address that they have on file for my pending i485. I sent the Form AR-11 and a cover letter to Vermont in a separate envelope. They even fix my last name on my new EAD C09 that I also sent to Vermont to renew.

Everything has to be sent to VSC

I recommend when you’re sending anything to them to organize it in envelopes with your Alien number , Name, Date of Birth and a cover letter on the top. I had two C09 renewed and both took only 3 months total to be in my hands. 

Filed: Other Timeline
1 minute ago, John_ said:

I also spoke with the USCIS Officer on the phone and he confirmed my address that they have on file for my pending i485. I sent the Form AR-11 and a cover letter to Vermont in a separate envelope. They even fix my last name on my new EAD C09 that I also sent to Vermont to renew.

I recommend when you’re sending anything to them to organize it in envelopes with your Alien number , Name, Date of Birth and a cover letter on the top. I had two C09 renewed and both took only 3 months total to be in my hands. 

where do you call? 

can you please share the address you sent the AR 11 to and what to include in cover letter. 

also, on the AR11, for "I am in the United states as a: ??"  what did you write?  i am thinking "pending I-485 and I-360" ? 

3 minutes ago, John_ said:

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing!👍

Timeline
1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

For those people concerned about changing address after VAWA approval here's my story!!!😊👇👇👇

So all these while I have been assuming my field office is QUEENS N.Y. because I live there..didn't know the address on my i485 was still stuck on where my spouse and I lived in Brooklyn N.Y. I only discovered, when my congresswoman disclosed my field office to me as Brooklyn and I was really distressed! Mostly because it has the second longest wait time in NYC after N.Y. N.Y. (that serves Bronx and neighboring environs) field office! Queens and Long Island has the fastest turn out! So I started making calls..instructed my attorney to update with Vermont also asked my congresswoman to note the issue but my call proved successful! As my attorney only mailed out the address change yesterday! Got an email from USCIS that my address has been updated and i485 moved to Long Island field office which is the fastest in NYC and most convenient! My zip code picked up the Long Island office not Queens!😊 on top of that a USCIS officer called me to schedule me for an infopass..I'm just gonna use the opportunity to ask them a bunch of other questions by the time I'm done with them..they'll be ready to throw me out!!😂😂😂 

I’m so happy for you 😃!!!

I changed my address too but same zip code so same field office. Queens, NY. 

3 minutes ago, dreamer1 said:

where do you call? 

can you please share the address you sent the AR 11 to and what to include in cover letter. 

also, on the AR11, for "I am in the United states as a: ??"  what did you write?  i am thinking "pending I-485 and I-360" ? 

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Vermont Service Center
ATTN: VAWA Unit
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479

2 minutes ago, John_ said:

I’m so happy for you 😃!!!

I changed my address too but same zip code so same field office. Queens, NY. 

Thanks my dear!😀😀 I guess after Long Island, Queens is the next fastest office! What's so exciting is that the field office is soooo close to me..can drive down easily! No paying tolls unlike Manhattan federal plaza no parking..you know the drill!😏😀😀

6 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Thanks my dear!😀😀 I guess after Long Island, Queens is the next fastest office! What's so exciting is that the field office is soooo close to me..can drive down easily! No paying tolls unlike Manhattan federal plaza no parking..you know the drill!😏😀😀

This is so funny ... you have killer sense of humor .. ROFL 🤣 

17 minutes ago, John_ said:

This info is priceless .... thanks a million 👍

Timeline
5 minutes ago, dreamer1 said:

where do you call? 

USCIS 800-375-5283

USCIS
Vermont Service Center
Attn: I-765
75 Lower Welden St.
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

for the I am in the United States as a : NO LAWFUL STATUS. 

I overtime my B2 visa in my case. EAD is not legal status. 

Dear USCIS:

I have recently moved and I would like to have all my future mailing correspondence regarding my VAWA case EACXXXXXXXXX and my I-485 Adjustment of Status MSCXXXXXXXXXX sent to my new address. I am enclosing with this letter the Form AR-11.

New physical and mailing address:

write  your full address and at the end sign and date.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Lol That is true!! Manhattan is crazy.

I’m very excited to see more interviews and green card approval posted here. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, rayofhope said:

Thx Fridaygirl69.... for remembering me in your prayers... good news is i timely filed 21/2 months before my ead for renewal and surprisingly they issued my card in 45 days no expedite request..

thank god i wont lose my job while waiting for my i 485 decision..

Yes! It is music to my ears!

all applicants must renew their EAD 3-4 months earlier of expiration date even if they have Interview schedule, always better be cover from all sides until we get GC in hand!  Best!

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Also VAWA approvals!!! It feels good when folks are happy and celebrating!💫🌟🌟💫🙌💞

Yes , after  going to such experience in our  lives I think the minimum we can do is try to help each other. It’s a long journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.