JonoB

How long does NVC take to review resubmitted documents?

593 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I thought for Re-submitted docs, it’s different.. i know that link and it was pretty accurate for the first time around as I submitted in July2020. 

and for interview scheduling - i hope different category will have different priority. And you probably right- people are waiting for the interview since march2020. I heard , a lot of embassies started interviews already. 
hope Dhaka started already / will start soon too.

Edited by PRO2020

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
1 hour ago, PRO2020 said:

I thought for Re-submitted docs, it’s different.. i know that link and it was pretty accurate for the first time around as I submitted in July2020. 

and for interview scheduling - i hope different category will have different priority. And you probably right- people are waiting for the interview since march2020. I heard , a lot of embassies started interviews already. 
hope Dhaka started already / will start soon too.

Where are you getting that resubmitting docs is different?  

No embassy is interviewing IR5 already since visas can be issued.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

VISA CLASS: IR1

FOREIGN STATE OF CHARGABILITY: RUSSIA

INTERVIEW LOCATION: MOSCOW

PRIORITY DATE: 21-JUN-2019

I am the petitioner, US citizen, born and raised here. She is the beneficiary/principal, Russian citizen, my legal wife of 3 years, immigrating to the US.

I've read almost every page of this post thread before asking this question.

Finally got all the necessary tax forms, civil documents, paid all fees and the completed DS-260 uploaded and accepted on November 5th 2020, just a few weeks ago.

My big question is any idea how long before you might expect to get some sort of a reply with your interview date in Moscow Russia after all your requested documents are uploaded and accepted?

My Russian wife (married 3 years now) still living in Russia wants to come to the US again in January for a month and then return to Russia to prepare to immigrate to US if/when her visa is approved. I seem to recall that travel plans should not be made prior to the interview, but I don't recall the specifics. Is it that you should not make plans before your interview date is communicated, or after it is communicated?

If it will be several months before the interview date is communicated and then another 4-6 weeks later the interview is conducted, I would think it would be OK to bring her here 1 more time (3 previous visits) before the interview date is announced.

So my secondary question is are there any guidelines regarding the beneficiary's travel to visit with her US citizen spouse prior to the interview date being known?

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hi All.

Do we have to wait whole period for the one additional document to be approved. My all other documents are already approved and it shows "Approved" status on first page. I have updated 1 additional document as per the review note in message. All other documents shows "approved" Status only one additional document shows "Submitted".

I have Resubmitted twice, its so annoying.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Finally just got an interview date of 25Jan.  We had submitted to NVC in April and had a couple of extra documents to submit for our DQ date of 15June.  My wife is IR1 from Thailand.

On 12/11/2020 at 11:15 AM, Prajjwal said:

Hi All.

Do we have to wait whole period for the one additional document to be approved. My all other documents are already approved and it shows "Approved" status on first page. I have updated 1 additional document as per the review note in message. All other documents shows "approved" Status only one additional document shows "Submitted".

I have Resubmitted twice, its so annoying.

Yes, same happened for us, waited for a couple of months. That is really annoying. Sorry! Let’s see if yours would be approved faster! Who knows! 

Spoiler

My own N400:

• Feb 4: applied online
  • July 9: notice for biometrics 
  • August 3: biometrics done
  • October 1: notice for interview - online 
  • November 9: interview, approval recommendation, placed in line for oath ceremony 
  • November 22: notice for oath - online
  • December 8: oath ceremony 

My wife's case

Old Category: F21

Emailed NVC on Dec 18, 2021

New Category (on Dec 28, 2021): IR1

Application priority date (I 130): 03/23/2018

USCIS Approval: 08/09/2019

Welcome Letter: 10/15/2019

Submission to NVC: 02/03/2020

I-864 Rejected (minor error): 03/09/2020

Resubmission: 03/09/2020

DQ'ed: 06/19/2020 (100 days of second time)

