JonoB

How long does NVC take to review resubmitted documents?

593 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Honduras
Timeline

So I submitted all documents to NVC on July 15th (For IR2 Visa) and got an email on September 20th that one document was rejected. I resubmitted the document the following day on September 21st. What is the estimate wait time to hear from them again? Will I have to wait another 2 months? It's a very stressful situation 😣

18 minutes ago, Nana040607 said:

So I submitted all documents to NVC on July 15th (For IR2 Visa) and got an email on September 20th that one document was rejected. I resubmitted the document the following day on September 21st. What is the estimate wait time to hear from them again? Will I have to wait another 2 months? It's a very stressful situation 😣

Each time you click submit that becomes your new submission date and you go to the back of the queue, it doesn't matter when you originally submitted. Your submission date is now 21st Sep, NVC official timeframe is over 74 days to review. 

Oh and please fill in your timeline/profile on here, it helps everyone else when they see your posts etc. 

Edited by Saqib-s
add req to fill in timeline

If you find my post helpful please hit the 🤍 heart icon and hit 'Like' or 'Thanks'.    

• 19 Jan 2021: Submit I-130 to Texas Lockbox
  • 06 Mar 2021: NOA1 from Nebraska Service Center
  • 24 May 2021: NOA2 Petition Approved
  • 08 Jul 2021: NVC - Submit IV + AOS Documents 
  • 03 Sep 2021: NVC - RFE for missing W2/1099 
  • 09 Sep 2021: NVC - Re-submit: 1099 Co-sponsor + explanation for petitioner missing W2
  • 08 Dec 2021: NVC - DQ (Documentarily Qualified)
  • 30 Dec 2021: NVC - Interview email (Interview on 13th Jan)
  • 13 Jan 2022: London Embassy - Interview; approved pending arrival of Medical results - case status 'Refused'
  • 14 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Administrative Processing'
  • 18 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Issued'
  • 20 Jan 2022: Passport with visa collected in person
  • 14 Feb 2022: Enter USA via Dulles, airport
  • 29 Apr 2022: Green Card received in Post

Filed: IR-2 Country: Honduras
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Saqib-s said:

Each time you click submit that becomes your new submission date and you go to the back of the queue, it doesn't matter when you originally submitted. Your submission date is now 21st Sep, NVC official timeframe is over 74 days to review. 

Oh and please fill in your timeline/profile on here, it helps everyone else when they see your posts etc. 

Wow over 74 days, this will take an eternity. Thank you. I will try to fix my timeline, still a little new to this site. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning everyone.

I ended up here after searching for answers on Google, but I haven’t found specific answers yet.

So, the NVC didn’t reject any documents yet, but they asked my wife, the petitioner, to send additional tax documents. However it was clearly stated in the rules that those documents weren’t actually required (unless her income was under or by the poverty line, but that was far from being the case).

Do you think I could reach out to the NVC to point out that the additional documents they requested weren’t actually required and there might have been a mistake on their side? It would be quite annoying to go back in waiting line for something like that.

Thank you in advance for your help.

3 minutes ago, Ares92 said:

Good morning everyone.

I ended up here after searching for answers on Google, but I haven’t found specific answers yet.

So, the NVC didn’t reject any documents yet, but they asked my wife, the petitioner, to send additional tax documents. However it was clearly stated in the rules that those documents weren’t actually required (unless her income was under or by the poverty line, but that was far from being the case).

Do you think I could reach out to the NVC to point out that the additional documents they requested weren’t actually required and there might have been a mistake on their side? It would be quite annoying to go back in waiting line for something like that.

out of curiosity, what were the additional tax documents they requested?  

4 minutes ago, Ares92 said:

Good morning everyone.

give us some context, which additional documents did they ask for, what did oyu submit, is your wife the only sponsor? etc. 

You could try calling the NVC and if you manage to get a hold of someone explain the situation and if there is a mistake you 'might' get a supervisory review, but chances are you'll need to submit whatever they are asking for and or a statement explaining why you can't submit said document and think you're exempt and wait the 80~ days for review. 

If you find my post helpful please hit the 🤍 heart icon and hit 'Like' or 'Thanks'.    

• 09 Sep 2021: NVC - Re-submit: 1099 Co-sponsor + explanation for petitioner missing W2
  • 13 Jan 2022: London Embassy - Interview; approved pending arrival of Medical results - case status 'Refused'

2 hours ago, Saqib-s said:

give us some context, which additional documents did they ask for, what did oyu submit, is your wife the only sponsor? etc. 

You could try calling the NVC and if you manage to get a hold of someone explain the situation and if there is a mistake you 'might' get a supervisory review, but chances are you'll need to submit whatever they are asking for and or a statement explaining why you can't submit said document and think you're exempt and wait the 80~ days for review. 

W-2/1099s

edit: the document that was sent over was her tax transcript and yes, she is my only sponsor

Edited by Ares92

2 minutes ago, Ares92 said:

W-2/1099s

and out of curiosity why is it that you think you don't need to submit these? 

1 hour ago, Saqib-s said:

and out of curiosity why is it that you think you don't need to submit these? 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents.html On this page, under the section “Evidence of income” it’s stated that if you are below or by povery line you shall send additional evidence of income. If you aren’t below poverty line, reading line above, says that only an IRS tax transcript is required. IRS tax transcript was indeed sent and also approved by NVC

7 minutes ago, Ares92 said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents.html On this page, under the section “Evidence of income” it’s stated that if you are below or by povery line you shall send additional evidence of income. If you aren’t below poverty line, reading line above, says that only an IRS tax transcript is required. IRS tax transcript was indeed sent and also approved by NVC

Resubmit as soon as you can to get back in line. The NVC is a monolithic organization that rarely makes exceptions. 

Your wife is being asked for those additional documents for further verification of her income sources. Submit them and then you can try to fight, but for every day you don’t you will be met with another day you’ll have to wait. 

5 minutes ago, Ares92 said:

Yeah we did submit them immediately. But that was so arbitrary of them, feels like they could come up with some more random unrequired stuff in 80 days or so

100%… many of the processes are just dumbfounding if the idea is to be efficient as possible… I guess it’s not.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, Ares92 said:

Yeah we did submit them immediately. But that was so arbitrary of them, feels like they could come up with some more random unrequired stuff in 80 days or so

Enjoy the process.  I have just resubmitted for the third time.  Every time they find one other little detail which they didn't think of asking for the previous time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 10/15/2021 at 2:51 PM, Ares92 said:

W-2/1099s

edit: the document that was sent over was her tax transcript and yes, she is my only sponsor

Is it possible you sent the wrong tax transcript?  It should be the Tax Return Transcript.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.