JonoB

How long does NVC take to review resubmitted documents?

593 posts in this topic

On 10/4/2021 at 9:23 AM, Nana040607 said:

Wow over 74 days, this will take an eternity. Thank you. I will try to fix my timeline, still a little new to this site. Thanks

Have you heard back from NVC on the resubmission?

• 1 month later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

1Dec they send me email to submit some papers more, my financial requirement is not meet up, But it was good, they asked me to give co-sponsor, i have not anybody to take it, i called NVC office last Wednesday he check also, he also said why they are asking you? then he asked me to write a explanation letter with signed, and upload it, I did same time and very next day, they accepted my all documents Thanks God.

10 hours ago, Hassanraza said:

1Dec they send me email to submit some papers more, my financial requirement is not meet up, But it was good, they asked me to give co-sponsor, i have not anybody to take it, i called NVC office last Wednesday he check also, he also said why they are asking you? then he asked me to write a explanation letter with signed, and upload it, I did same time and very next day, they accepted my all documents Thanks God.

If your sponsor doesn't meet the financial requirements, and there is no joint sponsor,  why do you think you will get a visa?

14 hours ago, Hassanraza said:

Thank for posting, not sure how you managed to get you text this color, its tough to read.

Have you been Documentarily Qualified?

If you find my post helpful please hit the 🤍 heart icon and hit 'Like' or 'Thanks'.    

• 19 Jan 2021: Submit I-130 to Texas Lockbox
  • 06 Mar 2021: NOA1 from Nebraska Service Center
  • 24 May 2021: NOA2 Petition Approved
  • 08 Jul 2021: NVC - Submit IV + AOS Documents 
  • 03 Sep 2021: NVC - RFE for missing W2/1099 
  • 09 Sep 2021: NVC - Re-submit: 1099 Co-sponsor + explanation for petitioner missing W2
  • 08 Dec 2021: NVC - DQ (Documentarily Qualified)
  • 30 Dec 2021: NVC - Interview email (Interview on 13th Jan)
  • 13 Jan 2022: London Embassy - Interview; approved pending arrival of Medical results - case status 'Refused'
  • 14 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Administrative Processing'
  • 18 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Issued'
  • 20 Jan 2022: Passport with visa collected in person
  • 14 Feb 2022: Enter USA via Dulles, airport
  • 29 Apr 2022: Green Card received in Post

Timeline
15 hours ago, Hassanraza said:

1Dec they send me email to submit some papers more, my financial requirement is not meet up, But it was good, they asked me to give co-sponsor, I have not anybody to take it, i called NVC office last Wednesday he check also, he also said why they are asking you? then he asked me to write a explanation letter with signed, and upload it, I did same time and very next day, they accepted my all documents Thanks God.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

If your sponsor doesn't meet the financial requirements, and there is no joint sponsor,  why do you think you will get a visa?

It is meet up, 

NVC website is: $21,775 for 2 Persons.

My yearly record is below:

2018             $31,436.69

2019             $25,795.86

2020             $22,539.10

3 hours ago, Hassanraza said:

It is meet up, 

NVC website is: $21,775 for 2 Persons.

My yearly record is below:

2018             $31,436.69

2019             $25,795.86

2020             $22,539.10

That shows historic, not current income.  And, it is very borderline.  Good luck, but I would be surprised if they don't ask for a joint sponsor.

Anyway, it will be entirely up to the consular officer, not NVC.

Edited by Jorgedig

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

That shows historic, not current income.  And, it is very borderline.  Good luck, but I would be surprised if they don't ask for a joint sponsor.

Anyway, it will be entirely up to the consular officer, not NVC.

its recent 3 Years tax returns, and they accepted, during covid my office was closed, 

Edited by Hassanraza

3 minutes ago, Hassanraza said:

its 3 Years tax returns, and they accepted, during covid my office was closed 

I don't think you quite understand this process.

NVC does not make decisions on visas.  They have 'accepted' your documents, but the ultimate decision will come during the interview.  It's great that you are confident about your financial situation, but tax returns only show past income, and the eligibility to sponsor an immigrant is based on current income.  What is your current income?

As well, your past income is marginal.  Be prepared for the consulate to ask for a joint sponsor.

Edited by Jorgedig

4 minutes ago, Hassanraza said:

its recent 3 Years tax returns, and they accepted, during covid my office was closed, 

You say they've accepted, which isn't the same as being documentarily qualified (DQ). They may have   marked your documents as accepted on th CEAC portal, but this is not the same as DQ. Have you had an email saying you are DQ? 

If you find my post helpful please hit the 🤍 heart icon and hit 'Like' or 'Thanks'.    

• 09 Sep 2021: NVC - Re-submit: 1099 Co-sponsor + explanation for petitioner missing W2
  • 13 Jan 2022: London Embassy - Interview; approved pending arrival of Medical results - case status 'Refused'

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I don't think you quite understand this process.

NVC does not make decisions on visas.  They have 'accepted' your documents, but the ultimate decision will come during the interview.  It's great that you are confident about your financial situation, but tax returns only show past income, and the eligibility to sponsor an immigrant is based on current income.  What is your current income?

As well, your past income is marginal.  Be prepared for the consulate to ask for a joint sponsor.

I have attached my Bank statement too its more than $30K, and I am doing job as well it will be more than $25 k this year. and I have own my Home too, attached its papers too, is it not enough???

Edited by Hassanraza

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Saqib-s said:

You say they've accepted, which isn't the same as being documentarily qualified (DQ). They may have   marked your documents as accepted on th CEAC portal, but this is not the same as DQ. Have you had an email saying you are DQ? 

YES

4 minutes ago, Hassanraza said:

YES

If you're DQ, then there's is nothing to worry about, the documents you provided have met the standard required. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Saqib-s said:

If you're DQ, then there's is nothing to worry about, the documents you provided have met the standard required. 

They will not ask to my husband during interview co-sponsor. 

8 hours ago, Saqib-s said:

Not correct.  COs still will ask for a joint sponsor if the totality of circumstances leads them to believe the immigrant may be at risk for becoming a public charge.

This is why having an income marginally above the FPL is not recommended. 

8 hours ago, Hassanraza said:

They will not ask to my husband during interview co-sponsor. 

They absolutely can ask for that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.