Expedite Request NVC: 03/03/2022

Expedite Approval NVC: 03/04/2022 (15 hours)

Status Update: At NVC 03/04/2022

Expedited Approval Email: 03/08/2022

CEAC Update 2: In Transit 03/08/2022

CEAC Update 3: Ready 03/15/2022

CEAC Update 4: Ready 04/02/2022 (document uploaded)

CEAC Update 5: Ready 04/06/2022 

CEAC Update 6: Ready 04/07/2022

CEAC Update 7: Administrative Process 04/07/2022

CEAC Update 8: Issued 04/08/2022

Email from Embassy for scheduling an interview: 03/16/2022

Medical Exam: 03/25/2022

Interview (scheduled by applicant): 04/07/2022

Visa Issued: 04/08/2022

Visa Pickup: 04/11/2022

13 hours ago, Daron and Honey said:

Finally just got an interview date of 25Jan.  We had submitted to NVC in April and had a couple of extra documents to submit for our DQ date of 15June.  My wife is IR1 from Thailand.

Congratulations! 
Let us know how it goes! I wonder if the embassy was shutdown for a period of time or something. Because that is when we were DQed but our case is not IR. 

Spoiler

My own N400:

• Feb 4: applied online
  • July 9: notice for biometrics 
  • August 3: biometrics done
  • October 1: notice for interview - online 
  • November 9: interview, approval recommendation, placed in line for oath ceremony 
  • November 22: notice for oath - online
  • December 8: oath ceremony 

My wife's case

Old Category: F21

Emailed NVC on Dec 18, 2021

New Category (on Dec 28, 2021): IR1

Application priority date (I 130): 03/23/2018

USCIS Approval: 08/09/2019

Welcome Letter: 10/15/2019

Submission to NVC: 02/03/2020

I-864 Rejected (minor error): 03/09/2020

Resubmission: 03/09/2020

DQ'ed: 06/19/2020 (100 days of second time)

Expedite Request NVC: 03/03/2022

Expedite Approval NVC: 03/04/2022 (15 hours)

Status Update: At NVC 03/04/2022

Expedited Approval Email: 03/08/2022

CEAC Update 2: In Transit 03/08/2022

CEAC Update 3: Ready 03/15/2022

CEAC Update 4: Ready 04/02/2022 (document uploaded)

CEAC Update 5: Ready 04/06/2022 

CEAC Update 6: Ready 04/07/2022

CEAC Update 7: Administrative Process 04/07/2022

CEAC Update 8: Issued 04/08/2022

Email from Embassy for scheduling an interview: 03/16/2022

Medical Exam: 03/25/2022

Interview (scheduled by applicant): 04/07/2022

Visa Issued: 04/08/2022

Visa Pickup: 04/11/2022

On 12/19/2020 at 7:10 AM, Anish Bhattarai said:

We got the email stating dq in march but our interview date is not given till now! How many days will nvc take to give out the interview date? 

F4 visa category is banned until end of this month, assuming the ban is not extended.  There will be no F4 interviews scheduled until the ban has been lifted.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, iza25 said:

Hi! Anybody with F2B visa category here? We have been dq'd last June 8th. Anyone here who already got their interview schedule and medical schedule? I hope they start processing the interviews by early next year.  Happy Holidays!

Got Dq’d last Feb. No interview sched yet. I am hoping early next year once the ban is lifted this december. 

1 hour ago, iza25 said:

Anybody with F2B visa category here? We have been dq'd last June 8th. Anyone here who already got their interview schedule and medical schedule?

The Department of State will not be scheduling any F2B (or other banned visa category) cases until after Dec 31st, assuming the ban is not extended.

Just now, iza25 said:

@Chancy Thanks for this. So it's also safe not to take the medical yet as there is only a few months validity to that right? 

Yes.  Don't do your medical until you have a confirmed interview schedule.  Your visa expiry date will be based on the date of your medical (usually 6 months out).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.