Boiler

Women’s magazines are more progressive than ever – and they’re all closing down

127 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

So you are saying it is all about image, and actual political position means nothing?   

It means based on 40 years of actions, we can look past what he says sometimes and also base our opinions on the things he has done. You know, just like you said about Hillary.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

It means based on 40 years of actions, we can look past what he says sometimes and also base our opinions on the things he has done. You know, just like you said about Hillary.

I do agree that with a long history informed voters have a rich amount of information with which to make a decision.  But that is how the biased media comes back into play as they can decide what history to promote or highlight and for some reason the Leftist media tends to ignore the negative history from those candidates with a “D” next to their name.  Luckily we now have many more sources of information much to President Obama’s disappointment.

Edited by Bill & Katya

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, laylalex said:

Well, it's a good thing the Democratic candidate is selected by (mostly) Democratic voters! Nice to hear what others have to say, of course, but ultimately it will come down to what both candidates have to offer. Personally, I can't see for me how Trump could ever get my vote. Some of what some of the Democratic candidates is saying is not to my liking, too far out there. But conservatives should realize that a lot of what Trump and the Republicans embrace and promote as policies looks really out there and radical to liberals/progressives/etc. No one side has a lockdown on centrism. What may look like centrism or radicalism to you will appear otherwise to someone else, someone who may be just as commonsense as you believe yourself to be.

Also, it's not right to say that all the so-called "centrists" have left the race. Who has left so far? Inslee, Hickenlooper, Moulton, Swalwell and Gillibrand. In my opinion, Inslee should have stayed in. But I doubt many Republicans would call Inslee a centrist. Gillibrand's not a centrist. Moulton -- I had to look up that he was even in the race! So you're really only talking about Hickenlooper, and maybe Swalwell (again, doubt he could be called a centrist). Bennet's still in, Bullock's still in, Delaney's still in, Ryan's still in. 

As in 2016, you might have Democrats not voting at all. It's a lot less likely that you will have Democrats voting for Trump. 

I don't see much of Trumps platform that is going to change an appreciable number of voter's minds one way or the other from last time. Is he going to pull Democrats in on national security? On immigration? Nope. Is he going to lose conservatives on those issues? Also no. If there is a big swing in votes, it will be on the economy, and it will ultimately come down to the the same few states as last time. Every thing else ATM is basically window dressing at a dog and pony show.

1 minute ago, Bill & Katya said:

I do agree that with a long history informed voters have a rich amount of information with which to make a decision.  But that is how the biased media comes back into play as they can decide what history to promote or highlight and for some reason the Leftist media tends to ignore the negative history from those candidates with a “D” next to their name.  Luckily we now have many more sources of information much to President Obama’s disappointment.

I hope you don't really need an answer for why the left wing media doesn't like Trump. I mean just looking at the dynamics between them, Trump doesn't like them either.  

3 hours ago, laylalex said:

Well, it's a good thing the Democratic candidate is selected by (mostly) Democratic voters! Nice to hear what others have to say, of course, but ultimately it will come down to what both candidates have to offer. Personally, I can't see for me how Trump could ever get my vote. Some of what some of the Democratic candidates is saying is not to my liking, too far out there. But conservatives should realize that a lot of what Trump and the Republicans embrace and promote as policies looks really out there and radical to liberals/progressives/etc. No one side has a lockdown on centrism. What may look like centrism or radicalism to you will appear otherwise to someone else, someone who may be just as commonsense as you believe yourself to be.

Also, it's not right to say that all the so-called "centrists" have left the race. Who has left so far? Inslee, Hickenlooper, Moulton, Swalwell and Gillibrand. In my opinion, Inslee should have stayed in. But I doubt many Republicans would call Inslee a centrist. Gillibrand's not a centrist. Moulton -- I had to look up that he was even in the race! So you're really only talking about Hickenlooper, and maybe Swalwell (again, doubt he could be called a centrist). Bennet's still in, Bullock's still in, Delaney's still in, Ryan's still in. 

