TBoneTX

March 2019 AOS Filers -- Part 2

636 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, HRQX said:

It's probably the Welcome Notice:

797-welcome1.jpg

Turns out it was approval of his advanced parole!??!?! HUH??? He has had his green card for a MONTH! These people are so weird. I kind of wondered if that's what it was because they had asked for more info which we sent in but then that case was closed when the Greencard was approved. And he also filed for an emergency AP and they were definitely very confused about the whole thing (why?? Who knows...). It says his AP card will come in the mail lol. I wonder if it will??

6 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Keep us posted. Also, an example of what standalone AP looks like:

advanced-parole.jpg

It’s an I-797 notice of action for I131 application for travel document. But based on the received date (8/8) it is his emergency AP that they already gave him and he already used in August!!! It says they have approved his application and the travel document will be mailed to him separately. He has a green card now..:so this literally makes NO sense at all lol

Today on our 1st year wedding anniversary, we received great news that our AOS case was approved. We had our interview 6th November which went really well. Our case was approved later the same day but they only emailed me this morning. So happy that this stage is complete. All the best to everyone. Thanks for all your help 😊😊

Our journey so far:🙂

03 /12/19- Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 & I-765 (via USPS)
03/14/19 - Arrived at Chicago lock box
03/19/19- NOA1 via text (all petitions NBC)
03/22/19- Biometrics notice
03/25/19 - NOA1 via mail for AOSEAD & AP 
03/30/19- NOA1 for scheduled biometrics appointment (via mail)
04/12/19- Biometrics appointment completed 

1 hour ago, DCTV822 said:

Hi there! I'm new. My husband and I filed the I-485 on 3/29/19 in Alexandria VA (through the Fairfax Office). We already have the EAD/AP card. And we've been in the 'waiting to schedule an interview" phase since  June 19, 2019.  Not sure how much longer to expect! 

You check your local office processing time 

10 hours ago, Gigi2017 said:

I’m so sorry to hear that. I miss Hungary too especially the Advent and Christmas Market 😓 250 days since the NOA and 218 since the Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview...

I love NYC but I am missing everyone and everything! I think it’s the holidays as everyone at work is planning time with their families etc. I’m still waiting for my interview to be scheduled too but I know it won’t be until next year 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 11/12/2019 at 12:37 PM, Nicola and Jordan said:

I love NYC but I am missing everyone and everything! I think it’s the holidays as everyone at work is planning time with their families etc. I’m still waiting for my interview to be scheduled too but I know it won’t be until next year 

The holidays are really hard to be away from your family! Keep your chin up! We're still waiting too and don't expect to hear anything until next year! 

On 10/16/2019 at 4:11 PM, DJClaire said:

Yay! Let's hope so.  Remember I expedited my EAD so perhaps your interview date is just round the corner. Fingers crossed for you.

Did you have your interview yet? 

1 hour ago, SusannZ said:

The holidays are really hard to be away from your family! Keep your chin up! We're still waiting too and don't expect to hear anything until next year! 

Did you have your interview yet? 

I have my interview in three weeks 

event.png

K1

NOA1: May 10th 2018

NOA2: October 30th 2018

NVC Received: November 30th 2018

Embassy Received: December 27th 2018

Medical: January 14th 2019

Interview: January 22nd 2019 (Approved subject to medical approval), Medical approved and sent to the embassy: 24th January 2019

Visa in Hand: February 1st 2019

AOS / EAD / AP + OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS (WHICH MAY BE USEFUL TO KNOW)

POE: New York (JFK) February 6th 2019

SSN: Applied in SS Office on February 7th (New Haven)

Wedding: February 14th ❤

SSN Card received: February 20th

Marriage certificate received: February 21st, Passed Driving test theory (CT): February 21st, Opened first bank account (CT): February 21st

Attended 8 hour driver safety course (CT): February 23rd

AOS / AP / EAD sent: March 7th, 2019

AOS / AP / EAD received: March 9th, 2019

AOS / AP / EAD payment taken: March 25th, 2019

Driving Road Test: March 29th, 2019 (Passed)

NOA1: All received by mail: April 2nd, 2019

Biometrics Appointment: April 19th, 2019 (Hartford, CT) - Good Friday

Telephone Request to Expedite I-131: May 31st, 2019 (Financial Loss)

Email from USCIS requesting info: June 6th, 2019, Information faxed: June 6th, 2019

Telephone Request to Expedite I-765: July 2nd, 2019

CARD IN PRODUCTION - YIPPPPEEEEEE July 3rd, 2019. Hallelujah! lol

EAD/AP Combo card received: July 8th, 2019.

AOS Interview (Hartford): December 4th, 2019, AOS Approval: December 5th, 2019 (Text / online notification)

Greencard Received: December 12, 2019

FROM K1 NOA1 to GREEN CARD IN HAND: 581 DAYS (1 YEAR, 7 MONTHS AND 2 DAYS).

Here we go again on the crazy USCIS train! 

I751 Application filed 6th September, 2021

24 month extension letter received

N400 Application filed online 6th September, 2022

28th February, 2023 : 48 month extension letter received

13th March: N400 updated to 'Interview was Scheduled'

Timeline

Hi everyone...had to come and tell how my things are going. So my notification says that my aos is filed 15th of april. i did call several times cause no biometrics notice etc. Finally after 1000 calls someone did notice...NOT. I got biometrics for AED what seems to be different then the aos biometrics. I didn't know that and was not worried right? 3 weeks ago suddenly comes notification to biometrics!!! Then i released NONE has done anything to my application since APRIL! How can this be like this? there is nothing i can do to make them hurry my application even its clearly not been worked on. grrr....well today got online status update that my case is rdy to scheduled for interview..  might happen in 2025 maybe. Cincinnati has been really ok office what i have heard. oh well. 

Timeline
13 hours ago, HRQX said:

You got 2 notices instead of 1?

ASC-5.jpg

yes! 1 one was for ead so the code was nro 2 (only one fingerprint taken) and then out of blu got second notifacation what was code 3 (all fingerprints). Sinse i didnt know that there was different codes i asumed all was rdy in july!  i did file all together etc. so that isnt reason for these. We know that someone messed up in uscis cause no one waits over 6months they biometricks notification! ..now i have no choise then wait when and IF the interview is scheluded.

Edited by FINUSA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Good news and bad news from me.

Good is that they have suddenly scheduled the GC interview.  Haven't got the letter yet but based on others I expect late December.  That wasn't forecast to happen in Dallas until 14 months after our March 2019 application, so next May.  

But the BAD news is that I am currently in Europe on my Advance Parole .... and my AP card was stolen.   Its a new nightmare.  USCIS say contact the embassy.  Two different Embassies say they only deal with Legal Residents and Citizens.  The USCIS page says there is no process for lost AP docs (https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-11-part-a-chapter-3) and to contact the European Field office in Rome.  Rome have responded to my email saying to file a new I-131 with expedited request.  

As usual, the main source of comfort are threads on here from others in the same situation.  Seems like Customs-Border-Patrol will accept me with evidence of my problem (police report etc). But I have to persuade the airline to let me fly - when they are at risk of a big fine if I was rejected by CBP.    Threads I have read:

I will provide more updates when I have resolved the issue.  

first met late 2016, met 13 more times since. Filed i-129 Apr 14th. NOA2 dated Oct 11th. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.