JonoB

How long does NVC take to review resubmitted documents?

593 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, more00 said:

Yes thank you very much I did resubmitted on 28 May 

Hey, just wanted to update you with a data point that my wife's case was Documentarily Qualified today(after resubmitting documents May 24). So their timeline for processing with the error they described to me was relatively accurate. Wishing the best for you and your case as well!

Edited by Thelonious

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, Thelonious said:

Hey, just wanted to update you with a data point that my wife's case was Documentarily Qualified today(after resubmitting documents May 24). So their timeline for processing with the error they described to me was relatively accurate. Wishing the best for you and your case as well!

That’s good we thank God hopefully they will get back to me I did resubmitted on 28 May

I resubmitted June 10 so I'm still in the window of the delayed cases :(
Is hoping to hear within two weeks realistic??

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/troubleshooting.html

image.png.1c4bfb2d33aeb24d58e5169210f34004.png

On 7/17/2021 at 5:14 PM, stuck_in_china said:

I also submitted on June 2nd. Still no word. Hopefully this week, eh? I'll post here when we hear...

Hoping you have received an update on yours?

Been stalking the NVC site for past few hours - as of 19 Jul they are up to 06 June...

It's like moving up just two days a week for past 3 weeks. Hoping things will pick up!

3 hours ago, Mmzn said:

Hoping you have received an update on yours?

Been stalking the NVC site for past few hours - as of 19 Jul they are up to 06 June...

It's like moving up just two days a week for past 3 weeks. Hoping things will pick up!

We were hoping to hear something back this week but I guess not. The process is painfully slow :( 

Has anyone noticed how slow NVC is going through cases now? Every week for this month they have only been going by every 2 days. The first of July they were looking at cases from june 2. 2nd week of July they were looking at cases of June 4 for this week of July they are looking at cases on June 6. 2 days every week. Does anyone think that's strange when every other months prior they were going through cases so fast. So why are they going through cases so slow this Time?  They can play all the games they want. I will get my atty and ill have him fiile a lawsuit against the NVC for delaying the petition process. And any of you can too. If your cases has been over a year then you can file a lawsuit against NVC. What it does is it gets you un-stuck from the NVC by having a federal judge look at your case. When the judge sees your case with the NVC for a long time then that judge will have NVC to continue the petition process without anymore delays. I hope I said that right  but you can get an.idea of what im trying to say. So yeah you can file a lawsuit against the NVC for delaying.the process of your petition.

Following. I resubmitted on 6/2. Still haven’t heard anything. Mind-numbingly frustrating that they are only processing 2 days’ worth of cases per WEEK. Hope it picks up soon… for everyone. That lack of productivity is unsustainable and causing a lot of hurt for a lot of families. 

Agreed— every day feels incredibly painful waiting on news. Initially our papers were submitted on 4/9 and reviewed 5/12 (pretty fast). We were rejected for a signature they thought was electronic. It wasn’t, and we lost now 2 months (and counting) arbitrarily. 

I feel like Bill Murray in groundhogs day waking up every morning to the same sad/desperate situation. 

the good news is we are going through Argentina which looks like it has a fairly low caseload (comparatively speaking) and it should be fairly brisk after we get through NVC based on the experiences of others. Of course, now that I said that everything will continue to go wrong.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
15 hours ago, John B 3 said:

Agreed— every day feels incredibly painful waiting on news. Initially our papers were submitted on 4/9 and reviewed 5/12 (pretty fast). We were rejected for a signature they thought was electronic. It wasn’t, and we lost now 2 months (and counting) arbitrarily. 

I feel like Bill Murray in groundhogs day waking up every morning to the same sad/desperate situation. 

the good news is we are going through Argentina which looks like it has a fairly low caseload (comparatively speaking) and it should be fairly brisk after we get through NVC based on the experiences of others. Of course, now that I said that everything will continue to go wrong.

Why not contact Nvc on an extensive follow up?

Yesterday we received the email from NVC saying that we are now documentarily qualified!

(We resubmitted on June 2nd). And that now they will work with the consulate in México for an interview date. They seem to have a long backlog of pending interviews, though. 

I hope everyone on this thread get your DQ soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.