2,997 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, dreamer1 said:

I ask them for the tracking number, so I have a proof of delivery for my records and to check where they are sending stuff

Don’t be upset dear .. you still have time you said your card will expire march 2020 .. you will hear from them before that date ..

cheer up :) 

Filed: Other Timeline
1 minute ago, Fishy89 said:

Don’t be upset dear .. you still have time you said your card will expire march 2020 .. you will hear from them before that date ..

cheer up :) 

Apart from either lawyer writing to them or the congress person calling Chicago, nothing else can be done right?  

7 minutes ago, dreamer1 said:

Apart from either lawyer writing to them or the congress person calling Chicago, nothing else can be done right?  

It's really alarming how dumb these people they call attorneys are..most of them-that is! I think we've all seen now that VAWA is truly a special case that not all attorneys are trained to handle! Please if anyone here is yet to get an attorney be sure to find only the ones that handle/specialize in VAWA cases!!! It's really distressing what their ignorance make us go through! Alright @dreamer1contact your congressperson to see if they redirect it for you, give them the details of your EAD..also see if you can call them and bring the matter to their attention!

2 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

It's really alarming how dumb these people they call attorneys are..most of them-that is! I think we've all seen now that VAWA is truly a special case that not all attorneys are trained to handle! Please if anyone here is yet to get an attorney be sure to find only the ones that handle/specialize in VAWA cases!!! It's really distressing what their ignorance make us go through! Alright @dreamer1contact your congressperson to see if they redirect it for you, give them the details of your EAD..also see if you can call them and bring the matter to their attention!

I am gonna look into this as soon as I get home. This is such a unnecessary goof up

22 minutes ago, dreamer1 said:

I am gonna look into this as soon as I get home. This is such a unnecessary goof up

On the uscis website you can see the address where the documents for renewal needs to be sent is Vermont 

take that print out 

show to the lawyer and send a second packet of renewal application to Vermont again ; with a cover letter explaining that the first one was erroneously sent to Chicago . Your lawyer can agree to do that . There is no harm in sending a second packet . Once your renewal comes through and when the file gets transferred they will see that .... 

47 minutes ago, dreamer1 said:

Did Chicago received the application ??

i heard before you can call usps and stop the delivery and ask them to return your package back !! 
if you can do this do it and resend it to vermont .

18 minutes ago, Screecher said:

On the uscis website you can see the address where the documents for renewal needs to be sent is Vermont 

take that print out 

show to the lawyer and send a second packet of renewal application to Vermont again ; with a cover letter explaining that the first one was erroneously sent to Chicago . Your lawyer can agree to do that . There is no harm in sending a second packet . Once your renewal comes through and when the file gets transferred they will see that .... 

@sandranj has advice several time not to sent a second EAD renewal.... USCIS is the one who transfer the petitions they will transfer to Vermont but it will take a long time. I found this information on the USCIS website 

Application Sent to the Wrong Filing Location

If you sent your application to the wrong filing location, we will forward your application to the correct Lockbox facility. If the application is not processed by a Lockbox facility, it is returned to the applicants.

If applicants or their representatives have specific cases where this is not happening, you should provide additional information to Lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov and we will make any required corrections. 

Maybe email the lock box support to see if they can do something since it was just sent out. 

55 minutes ago, dreamer1 said:

If you sent your application to the wrong filing location, we will forward your application to the correct Lockbox facility. If the application is not processed by a Lockbox facility, it is returned to the applicants.

If applicants or their representatives have specific cases where this is not happening, you should provide additional information to Lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov and we will make any required corrections. 

Maybe email the lock box support to see if they can do something since it was just sent out. 

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/directorates-and-program-offices/lockbox-intake/lockbox-intake-processing-tip-sheet 

6 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

@sandranj has advice several time not to sent a second EAD renewal.... USCIS is the one who transfer the petitions they will transfer to Vermont but it will take a long time. I found this information on the USCIS website 

Oh wow - good to know 👍

Just curious to know why a second EAD should not be sent ? Just curious 

i mean if she advised against it then we shouldn’t do ... 

Edited by Screecher

34 minutes ago, Fishy89 said:

Did Chicago received the application ??

i heard before you can call usps and stop the delivery and ask them to return your package back !! 
if you can do this do it and resend it to vermont .

they received it at 2:10 pm today. 

10 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

I will e-mail them, I want to give my lawyer 48 hours to reply. its the weekend anyway 

38 minutes ago, Screecher said:

take that print out 

Can you forward me the link please

Edited by dreamer1

2 minutes ago, dreamer1 said:

they received it at 2:10 pm today. 

I will e-mail them right now

Can you forward me the link please

here is the link https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/directorates-and-program-offices/lockbox-intake/lockbox-intake-processing-tip-sheet  

1 minute ago, FeDaniela said:

Thanks!! 

I actually meant to direct that part to @Screecher, for the webpage with mailing info

4 minutes ago, Screecher said:

Oh wow - good to know 👍

Just curious to know why a second EAD should not be sent ? Just curious 

i mean if she advised against it then we shouldn’t do ... 

I forgot what was Sandra advice because i was the one who EAD was stock at NBC for 8 months so i was desperate, and i was thinking to do the same thing, she said not to sent a second one... The USCIS has jurisdiction and they will make they internal transfer only the will take time. remember I-765 renewal is link to our I-485, USCIS has different center but is still USCIS. We may have to wait from @sandranj to respond, i really don't remember 

1 minute ago, FeDaniela said:

I forgot what was Sandra advice because i was the one who EAD was stock at NBC for 8 months so i was desperate, and i was thinking to do the same thing, she said not to sent a second one... The USCIS has jurisdiction and they will make they internal transfer only the will take time. remember I-765 renewal is link to our I-485, USCIS has different center but is still USCIS. We may have to wait from @sandranj to respond, i really don't remember 

Were you unaware of the incorrect filing location? What did you do, if anything, to resolve it? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.