Jump to content
Michelle Allen

221g white slip/Tunisia K1

26 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Please help I am so confused! My fiance had his interview in Tunisia on June 20th 2019 and received the blue 221g requesting more documents. He went back to the embassy yesterday with the requested documents. 

 

At this time the consoler stated that she did not know our case and asked him to have a seat. She reviewed our case for about 15 minutes and called him back to the window. 

 

She asked about my children, my ex, and my job. She discussed his rights against domestic violence in the US. She then said that they would be sending him an email to let him know when to come and with what documents. He asked the consoler what documents they needed because he had everything with him.

 

She then yelled at him saying that he would receive an email and that he could leave. She handed him the 221g white slip and it is marked on administrative processing. They kept all the paperwork but did not take his passport and she stated that she did not need to see our photos and messages yet.

 

Please any thoughts I am absolutely frieking out and we have been away from one another for 3 years and have lost 2 babies!

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you meet the requirement of having met in person within the two-year period prior to filing? You mention being apart for three years...

 

Are you older than him? MENA countries have low rates of approvals, especially for the classic “older white single mother and young Muslim man”. There are plenty of case reports on here you can read to get an idea of how rarely they are approved. 

 

Often you will need to get married first and file a CR-1 or how about if you move to Tunisia?

Edited by JFH

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Michelle Allen said:

I have visited my fiance numerous times and at long periods of time.

OK, you confused everyone by saying “we have been away from one another for 3 years”. Implies you have not spent a minute together in a 3-year period. If you mean you have been living in separate countries for three years (but with occasional or frequent visits), welcome to the club. Almost all of us go through that. My husband and I had been married over two years before we could live together. It’s hard but it’s survivable. 

 

Yes, you are in administrative processing now. But until it’s approved, it’s not approved. 


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All calm down.    The rules are to proof a bonafide relationship.   If you have visited many times, there shd be photos, air tickets etc.  What was the initial 221g asking for?

 

Were you ever involved in domestic violence issues?

Were there any other criminal incidents that need certified documents?

Was any form not properly filled or had error?

How many times have you filed K1 or married or sponsored I-134?  Income ok?

 

Calm down, see what the Q is then you can address it with more docs.

 

There are certain STOP signs like

Walsh act - crime against minor

Prior misrepresentation

Deportation

J1 2 year ban etc.

 

 


=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JFH said:

OK, you confused everyone by saying “we have been away from one another for 3 years”. Implies you have not spent a minute together in a 3-year period. If you mean you have been living in separate countries for three years (but with occasional or frequent visits), welcome to the club. Almost all of us go through that. My husband and I had been married over two years before we could live together. It’s hard but it’s survivable. 

 

Yes, you are in administrative processing now. But until it’s approved, it’s not approved. 

I understand that it is not approved until it is approved but I do not appreciate people automatically assuming that it is not approved. Also I do appreciate negativity when I am seeking advice and help. 

 

I apologize for being misleading but I thought everyone in this group is in the same situation or has been in the past and would understand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, flfreddy said:

All calm down.    The rules are to proof a bonafide relationship.   If you have visited many times, there shd be photos, air tickets etc.  What was the initial 221g asking for?

 

Were you ever involved in domestic violence issues?

Were there any other criminal incidents that need certified documents?

Was any form not properly filled or had error?

How many times have you filed K1 or married or sponsored I-134?  Income ok?

 

Calm down, see what the Q is then you can address it with more docs.

 

There are certain STOP signs like

Walsh act - crime against minor

Prior misrepresentation

Deportation

J1 2 year ban etc.

 

 

Yes I have all of that evidence but the consoler said she did not need it yet.

 

My ex filed a false civil protection order out on me but it ended in 2015.

I submitted certified copies of my OVI.

All documents were filled out properly. 

This is my first time filing a K1 or Affidavit of Support. 

I have 2 children and make over $52,000 a year.

 

Thank you for your kindness! It is truly appreciated!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Michelle Allen said:

Yes I have all of that evidence but the consoler said she did not need it yet.

 

My ex filed a false civil protection order out on me but it ended in 2015.

I submitted certified copies of my OVI.

All documents were filled out properly. 

This is my first time filing a K1 or Affidavit of Support. 

I have 2 children and make over $52,000 a year.

 

Thank you for your kindness! It is truly appreciated!!!

Oh sorry...the blue 221g requested a divorce decree and an updated birth certificate which my fiance submitted yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Michelle Allen said:

Oh sorry...the blue 221g requested a divorce decree and an updated birth certificate which my fiance submitted yesterday. 

Just based on what you posted, the hints of concerns appear to be

a) prior husband and kid

b) income (job)

c) protection order against you

 

Assuming that you have to support 4 people, yourself, fiancee and 2 kids, I hope they dont just take $52K /4 and compute vs poverty level.

The divorce decree and birth cert should have been sent with I-129F or they just want to see the original.

 

Does fiancee have something not favorable? Age gap big? Culture different? Criminal event prior?  

 

Not taking the passport means not ready to issue visa I feel/  Wait for the request.  It could be just a simple doc missing.

 

Keep us posted.

 

 


=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michelle Allen said:

I thought the 221g white slip is administrative processing! Just because he has not gotten his visa does not mean that I do not go and visit him! 

 

This is a forum that is supposed to be for help and assisting others. It is extremely rude for you to make a statement like that when you know NOTHING about our love or situation! You should be so lucky to find a love that stands by your side for however long it takes to be together!

 

You are probably in a miserable relationship or alone and miserable and this is why you attempt to make others feel the way you do!

Yelling at people will not get you much mileage here.  If you want help, it is best to have an open mind about the feedback you receive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, flfreddy said:

Just based on what you posted, the hints of concerns appear to be

a) prior husband and kid

b) income (job)

c) protection order against you

 

Assuming that you have to support 4 people, yourself, fiancee and 2 kids, I hope they dont just take $52K /4 and compute vs poverty level.

The divorce decree and birth cert should have been sent with I-129F or they just want to see the original.

 

Does fiancee have something not favorable? Age gap big? Culture different? Criminal event prior?  

 

Not taking the passport means not ready to issue visa I feel/  Wait for the request.  It could be just a simple doc missing.

 

Keep us posted.

 

 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Michelle Allen said:

I understand that it is not approved until it is approved but I do not appreciate people automatically assuming that it is not approved.

But it is technically refused. INA 221(g) is a refusal. It's not a "hard" refusal as it can be overcome by providing necessary documents, or waiting for processing to complete.


Timelines:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago

9/27/17: received by USCIS

10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received

10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received

10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update)

1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed

1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received

1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice

10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice

10/25/18: Formal approval

10/31/18: Green card received

 

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/17: sent

12/14/17: NOA1 hard copy received

3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification)

3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved!

3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

 

NVC

4/6/2017: Received

4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy

4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy

4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

 

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...