Boiler

Women’s magazines are more progressive than ever – and they’re all closing down

127 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

You didn't have to ask. I already tapped out.

Okay, I searched and now I am really confused. Something involving cheese and Doritos and Juicy Couture? 

2 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Okay, I searched and now I am really confused. Something involving cheese and Doritos and Juicy Couture? 

Did you search the VJ forum or google. The forum search in the top right comes up with all the CABA references for me. Well another hint - CABA is an acronym for Canada America Britain Australia. Or possibly Canada Australia Britain America.

OK, good luck!!

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

3 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Did you search the VJ forum or google. The forum search in the top right comes up with all the CABA references for me. Well another hint - CABA is an acronym for Canada America Britain Australia. Or possibly Canada Australia Britain America.

OK, good luck!!

Yeah, I used the one in the top right corner. There is a LOT there!!! I am browsing through all of it. I take it I am a CABA then if I read the context correctly. :lol: I don't own any Juicy Couture though. :P 

Busy afternoon here, field trip to San Rafael for work, so I guess I'll need to do more background on CABA tonight. Thanks @Steeleballz

57 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Yeah, I used the one in the top right corner. There is a LOT there!!! I am browsing through all of it. I take it I am a CABA then if I read the context correctly. :lol: I don't own any Juicy Couture though. :P 

Busy afternoon here, field trip to San Rafael for work, so I guess I'll need to do more background on CABA tonight. Thanks @Steeleballz

Indeed!

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

5 hours ago, laylalex said:

What's CABA code?

By god you made your first post without talking about your ex or fiancee. Congrats 

If you got to ask, you

2 hours ago, laylalex said:

Yes the sad face!!!!! I need to know now! 😭

Image result for orange she devil cheetos

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, laylalex said:

You are about as CABA as is humanly possible.

5 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

I am sort of seeing that might not be exactly a compliment. 😕 But I was reading how some of the CABA women reappropriated it for themselves and wore it as a badge of honor, so.... maybe it could a compliment if I fully owned it? 

However, I definitely CAN cook with things other than Cheetos. Tonight I have a lemon-tarragon chicken in the oven, should be ready soon. Fingerling potatoes and a kale and feta salad. None of these recipes was from a women's magazine though (the chicken is from a Delia Smith cookbook and the salad I think is from the Food Network) -- so... bringing it back to topic. (Phew!)

Filed: Timeline
18 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I am sort of seeing that might not be exactly a compliment. 😕 But I was reading how some of the CABA women reappropriated it for themselves and wore it as a badge of honor, so.... maybe it could a compliment if I fully owned it? 

However, I definitely CAN cook with things other than Cheetos. Tonight I have a lemon-tarragon chicken in the oven, should be ready soon. Fingerling potatoes and a kale and feta salad. None of these recipes was from a women's magazine though (the chicken is from a Delia Smith cookbook and the salad I think is from the Food Network) -- so... bringing it back to topic. (Phew!)

If you're pronouncing kale with the silent "k", then it sounds yummy!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Everyone but moi got "like" points consequent to the CABA reference.  Hmmmph, man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

7 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Everyone but moi got "like" points consequent to the CABA reference.  Hmmmph, man.

Here's a "haha" if that helps. :innocent:

On 9/13/2019 at 5:33 PM, ALFKAD said:

She only needs to organize off site groups to agenda report for absurd reasons, those that have encountered their rath. What was even sadder is the Moderation team that went right along with it 

14 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Wel take action then my man.

4 Best Online Comedy Courses

https://www.onlinecoursesreview.org/comedy/

1 minute ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

She only needs to organize off site groups to agenda report for absurd reasons, those that have encountered their rath. What was even sadder is the Moderation team that went right along with it 

Well, considering there have only been three people (four?) I have corresponded with on here so far, I think that's probably unlikely. Also, I'm not on social media at the moment due to privacy concerns. I'd say what THAT was related to but you've already mentioned that you don't want me to invoke that person if at all possible so I won't risk your... "rath." :P 

I was able to do a little more reading on CABAs today (great use of my time at work, I know) and I don't think I *quite* fit the stereotype. I don't sit around all day watching TV, I have a job; I don't eat bonbons and Cheetos and Doritos; and I think the last time I had anything from Juicy Couture I was in high school. But I am American (obviously), I am divorced and believe in women's rights so... maybe I'm a CABA? I guess it's one of those titles that seeks you rather than you seeking it so... huh.

1 minute ago, laylalex said:

Well, considering there have only been three people (four?) I have corresponded with on here so far, I think that's probably unlikely. Also, I'm not on social media at the moment due to privacy concerns. I'd say what THAT was related to but you've already mentioned that you don't want me to invoke that person if at all possible so I won't risk your... "rath." :P 

I was able to do a little more reading on CABAs today (great use of my time at work, I know) and I don't think I *quite* fit the stereotype. I don't sit around all day watching TV, I have a job; I don't eat bonbons and Cheetos and Doritos; and I think the last time I had anything from Juicy Couture I was in high school. But I am American (obviously), I am divorced and believe in women's rights so... maybe I'm a CABA? I guess it's one of those titles that seeks you rather than you seeking it so... huh.

I don't think you have it in you.  Not sure you have the venom glands  for it.. 

Not suggesting you would agenda report, just reporting what use to happen. I didn't like it then and I dont like it now.

That's why my nick name for years has been the Middle of the road guy 

Image result for middle of the road

6 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I don't think you have it in you.  Not sure you have the venom glands  for it.. 

Not suggesting you would agenda report, just reporting what use to happen. I didn't like it then and I dont like it now.

That's why my nick name for years has been the Middle of the road guy 

Image result for middle of the road

Honestly, I didn't even know it was possible to report! But now of course I see the "report post" button, duh. Thank you for thinking I'm not venomous -- I try not to be! It's not that I don't feel vindictiveness from time to time, but believe me, those feeling are saved for people in real life, not on the internets.

I'm not middle of the road, I'm aware I am slightly to the left. But I'm no AOC to be sure. What I do have is a sense of fairness that I look to to guide how I approach life. If people are acting fairly, considering multiple points of view, treating others with respect, even if ultimately we don't agree, I can respect that. What I don't like is people who just post what are supposed to be "pithy" one liners -- either on the right OR the left -- that don't consider the substance. Now, I may be guilty of breaking that from time to time, I'm not perfect (as can be seen from some recent "drinking while posting" posts :innocent: ) but I try to be reasonable, and I try to read what people I don't necessarily agree with are saying.