JonoB

How long does NVC take to review resubmitted documents?

593 posts in this topic

Hi there, 

I submitted my documents on June 6th. NVC asked me to resubmit the original birth certificate and the translation I resubmitted on July 21st but I resubmitted the document side ways can I edit it now after resubmission if so how to do that? or I have to wait months until they tell me to resubmit it again 🤪

Kasa,

yeah. If they don’t accept 10 documents or 1 document it doesn’t matter… you go to the back of the line. I had a signature rejected and lost about 2 months. Mind-numbingly frustrating, but it is what it is.  

I had something similar happen… there was a glitch where my document was accepted with a green check but the note next to it said rejected. My attorney said to just add the corrected document in the additional evidence section and then resubmit, noting the situation. 

fortunately, on the 1st of the month at midnight something reset and the document changed to a ‘rejected’ status, allowing me to replace it. I was ready to resubmit regardless with my attorneys guidance but it ended with my being able to do a straight swap. It seemed automated.

Edited by John B 3

. My lawyer advised me to re-submit docs as additional documents to avoid delays, yes. You will not even be in the queue until you re-submit everything. In other words, everyday that you don’t submit Is lost.

maybe you did not understand my question 

I submitted my green card documents to NVC on June 6th and they replied on July 21st that my translated birth certificate lacks a copy of the original document. I resubmitted the corrected document on the 21st of July.
I noticed I might have uploaded my corrected document sideways. Would that affect anything and reject my file?
What If I submit another copy of my birth certificate as an additional document now, just in case, would that reset my application and extend the review date? 

NVC does reject documents that are uploaded upside down/sideways, etc. If you resubmit before they review (even as additional docs) I believe it resets your place in line (and puts you in the back). I am not 100% sure on that but I have heard that and believe that is the case. 

and to be clear, you are submitting the docs to state for a CR-1 visa. USCIS handles the green card portion.

Guys I've  my interview in coming days but now the local consulate has sent me a mail stating that my birth certificate which is translated from my mother tongue language to english doesn't match. They have asked me to submit original birth certificate with english translation and told me to bring original documents to interview. Now the main concern for me is will they reject me or what will happen I've submitted original birth certificate as well as the translated one but they haven't checked till now, my interview is in this week now what shall i do? Shall i make a new birth certificate or what? The birth certificate i submitted before was accepted by nvc but now before my interview they mailed me stating translation is incorrect! Suggest me some ideas, I'll be grateful to each and every one of you guys! 

1 hour ago, Anish Bhattarai said:

Guys I've  my interview in coming days but now the local consulate has sent me a mail stating that my birth certificate which is translated from my mother tongue language to english doesn't match. They have asked me to submit original birth certificate with english translation and told me to bring original documents to interview. Now the main concern for me is will they reject me or what will happen I've submitted original birth certificate as well as the translated one but they haven't checked till now, my interview is in this week now what shall i do? Shall i make a new birth certificate or what? The birth certificate i submitted before was accepted by nvc but now before my interview they mailed me stating translation is incorrect! Suggest me some ideas, I'll be grateful to each and every one of you guys! 

Did they ask you to submit it on CEAC? Do you know why they said it is incorrect? 

From what I have heard if you are DQ’ed you don’t have to worry about any delays. 

Spoiler

My own N400:

• Feb 4: applied online
  • July 9: notice for biometrics 
  • August 3: biometrics done
  • October 1: notice for interview - online 
  • November 9: interview, approval recommendation, placed in line for oath ceremony 
  • November 22: notice for oath - online
  • December 8: oath ceremony 

My wife's case

Old Category: F21

Emailed NVC on Dec 18, 2021

New Category (on Dec 28, 2021): IR1

Application priority date (I 130): 03/23/2018

USCIS Approval: 08/09/2019

Welcome Letter: 10/15/2019

Submission to NVC: 02/03/2020

I-864 Rejected (minor error): 03/09/2020

Resubmission: 03/09/2020

DQ'ed: 06/19/2020 (100 days of second time)

Expedite Request NVC: 03/03/2022

Expedite Approval NVC: 03/04/2022 (15 hours)

Status Update: At NVC 03/04/2022

Expedited Approval Email: 03/08/2022

CEAC Update 2: In Transit 03/08/2022

CEAC Update 3: Ready 03/15/2022

CEAC Update 4: Ready 04/02/2022 (document uploaded)

CEAC Update 5: Ready 04/06/2022 

CEAC Update 6: Ready 04/07/2022

CEAC Update 7: Administrative Process 04/07/2022

CEAC Update 8: Issued 04/08/2022

Email from Embassy for scheduling an interview: 03/16/2022

Medical Exam: 03/25/2022

Interview (scheduled by applicant): 04/07/2022

Visa Issued: 04/08/2022

Visa Pickup: 04/11/2022

If the request comes from the Consulate they probably just want it in CEAC for reference and online availability.  NVC wouldn't review anything after DQ.  I think the Consulate is notifying you that this issue will be reviewed at the interview.  Just try to understand what they want, and submit whatever they requested to CEAC and take originals to the interview for review.

