TBoneTX

March 2019 AOS Filers -- Part 2

636 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Mike E said:

Our card was ordered to be produced in January 27. It is due to arrive February 1 (Usps priority mail).  

We have a cluster mail box and our carrier is notorious for mis-delivering mail or leaving the entire cluster unlocked and open to thieves.

I will waiting outside all day Saturday for that Useless Stupid Postal Service  carrier to arrive, and will be chasing after that carrier if there is not green card in our mail box when she leaves.   

46 minutes ago, SusannZ said:

I actually ended up chasing the mail man around town to get my ead card back in September 😂 

My EAD card got lost by the USPS for 2 weeks and my neighbor dropped it to me. Do you remember guys? 🙄😩

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

My EAD card got lost by the USPS for 2 weeks and my neighbor dropped it to me. Do you remember guys? 🙄😩

Oh I remember! It amazes me that these documents aren't sent by certified mail or they make you go to the post office to find it. I'm happy I'll get my 10 year gc now so the next step I only need to worry about is my N400 application in 3 years! 

6 hours ago, Mike E said:

Our card was ordered to be produced in January 27. It is due to arrive February 1 (Usps priority mail).  

We have a cluster mail box and our carrier is notorious for mis-delivering mail or leaving the entire cluster unlocked and open to thieves.

I will waiting outside all day Saturday for that Useless Stupid Postal Service  carrier to arrive, and will be chasing after that carrier if there is not green card in our mail box when she leaves.   

I think the same, our postman all the time forgets to attach all letters or delivers torn letters

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

Are you signed up for informed delivery with USPS? They email scans of he mail you'll be receiving that day. Usually around 8am.

TIMELINE:

May 22 2018              I-129F Filed
May 30 2018              I-129F NOA1 
Nov. 07 2018              I-129F NOA2
Nov. 21 2018              Case received by NVC

Dec. 04 2018              Case # Assigned

Dec. 11 2018              Visa Application in Transit to Manila Embassy 📭

Dec. 13 2018              Visa Application set to READY 📬

Dec. 27 2018              Interview Date US Embassy - Read Review Here

Jan. 05 2019              Visa on hand

Jan. 16 2019              US Entry (San Francisco POE) - Read Review Here

Feb. 11 2019              Marriage 👰🤵

Mar. 12 2019              AOS mailed

Mar. 14 2019              AOS delivered to USCIS Chicago

Mar. 19 2019              AOS NOA

Apr. 09 2019               Biometrics done (Status stayed as "Fingerprint fee received" for 4 months

Aug. 09 2019              Interview Ready to be Scheduled
Oct. 10 2019               EAD and AP (approved after 212 days)

Oct. 18 2019               EAD/AP Combo card received

Feb. 20 2020              GC Interview, no same day result, case in review (SF Field Office) - Read Review Here

Feb. 21 2020              (next day) Status changed to New card is being produced!

Feb. 10 2022              Mailed I-751 ROC

Feb. 11 2022              I-751 date filed

Feb. 14 2022              NOA1 (WAC)

Jul. 13 2022               NOA2- biometric appointment waived, no refund for fee collected, old biometrics will  be reused

Jul. 14 2022               Case Status: 4 "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken"

Dec. 26 2022             Filed N-400 online, NOA and Biometrics reuse same date

Mar. 20 2023             NOA3- 48 month GC extension from date of expiration

Oct. 18 2023              Case status: I-751 ROC transferred to another office

Oct. 19 2023              Case status: "We transferred your Form I751 yo another USCIS office that now has jurisdiction over your case"

Oct. 21 2023              Case status: "New Card Is Being Produced"

Oct. 23 2023              N-400 Interview was scheduled

Oct. 24 2023              Case status: "We approved your Form I-751"

Oct. 25 2023              Case status: "Card was mailed to me"

Just now, confusedshoes said:

Are you signed up for informed delivery with USPS? They email scans of he mail you'll be receiving that day. Usually around 8am.

Lol I usually get that informed delivery scans around 4 pm right before the mailman comes. And they don’t scan the picture I usually get blank pictures.

Just now, Gigi2017 said:

Lol I usually get that informed delivery scans around 4 pm right before the mailman comes. And they don’t scan the picture I usually get blank pictures.

Wow that's kinda pointless. 😂 I get them every day at 8am, mailman comes around noon.

TIMELINE:

May 22 2018              I-129F Filed
May 30 2018              I-129F NOA1 
Nov. 07 2018              I-129F NOA2
Nov. 21 2018              Case received by NVC

Dec. 04 2018              Case # Assigned

Dec. 11 2018              Visa Application in Transit to Manila Embassy 📭

Dec. 13 2018              Visa Application set to READY 📬

Dec. 27 2018              Interview Date US Embassy - Read Review Here

Jan. 05 2019              Visa on hand

Jan. 16 2019              US Entry (San Francisco POE) - Read Review Here

Feb. 11 2019              Marriage 👰🤵

Mar. 12 2019              AOS mailed

Mar. 14 2019              AOS delivered to USCIS Chicago

Mar. 19 2019              AOS NOA

Apr. 09 2019               Biometrics done (Status stayed as "Fingerprint fee received" for 4 months

Aug. 09 2019              Interview Ready to be Scheduled
Oct. 10 2019               EAD and AP (approved after 212 days)

Oct. 18 2019               EAD/AP Combo card received

Feb. 20 2020              GC Interview, no same day result, case in review (SF Field Office) - Read Review Here

Feb. 21 2020              (next day) Status changed to New card is being produced!

