2,997 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, dreamer1 said:

Thanks!!ย 

I actually meant to direct that part to @Screecher, for the webpage with mailing info

https://www.uscis.gov/i-765-addresses

click on adjustment of statusย 

click on c09ย 

click on 360ย 

clearly says Vermontย 

however ask @sandranjย as wellย 

this is the best I could find ...

C9AC36E0-67D9-4D1A-95F9-F75A31F812EA.thumb.png.c5e72c6deb81e9ee97250b566eaa28ce.png

Edited by Screecher

19 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

ย 

13 minutes ago, dreamer1 said:

Were you unaware of the incorrect filing location? What did you do, if anything, to resolve it?ย 

@dreamer1ย you said they received it today , so nothing can be done unfortunately .. you have to wait and see ..ย 

uscis is the only one who transfer applications from officer to another one ..ย ย and please donโ€™t sendย another application to vermont thisย could delay the process more .. itโ€™s inadvisable !ย 
Give them 90 days at least before starting to take any action ..ย 

ย Stay calm ย โค๏ธ

3 minutes ago, Fishy89 said:

ย 

@dreamer1ย you said they received it today , so nothing can be done unfortunately .. you have to wait and see ..ย 

uscis is the only one who transfer applications from officer to another one ..ย ย and please donโ€™t sendย another application to vermont thisย could delay the process more .. itโ€™s inadvisable !ย 
Give them 90 days at least before starting to take any action ..ย 

ย Stay calm ย โค๏ธ

Oh boy .... I am so sorry ... I didnโ€™t mean to give out incorrect information.ย 

Please donโ€™t send a second application then. I would hate to see your case get delayed.

ย 

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Thx Fridaygirl69.... for remembering me in your prayers... good news is i timely filed 21/2 months before my ead for renewal and surprisingly they issued my card in 45 days no expedite request..

thank god i wont lose my job while waiting for my i 485 decision..

2 minutes ago, Screecher said:

Oh boy .... I am so sorry ... I didnโ€™t mean to give out incorrect information.ย 

Please donโ€™t send a second application then. I would hate to see your case get delayed.

ย 

Donโ€™t be sorry weโ€™re all here to help each others

โค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Šย 

3 hours ago, dreamer1 said:

Hello family!ย 

ย 

So so I have a problem. My lawyerโ€™s paralegal sent out my C9 EAD renewal yesterday but to CHICAGO and NOT Vermont. I told her it is supposed to be Vermont but she says no, it is Chicago.ย 

ย 

What do I do now?ย 

ย 

I was the the one who told her I was eligible to put in the request early ( my C9 expires in March 2020) ย and now this. ย Where can I find the correct information online so I can show her and fix this. Help!ย 

So this is a very crucial thing .. a lot of people are facing this problem .ย 

There has to be a documented evidence to show that the renewal needs to go to Vermont. This would benefit everyone to show it to their lawyers prior to the mistake happening . Can anyone help please , the attorney in our forum ?ย 

We need a link a documented evidence to show this ...

Edited by Screecher

5 minutes ago, rayofhope said:

Thx Fridaygirl69.... for remembering me in your prayers... good news is i timely filed 21/2 months before my ead for renewal and surprisingly they issued my card in 45 days no expedite request..

thank god i wont lose my job while waiting for my i 485 decision..

Oops!! I actually forgot you're still waiting..wow! How long has it been now from interview date? Rest assured God's got this dear! Will put you in my prayers!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’–

Filed: Other Timeline
9 minutes ago, Screecher said:

ย 

Its OK @Screecher, We are just putting our heads together. :)

1 hour ago, dreamer1 said:

I am gonna look into this as soon as I get home. This is such a unnecessary goof up

My attorney also sent mine to NBC and I've been waiting for my C9 renewal since March! Rest assured that NBC will transfer it to Vermont..yeah it takes time but then each case is different..you just never know! Always look on the bright side my dear!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ™

Filed: Other Timeline
1 minute ago, Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š said:

My attorney also sent mine to NBC and I've been waiting for my C9 renewal since March! Rest assured that NBC will transfer it to Vermont..yeah it takes time but then each case is different..you just never know! Always look on the bright side my dear!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ™

yea... Glad its not like 2 months before expiration, that would have been bad.ย 

ย 

It will be sorted, i am sure, just annoying to add more paperwork and stress to a already full plate we haveย ๐Ÿ˜‘

4 minutes ago, dreamer1 said:

yea... Glad its not like 2 months before expiration, that would have been bad.ย 

ย 

It will be sorted, i am sure, just annoying to add more paperwork and stress to a already full plate we haveย ๐Ÿ˜‘

I know right..๐Ÿ˜ let's keep eachother updated as the cases progress!๐Ÿ‘

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š said:

For those people concerned about changing address after VAWA approval here's my story!!!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡

ย 

So all these while I have been assuming my field office is QUEENS N.Y. because I live there..didn't know the address on my i485 was still stuck on the where my spouse and I lived in Brooklyn N.Y. I only discovered, when my congresswoman disclosed my field office to me as Brooklyn and I was really distressed! Mostly because it hasย the second longest wait time in NYC after N.Y. N.Y. (that serves Bronx and neighboring environs) field office! Queens and Long Island has the fastest turn out! So I started making calls..instructed my attorney to update with Vermont also asked my congresswoman to note the issue but my call proved successful! As my attorney only mailed out the address change yesterday! Got an email from USCIS that my address has been updated and i485 moved to Long Island field office which is the fastest in NYC and most convenient! My zip code picked up the Long Island office not Queens!๐Ÿ˜Š on top of that a USCIS officer called me to schedule me for an infopass..I'm just gonna use the opportunity to ask them a bunch of other questions by the time I'm done with them..they'll be ready to throw me out!!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

Ohh I see, so the AOS interview goes to the field office it was originally filed on? Iโ€™m trying to change my address too, I sent a notarized letter even before they approved me and they still didnโ€™t change it. Itโ€™s not a big deal to me as I can get the mail from the other place but my current zip code has a faster wait time.. Iโ€™ll definitely have to inquire through congressman.

thanks for sharing your experience!

1 minute ago, nap_o said:

Ohh I see, so the AOS interview goes to the field office it was originally filed on? Iโ€™m trying to change my address too, I sent a notarized letter even before they approved me and they still didnโ€™t change it. Itโ€™s not a big deal to me as I can get the mail from the other place but my current zip code has a faster wait time.. Iโ€™ll definitely have to inquire through congressman.

thanks for sharing your experience!

Your welcome dear!๐Ÿ˜Š the i485 goes to the field office closest to the address they have on file! In my case they had my old address as I previously only updated online..never through Vermont! But on my i765 it was updated..so yeah USCIS is messy! But thank GOD it's resolved and speedily at that! This complaint started on 23rd..and now 27th it's already resolved! In 4days! So so glad!๐Ÿ‘ also if your current field office is faster..do live it alone!๐Ÿ’

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.