Which of Trumps policies do you dislike. I admit he is a crass tool, but one of the more moderate republicans in my life. I really cant find anything below objectionable other than JBT (just because its Trump) TDS is no longer acceptable after several years 

He is for fair trade

Against open Borders

Strong economic policies that encourage business and brings jobs back on shore

Strong against our enemies but not quick to retaliate and escalate 

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

I hope you don't really need an answer for why the left wing media doesn't like Trump. I mean just looking at the dynamics between them, Trump doesn't like them either.  

No answer is needed, Trump has an “R” next to his name, so he is fair game. Sure, he may initiate some of the relationship, but the lion’s share of his Tweeting is responses to what they print.  Heck, we went through two plus years investigating a collusion narrative the press and Democrats created based on information the Dems got through colluding with foreign entities including the Russians.

1 minute ago, Bill & Katya said:

No answer is needed, Trump has an “R” next to his name, so he is fair game. Sure, he may initiate some of the relationship, but the lion’s share of his Tweeting is responses to what they print.  Heck, we went through two plus years investigating a collusion narrative the press and Democrats created based on information the Dems got through colluding with foreign entities including the Russians.

Remember when they use to hate W Bush with a passion, until it became cool to like when the family started dissing trump

3 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Generally that happens. It happened with FOX and Obama too. It happened with Bush and CNN. Hope you haven't forgotten that. If we have partisan media sources, we can probably expect some animosity. Trump certainly isn't helping himself out one iota. I'm not really sure to what degree a president can make things better with hostile media. Probably very little. Bush and Obama didn't go out of their way to antagonize media members and they still got it. They can make it worse though. Trump has shown us how much worse they can make it for themselves. 

Filed: Timeline
Just now, Steeleballz said:

You are correct.  Biden, Warren, Sanders, and several others have been in politics for 40+ years, and Trump has done more for America, and likely kept more of his promises, than any 2-3 of them.  That's what I am remembering going forward (even though i thought his running was a clown stunt in the beginning).

Just now, ALFKAD said:

You are correct.  Biden, Warren, Sanders, and several others have been in politics for 40+ years, and Trump has done more for America, and likely kept more of his promises, than any 2-3 of them.  That's what I am remembering going forward (even though i thought his running was a clown stunt in the beginning).

Certainly an acceptable approach. Works better when you agree with a candidates positions though. If things continue, I may just stay home on election day. Too early to tell though.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Generally that happens. It happened with FOX and Obama too. It happened with Bush and CNN. Hope you haven't forgotten that. If we have partisan media sources, we can probably expect some animosity. Trump certainly isn't helping himself out one iota. I'm not really sure to what degree a president can make things better with hostile media. Probably very little. Bush and Obama didn't go out of their way to antagonize media members and they still got it. They can make it worse though. Trump has shown us how much worse they can make it for themselves. 

Of course there was Fox, and President Obama had many similar battles with them like President Trump has with the Leftist media.  Of course the leftist media is much more entrenched than the new kid on the block Fox, but even they (NYTimes) are really showing they are truly political hacks.  Reference Justice Kavanaugh.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
11 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

don’t forget about the superdelegates.

All are pre-committed to the surprise nominee, Felonia Milhous von Pantsuit.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-5 Country: England
Timeline
On 9/15/2019 at 1:07 PM, laylalex said:

people ARE allowed to evolve

I keep hearing this about Warren, and often about Biden as well. "Oh they changed their mind, it's because they evolved, aren't they so intellectual?"

But when someone on the right does it, you scream that they're weak, indecisive, and pandering.

(To stay on the current topic) You liberals really do like your donut and eat it too.

-

“He’s in there fighting,” the president said. “Boris knows how to win.”

3 hours ago, Boris Farage said:

(To stay on the current topic) You liberals really do like your donut and eat it too.

Admit it: you just want some of my donut. :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Admit it: you just want some of my donut. :P

Does that mean what I think it might 🤔

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”