TBoneTX

March 2019 AOS Filers -- Part 2

636 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, SusannZ said:

I'm so nervous! I hate not being back in the US and able to already collect all our evidence (again) and make new copies and all that. I have such ocd with that stuff! Where are you located? We're in CT so our office is in Hartford CT

We are is Southern California and our office is Santa Ana. 
I had a day off yesterday so I did collect our up to date documents, printed out the paystubs, phone talk activity, copied our rental lease, copied our new cars’s paperwork and put them together with the stuff that we sent them in March. I’ll need to print the new photos and the tax scripts. we already sent it but it’s better to be over prepared I guess.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 12/14/2019 at 12:51 AM, PaulaMarie said:

Looks like most of us are getting interviews! Yay!

For those who already have interview schedule dates, how long did it take for you to get it in mailbox starting from online notice?

It took us about a week to get the letter. Notice came in on Friday last week and the letter arrived on Wednesday. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Gigi2017 said:

We are is Southern California and our office is Santa Ana. 
I had a day off yesterday so I did collect our up to date documents, printed out the paystubs, phone talk activity, copied our rental lease, copied our new cars’s paperwork and put them together with the stuff that we sent them in March. I’ll need to print the new photos and the tax scripts. we already sent it but it’s better to be over prepared I guess.

I'm gonna print our text convos but they're so boring. My husband's response to anything I say is "OK" 😂 not sure how convincing that'll be haha. But I have everything, just need to add new utilities since we moved to our new house, the new lease and recent pay stubs. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 12/19/2019 at 4:16 AM, SusannZ said:

I have my medical scheduled for December 30th. I've been doing some research because I had a panic attack over all the vaccinations... For those who had their medical recently, what kind of vaccines did you have to get apart from the childhood ones? According to uscis and cdc websites, vaccine requirements are age appropriate, meaning that different age groups require different vaccinations. 

Picture is from cdc website and highlighted for my age bracket. 

FB_IMG_1576656705968.jpg

What you have highlighted is correct. Nothing else is needed. Hmm That image actually looks almost identical to something I shared and what used..

Timeline
11 hours ago, Shiran said:

What you have highlighted is correct. Nothing else is needed. Hmm That image actually looks almost identical to something I shared and what used..

Someone sent it to me in a facebook group for Swedish people in the US. The table is from cdc website, someone else highlighted it and sent it to her and she shared it with me. 

On 12/17/2019 at 3:35 PM, Gigi2017 said:

Update:

I’ve got the email Interview was scheduled!!! Let’s wait for the mail and find a Uscis doctor for the shots!

Congratulations!! I've tried to not check VJ that much so that I don't drive myself crazy waiting for an interview but I wanted to say I'm so happy for you! You were one of the first people I talked with when I joined the forum when we were filing and waiting for our EAD and it made me feel like I was not as alone. I'm so excited for your AOS journey to be nearing close to an end and I wish you guys the best of luck at your interview!!

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131 (USC spouse)

Adjusting From: F1 

Local USCIS office: Washington, DC

Service center: NBC

AOS Timeline

03/07/2019: FedEx delivery

03/22/2019: NOA1

04/01/2019: Completed biometrics 

04/08/2019: Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

07/05/2019: EAD Card in Production (67 days after expediting)

Feb 2020: GC Interview, GC received

ROC Timeline:

Nov 2021: Filed I-751

March 2021: Biometrics Appointment Completed

Hi everyone! Thought I'd check in from Virginia. We're still waiting for our interview to be scheduled. It's been 290 days since we filed our AOS. I've tried to keep as busy with work and friends as possible to not think about the wait so much but I'm definitely starting to get a little impatient. Although I knew that my wait was going to be at least about a year or so given the wait times at our LFO. Hope everyone has a great holiday season filled with interview and approval notices!!

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131 (USC spouse)

Adjusting From: F1 

Local USCIS office: Washington, DC

Service center: NBC

AOS Timeline

03/07/2019: FedEx delivery

03/22/2019: NOA1

04/01/2019: Completed biometrics 

04/08/2019: Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

07/05/2019: EAD Card in Production (67 days after expediting)

Feb 2020: GC Interview, GC received

ROC Timeline:

Nov 2021: Filed I-751

March 2021: Biometrics Appointment Completed

18 hours ago, AOSFairfax said:

Congratulations!! I've tried to not check VJ that much so that I don't drive myself crazy waiting for an interview but I wanted to say I'm so happy for you! You were one of the first people I talked with when I joined the forum when we were filing and waiting for our EAD and it made me feel like I was not as alone. I'm so excited for your AOS journey to be nearing close to an end and I wish you guys the best of luck at your interview!!

Thank you so much! I was wondering why are you so silent. I thought you got your green card yet and living your life happy until the ROC. 
I hope you’ll get your interview soon!!! 
I don’t have the date yet, I guess it will come in the mail today or tomorrow.

Timeline
On 12/22/2019 at 11:38 PM, AOSFairfax said:

Hi everyone! Thought I'd check in from Virginia. We're still waiting for our interview to be scheduled. It's been 290 days since we filed our AOS. I've tried to keep as busy with work and friends as possible to not think about the wait so much but I'm definitely starting to get a little impatient. Although I knew that my wait was going to be at least about a year or so given the wait times at our LFO. Hope everyone has a great holiday season filled with interview and approval notices!!

Don't lose hope! I was very surprised that ours got scheduled, I was expecting at least until February. 

So the interview note says to bring the petitioners birth certificate to the interview... My husband came here seeking asylum from Russia in the early 90s and we only have his naturalization certificate. Will not having his birth certificate cause any issues for us? I've tried to talk to my mother in law but she only says it got lost in that whole ordeal of leaving Russia. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 minutes ago, SusannZ said:

My husband came here seeking asylum from Russia in the early 90s and we only have his naturalization certificate. Will not having his birth certificate cause any issues for us? I've tried to talk to my mother in law but she only says it got lost in that whole ordeal of leaving Russia. 

I have NO idea why paper asks for petitioner's birth certificate. Obviously US one can act as proof of citizenship but that is not applicable for naturalized citizens. During actual interview, they never mentioned it. Just bring the Certificate of Naturalization, and be careful with it! How early 90s? Russia was not a country until 1991. If your petitioner was born before that, they would have birth certificate from USSR, not Russia. If it brought up, just explain it was lost when USSR fell apart. I am about 99% sure it won't be especially if have cetificate of naturalization on hand. They care that petitioner is a citizen, that is all. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Shiran said:

I have NO idea why paper asks for petitioner's birth certificate. Obviously US one can act as proof of citizenship but that is not applicable for naturalized citizens. During actual interview, they never mentioned it. Just bring the Certificate of Naturalization, and be careful with it! How early 90s? Russia was not a country until 1991. If your petitioner was born before that, they would have birth certificate from USSR, not Russia. If it brought up, just explain it was lost when USSR fell apart. I am about 99% sure it won't be especially if have cetificate of naturalization on hand. They care that petitioner is a citizen, that is all. 

Thanks! ! My husband was born in 1981, moved to the US 1994 I believe (could be 96) and naturalized in 2008. Good point if they ask for it, to mention that he was born in ussr and not Russia and it got lost. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.