Feb. 10 2022              Mailed I-751 ROC

Feb. 11 2022              I-751 date filed

Feb. 14 2022              NOA1 (WAC)

Jul. 13 2022               NOA2- biometric appointment waived, no refund for fee collected, old biometrics will  be reused

Jul. 14 2022               Case Status: 4 "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken"

Dec. 26 2022             Filed N-400 online, NOA and Biometrics reuse same date

Mar. 20 2023             NOA3- 48 month GC extension from date of expiration

Oct. 18 2023              Case status: I-751 ROC transferred to another office

Oct. 19 2023              Case status: "We transferred your Form I751 yo another USCIS office that now has jurisdiction over your case"

Oct. 21 2023              Case status: "New Card Is Being Produced"

Oct. 23 2023              N-400 Interview was scheduled

Oct. 24 2023              Case status: "We approved your Form I-751"

Oct. 25 2023              Case status: "Card was mailed to me"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
4 hours ago, confusedshoes said:

Yes  I am signed up.  

It has been useful to get some mis-delivered letters and packages delivered.  But it tells us what we are missing.  

So far I’ve have a state ballot, a car registration, and an I-797 biometrics appointment letter mid-delivered. That ballot and registration were never recovered. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 1/29/2020 at 2:48 AM, Gigi2017 said:

Hi Guys,

We just got back from our AOS interview about an hour ago.

Our appointment was scheduled to 7.:15 am but we got there around 6.40 and they let us into the building. At 6.40 there were already about 40 people in the waiting room. We had to go to a window and give them the appointment letter, they took a picture about me and had to give a fingerprint then we had to wait. 

We've been waiting for an hour, an older IO called my name first and then said my husband's name as well at 7:43 am. He shaked our hand with a big smile on his face then he said let's go to the copy machine so he can make a copy of my driver's licence, my EAD and my husband's drivers license and while he made the copy he was talking about the ROC. Then we followed him into his office. 

At the office there was our pile on his table but before we sat down he asked us to take an oath about we are going to say the truth. 

After we sat down he started to he asked us if we ever saw the movie called Green card with Andie MacDowell and Gérard Depardieu. I told him that I've seen it many times and my husband said he never saw that movie. Then the IO started to tell us the story about the movie. And then he was talking about that he is working for 25 years now for the USCIS and he has seen so many things, so many frauds during the years and the reason for the AOS 2 year green card is because of the lot's of frauds. He told us that unfortunately he can't give me the 10 year green card, just the 2 years and then he explained everything about the ROC. After all this he opened our file and started a few "YES" and "NO" questions. He didn't ask all of them, just a few and then he started to go over on every single page that we filed. EVERYTHING!!! He highlited our names on every page and said "for the ROC you'll need to have lots of documentation with both of your names again". When he was done with all the pages he asked us if we had filed the 2019 Tax already. I suddenly said "YES" and started to look for it and I couldn't find it and I started to freak out and looked at my husband who just smiled to me. And the IO told him "you can correct her" and my husband told me "honey, we didn't do the tax yet" and both my husband and the IO started to laugh and the IO told me to calm down and don"t panic there is nothing wrong.

After that the IO asked me if I have anything new that I want to add to our case. I gave him our 2 new cars DMV registration, the 2 insurances, my husband's 401(k) with my name on it, all the bills, phone talk activities, hotel reservations.

I asked him if he want's to see any pictures and he said "sure, I love pictures". He chose 4 of them and he said he only cares about the pictures where he can clearly see the background which is not our living room or dining table. He wanted to see the Sequoia sign behind us, and the Arizona State sign etc. He said that's all he cares about to see that we are traveling together. He also said that he has seen PHOTOSHOPPED pictures with others!!!

At the end he asked where and how we met, when did we start to date, when did we got married and when did we move in together.

Then he said we are approved, and he congratulated to us and wrote a paper by hand with the date on it (10/31/2021) when we can apply for the ROC. He gave us the approval paper (the app hasn't change yet) and a ROC paper with all the information in it.

We spend 35 minutes in his office but he barely asked anything from us, he was talking most of the time about the fake marriages (which freaked me out because why did he talked about fake marriages that much?????).

I feel so relieved right now and I need some sleep because I couldn't in the last few days. 

I guess I'll see you some of you at the ROC but I"ll keep reading the rest of you AOS interview experiences!!! 

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!

Congratulation on passing your green card!

I'm also having the interview at Santa Ana office on Feb 28th.

Just wondering which file the officer was using for questions, the one we filed for AOS or the file you brought in that day? Thank you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
11 hours ago, PaulaMarie said:

Not AOS related but, Did you file taxes "JOINTLY" with your spouse?

Yes we file jointly 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
11 hours ago, PaulaMarie said:

Not AOS related but, Did you file taxes "JOINTLY" with your spouse?

For 2018 I could not because POE was 2019.  And nor did I want that hassle.  

For 2019 we will file jointly, and would have whether Iris was approved for a green card or not.  Filing jointly is a good idea for ROC.  

1 hour ago, Violax said:

Congratulation on passing your green card!

I'm also having the interview at Santa Ana office on Feb 28th.

Just wondering which file the officer was using for questions, the one we filed for AOS or the file you brought in that day? Thank you.

The file that we sent to the USCIS. At the very end of the interview he asked us for fresh utility bills, rental lease etc. he didn’t care about fresh pictures, just the papers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.