TBoneTX

March 2019 AOS Filers -- Part 2

636 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, americaninlove said:

Congrats!!!!

Thank you! 

I'm so happy to finally be able to start paying taxes! 😂

6 hours ago, JoelThai said:

After 224 days, my wife's EAD/AP has been approved.  Online it shows only the EAD as approved (AP show a status of "Case Was Received"), but today I received separate paper notices in the USPS mail, both for the EAD and AP, that they have been approved and the card will arrive separately.   Fortunately that means I will not need to bother the Ombudsman.   🎉

Congrats!!!!🎉

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
23 hours ago, americaninlove said:

Went to SSA office today to get new social security card. My husband just showed his green card and that was it. The guy said it would come in two weeks. 

For the DMV, I know it’s state specific, but in PA they give you one year. So his license expires in March 2020. Should he go now with his green card to get a new one with a longer date? Wait until February? What do you need to bring? Hate the DMW lol

I don't know how dmw works in other states, but here in CT we have dmv express for renewals. I went there in May, they didn't even ask for any papers and gave me 6 years right away even though I'm adjusting my status. Look up where you live if they have something similar. If the license is valid til next year, I would just wait! It doesn't really make a difference. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
5 minutes ago, SusannZ said:

I don't know how dmw works in other states, but here in CT we have dmv express for renewals. I went there in May, they didn't even ask for any papers and gave me 6 years right away even though I'm adjusting my status. Look up where you live if they have something similar. If the license is valid til next year, I would just wait! It doesn't really make a difference. 

Often times state DMV-specific questions are discussed in the Moving to the US and Your New Life In America forum: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/15-moving-to-the-us-and-your-new-life-in-america/

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Congratulations to all who got their EAD or even their GC. After 222 days I'm still waiting for my EAD 😩

But actually I'm wondering if anyone here who is in California too, found affordable health insurance. My husband is on Medicaid so he can't cover me under his insurance.

So, if anybody has recommendations, I would appreciate it. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
8 hours ago, Pitaya said:

Often times state DMV-specific questions are discussed in the Moving to the US and Your New Life In America forum: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/15-moving-to-the-us-and-your-new-life-in-america/

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Thanks for the info, I've been living here 15 years though... I was just answering a general question from another member  😊

Just received my EAD combo card and my SSN both in the mail today!! Very pleased.

Would i need to do anything in regards to verify my SSN now or is it good to go?

Our journey so far:🙂

03 /12/19- Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 & I-765 (via USPS)
03/14/19 - Arrived at Chicago lock box
03/19/19- NOA1 via text (all petitions NBC)
03/22/19- Biometrics notice
03/25/19 - NOA1 via mail for AOSEAD & AP 
03/30/19- NOA1 for scheduled biometrics appointment (via mail)
04/12/19- Biometrics appointment completed 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 10/26/2019 at 9:55 PM, Mike & Tanja said:

Congratulations to all who got their EAD or even their GC. After 222 days I'm still waiting for my EAD 😩

But actually I'm wondering if anyone here who is in California too, found affordable health insurance. My husband is on Medicaid so he can't cover me under his insurance.

So, if anybody has recommendations, I would appreciate it. 

I got $200 per month, a short-term policy.  ASPEN or something.  Message me if you want more details.

first met late 2016, met 13 more times since. Filed i-129 Apr 14th. NOA2 dated Oct 11th. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
16 minutes ago, rye_212 said:

So finally, after 6 months, 215 days, today in mail I got notification that EAD and AP were approved last Wed 23rd Oct.  I had missed my October rugby trip, and there had been no response to my Sept 5th service request, so I'd given up tracking and posting. It was a nice surprise to find it in the mailbox today.  

And I wanna go book flights, so the standard question that I haven't been paying attention to answers:  How many days from the Oct 23rd "your card is being produced" before I get the card in my fist?

It does seem like a rush of approvals recently,  best of luck to those still waiting.   

first met late 2016, met 13 more times since. Filed i-129 Apr 14th. NOA2 dated Oct 11th. 

1 hour ago, rye_212 said:

And I wanna go book flights, so the standard question that I haven't been paying attention to answers:  How many days from the Oct 23rd "your card is being produced" before I get the card in my fist?

It does seem like a rush of approvals recently,  best of luck to those still waiting.   

Mine took a week but got delayed it was originally meant to arrive Saturday(25th).

My card was in production from Oct 21st, then a string of updates came daily.

once it says “card has been picked up by Usps” it should take 2-3 days to arrive. 

Our journey so far:🙂

03 /12/19- Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 & I-765 (via USPS)
03/14/19 - Arrived at Chicago lock box
03/19/19- NOA1 via text (all petitions NBC)
03/22/19- Biometrics notice
03/25/19 - NOA1 via mail for AOSEAD & AP 
03/30/19- NOA1 for scheduled biometrics appointment (via mail)
04/12/19- Biometrics appointment completed 

Does seem like FINALLY they are going through all the March people who hadn't yet been approved. It's such good news and I'm hopeful for those who haven't heard yet that it's COMING! FINALLY!!! So happy for everyone who has heard the past few weeks. Congrats! On to a "normal" life :)

We had our notice today telling us our interview has been scheduled for December 11th. Very excited but also surprised with processing times for Orlando estimated to be much longer than we have waited. Also the website hasn’t changed so it was a shock to see more USCIS mail in the mailbox today.

USPS informed delivery says my husband has a letter from USCIS today and it looks like an NOA letter from the photo...very odd since he already has his Greencard?? I'm a little worried...guess we will see in a few hours when the mail comes!

48 minutes ago, americaninlove said:

USPS informed delivery says my husband has a letter from USCIS today and it looks like an NOA letter from the photo...very odd since he already has his Greencard?? I'm a little worried...guess we will see in a few hours when the mail comes!

It's probably the Welcome Notice:

797-welcome1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.