It's not totally clear from the post here but it sounds like maybe they have a question about the accuracy of the English translation.  Maybe have that reviewed, double triple check everything about that, and submit an updated translation.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

latest update to NVC time frames, it's moved 4 days instead of 1 or 2 is promising but not the jump most of us have been hoping I think. 

Current case review time: As of 16-AUG-2021, we are reviewing documents submitted to us on 15-JUN-2021

image of historic trend for you all. 

If you find my post helpful please hit the 🤍 heart icon and hit 'Like' or 'Thanks'.    

• 19 Jan 2021: Submit I-130 to Texas Lockbox
  • 06 Mar 2021: NOA1 from Nebraska Service Center
  • 24 May 2021: NOA2 Petition Approved
  • 08 Jul 2021: NVC - Submit IV + AOS Documents 
  • 03 Sep 2021: NVC - RFE for missing W2/1099 
  • 09 Sep 2021: NVC - Re-submit: 1099 Co-sponsor + explanation for petitioner missing W2
  • 08 Dec 2021: NVC - DQ (Documentarily Qualified)
  • 30 Dec 2021: NVC - Interview email (Interview on 13th Jan)
  • 13 Jan 2022: London Embassy - Interview; approved pending arrival of Medical results - case status 'Refused'
  • 14 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Administrative Processing'
  • 18 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Issued'
  • 20 Jan 2022: Passport with visa collected in person
  • 14 Feb 2022: Enter USA via Dulles, airport
  • 29 Apr 2022: Green Card received in Post

21 hours ago, top_secret said:

If the request comes from the Consulate they probably just want it in CEAC for reference and online availability.  NVC wouldn't review anything after DQ.  I think the Consulate is notifying you that this issue will be reviewed at the interview.  Just try to understand what they want, and submit whatever they requested to CEAC and take originals to the interview for review.

It's not totally clear from the post here but it sounds like maybe they have a question about the accuracy of the English translation.  Maybe have that reviewed, double triple check everything about that, and submit an updated translation.

Thanks for the advice! I also felt that they wanted an accurate English translation so i made the arrangements and submitted it and lastly they have asked me to bring original documents to the interview, i just hope everything will be fine🙌

22 hours ago, AKKH said:

Did they ask you to submit it on CEAC? Do you know why they said it is incorrect? 

From what I have heard if you are DQ’ed you don’t have to worry about any delays. 

Yes to the ceac. They felt that the translation that was done was false. 

3 hours ago, Anish Bhattarai said:

Thanks for the advice! I also felt that they wanted an accurate English translation so i made the arrangements and submitted it and lastly they have asked me to bring original documents to the interview, i just hope everything will be fine🙌

Yes to the ceac. They felt that the translation that was done was false. 

Hopefully you will be fine. Yes, take what you were asked & what you submitted to CEAC to the interview. Please update us when/if you can. 

Best of luck! 

Spoiler

My own N400:

• Feb 4: applied online
  • July 9: notice for biometrics 
  • August 3: biometrics done
  • October 1: notice for interview - online 
  • November 9: interview, approval recommendation, placed in line for oath ceremony 
  • November 22: notice for oath - online
  • December 8: oath ceremony 

My wife's case

Old Category: F21

Emailed NVC on Dec 18, 2021

New Category (on Dec 28, 2021): IR1

Application priority date (I 130): 03/23/2018

USCIS Approval: 08/09/2019

Welcome Letter: 10/15/2019

Submission to NVC: 02/03/2020

I-864 Rejected (minor error): 03/09/2020

Resubmission: 03/09/2020

DQ'ed: 06/19/2020 (100 days of second time)

Expedite Request NVC: 03/03/2022

Expedite Approval NVC: 03/04/2022 (15 hours)

Status Update: At NVC 03/04/2022

Expedited Approval Email: 03/08/2022

CEAC Update 2: In Transit 03/08/2022

CEAC Update 3: Ready 03/15/2022

CEAC Update 4: Ready 04/02/2022 (document uploaded)

CEAC Update 5: Ready 04/06/2022 

CEAC Update 6: Ready 04/07/2022

CEAC Update 7: Administrative Process 04/07/2022

CEAC Update 8: Issued 04/08/2022

Email from Embassy for scheduling an interview: 03/16/2022

Medical Exam: 03/25/2022

Interview (scheduled by applicant): 04/07/2022

Visa Issued: 04/08/2022

Visa Pickup: 04/11/2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.