Michelle Allen

221g white slip/Tunisia K1

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You have recd answers above from the most experienced members 

and none have judged you but explained what they have seen what immigration and/or MENA country embassies do

we went thru a K1 before doing the CR1 and I was there outside the embassy

when he got a white slip i went to the entrance window and asked what it meant

i was told the application would come back to the US and when application was reviewed here in US, it would be returned to embassy and approved.

That did not happen as a K1 returned to the US is left to die out

the following is a USCIS statement:

White Slip: A 221g White slip denotes requirement for further processing by the USCIS. The Consulate pushes back these kinds of cases to the USCIS and the decision is taken based on the information obtained from the USCIS.Feb 25, 2018

I am sorry that you go thru this as we all know it is heartbreaking but be prepared to return to Tunisia for marriage and a CR1

many here have had to do this

and yes,  it gets expensive 

There are many things to do to help if you have to do the CR1

1.   when in Tunisia get a POA from him so you can complete tax returns and add to a bank account

2.    Add him to tax returns by filling out the W7 form (also send a copy of the POA to IRS when doing this) This requires a paper tax return as the Internet sites don't know about the form

3.   When his ITIN comes from IRS,   take it and POA to bank and add to your checking / some banks say they can't but federal banking laws do allow it unless the person is suspect of money laundering

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/ask-cfpb/can-i-get-a-checking-account-without-a-social-security-number-en-929/

He will not be allowed a debit card till present in the US but adding him is strong proof of commingling of finances

4.  add him to one of your utility bills 

the above may seem extreme measures and are not usually required until AOS (here after marriage) or ROC to remove conditions of conditional green card

but for us in MENA countries,  we need to go above and beyond the normal to get a visa .   i know this as i had to do it and it took me 6 years to be appoved

not saying that long for you

not saying all this as a discouragement

not saying to tell you not to go on with the process

just the plain and simple honest truth about OUR MENA COUNTRIES and the BS we have to go thru to be together

incha allah  all will go well for you 2 in the future

4. also add him with the ITIN to a charge card or 

11 hours ago, flfreddy said:

All calm down.    The rules are to proof a bonafide relationship.   If you have visited many times, there shd be photos, air tickets etc.  What was the initial 221g asking for?

But did she provide evidence of the visits? That’s the big question. The fiancé didn’t even have her divorce decree when he went to the interview so heck knows what other documents/evidence were not included or missed along the way...

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I should have added that the stats are out for approvals and in june only 6 K1's and inJuly only 5 K1's were approved in Tunisia 

that is how difficult the embassy is

you can check yourself on the following site::

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/nonimmigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-nonimmigrant-visa-issuances.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
2 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

You have recd answers above from the most experienced members 

and none have judged you but explained what they have seen what immigration and/or MENA country embassies do

we went thru a K1 before doing the CR1 and I was there outside the embassy

when he got a white slip i went to the entrance window and asked what it meant

i was told the application would come back to the US and when application was reviewed here in US, it would be returned to embassy and approved.

That did not happen as a K1 returned to the US is left to die out

the following is a USCIS statement:

White Slip: A 221g White slip denotes requirement for further processing by the USCIS. The Consulate pushes back these kinds of cases to the USCIS and the decision is taken based on the information obtained from the USCIS.Feb 25, 2018

I am sorry that you go thru this as we all know it is heartbreaking but be prepared to return to Tunisia for marriage and a CR1

many here have had to do this

and yes,  it gets expensive 

There are many things to do to help if you have to do the CR1

1.   when in Tunisia get a POA from him so you can complete tax returns and add to a bank account

2.    Add him to tax returns by filling out the W7 form (also send a copy of the POA to IRS when doing this) This requires a paper tax return as the Internet sites don't know about the form

3.   When his ITIN comes from IRS,   take it and POA to bank and add to your checking / some banks say they can't but federal banking laws do allow it unless the person is suspect of money laundering

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/ask-cfpb/can-i-get-a-checking-account-without-a-social-security-number-en-929/

He will not be allowed a debit card till present in the US but adding him is strong proof of commingling of finances

4.  add him to one of your utility bills 

the above may seem extreme measures and are not usually required until AOS (here after marriage) or ROC to remove conditions of conditional green card

but for us in MENA countries,  we need to go above and beyond the normal to get a visa .   i know this as i had to do it and it took me 6 years to be appoved

not saying that long for you

not saying all this as a discouragement

not saying to tell you not to go on with the process

just the plain and simple honest truth about OUR MENA COUNTRIES and the BS we have to go thru to be together

incha allah  all will go well for you 2 in the future

4. also add him with the ITIN to a charge card or 

Thank you so very much I truly appreciate it! All I can do right now is expect the worst and hope for the best!!!

Timeline
2 hours ago, JFH said:

But did she provide evidence of the visits? That’s the big question. The fiancé didn’t even have her divorce decree when he went to the interview so heck knows what other documents/evidence were not included or missed along the way...

Are situation is very complicated! Yes he had lots of evidence, Skype, messenger, photos, receipts, plane tickets, and etc. Yes he had my birth certificate and divorce decree prior to the interview. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

I should have added that the stats are out for approvals and in june only 6 K1's and inJuly only 5 K1's were approved in Tunisia 

that is how difficult the embassy is

you can check yourself on the following site::

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/nonimmigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-nonimmigrant-visa-issuances.html

Thank you 

Hi there. I’m in Ohio too. Reach out too this lady and she will help you. She’s our rep from Ohio that deals with immigration. She can look into your case 

Ellen_Kinker@portman.senate.gov 

google her, she’s amazing. Hope this helps !! 

Timeline
17 hours ago, Michelle Allen said:

I thought the 221g white slip is administrative processing! Just because he has not gotten his visa does not mean that I do not go and visit him! 

This is a forum that is supposed to be for help and assisting others. It is extremely rude for you to make a statement like that when you know NOTHING about our love or situation! You should be so lucky to find a love that stands by your side for however long it takes to be together!

You are probably in a miserable relationship or alone and miserable and this is why you attempt to make others feel the way you do!

Edited by steveblue
edit

Timeline
On 9/18/2019 at 3:33 PM, AMB said:

It’s same with me ur gonna receive many questions on email about ur background history,, don’t worry,, im still waiting 

Thank You!!!

Timeline
23 hours ago, AhmednDanyal said:

Hi there. I’m in Ohio too. Reach out too this lady and she will help you. She’s our rep from Ohio that deals with immigration. She can look into your case 

Ellen_Kinker@portman.senate.gov 

google her, she’s amazing. Hope this helps !! 

Thank you! I did already and our case was updated today! Ellen has been involved in our case since day 1.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.