JonoB

How long does NVC take to review resubmitted documents?

593 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/15/2021 at 4:48 PM, Ares92 said:

Yeah we did submit them immediately. But that was so arbitrary of them, feels like they could come up with some more random unrequired stuff in 80 days or so

Sorry for bumping this post again, but I had to do something similar. How much longer did you have to wait until DQ? I see mixed results on how long of a delay this may add to your original priority date.

My original submission was mid November. Submitted new docs Jan 7.

How long is everyone's delay? Is it true that your new priority date is the resubmission date?!

5 hours ago, Booey_US_CA said:

Sorry for bumping this post again, but I had to do something similar. How much longer did you have to wait until DQ? I see mixed results on how long of a delay this may add to your original priority date.

My original submission was mid November. Submitted new docs Jan 7.

How long is everyone's delay? Is it true that your new priority date is the resubmission date?!

Mine took 3 months, first submission was 25th July, and second submission was 5th October, got DQ on 7th January 2022.

It seems that the initial document date is disregarded once resubmission is required. The new document date begins the trigger for review. Within 3 months seems to be the review timeline. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 1/9/2022 at 10:34 AM, J.A.G 2016 said:

Mine took 3 months, first submission was 25th July, and second submission was 5th October, got DQ on 7th January 2022.

This was after an RFE though, right?  

I think what people are interested in is:  

If you submit on Date Y, important docs.  

You found out you need an optional doc "Other" category, and submit that on Date X.  

Does your review date depend on Date Y or Date X?  

I've heard if it's RFE, you are moved to the back of the line. But if you don't submit any required doc, and only submit optional/other docs, you keep your place.  

I'd love to get more feedback on this.  

I submitted I-864, civil docs, proof of income on October 20th. Someone said you have to submit a statement about why you don't have W2, I added that in December. 

6 hours ago, TedBrosby said:

You found out you need an optional doc "Other" category, and submit that on Date X.  

I've heard if it's RFE, you are moved to the back of the line. But if you don't submit any required doc, and only submit optional/other docs, you keep your place.  

I submitted I-864, civil docs, proof of income on October 20th. Someone said you have to submit a statement about why you don't have W2, I added that in December. 

I think every answer you'll find here will be anecdotal, as there aren't any clear rules on submission dates.

Highly recommend phoning and asking which date to use for your estimate on time. After speaking to them for my own case, we were in the queue from our latest submission point, but we didnt ask about document type.

6 hours ago, TedBrosby said:

Initially submit documents to nvc on 25th July, and after nvc reviewed them on the 3rd October,they then asked for W2 for the joint sponsor although we submitted tax transcripts for both the petitioner and joint sponsorer. The W2 was uploaded under additional documents and we still had to wait another 3 months for dq.

I am not sure however, if u added a document before case review if that will change your place in line or it will be considered under your initial review date.

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.