Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

Congrats to all of you!   We guess we may be the last ones in this discussion that will get stuck with not having anything happen for a while.  YAY FLORIDA! :( 

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, stephbd said:

My status was updated last Monday (14) and I waited “patiently” (lol right) for a week. This Monday morning I called USCIS to ask if they could provide me with the date and time, since it’s been a week and I haven’t received anything. The tier 1 officer was super nice and said that the mail can take up to two weeks to get to me but would still get a tier 2 officer to call me back with the info.

a couple of hours later I got a phone call from a tier 2 officer, who was also very pleasant to talk to and very helpful.

I would highly recommend you to give them a call!!!

ps: the notice ended up arriving the same date I called 🤣🤣🤣

Awesome, I’ll call them immediately. Thank a lot 🙌

1 hour ago, Fe.Ta said:

Congrats!  I wonder if the renewals are prompting these interviews?

As a joke, I said to my husband "watch, they will schedule our interview just after we send the renewal forms". We mailed them the end of August, got text notifications that they were received on September 14th, and two days later his AOS status updated to interview scheduled. 😊

Just now, H&G said:

As a joke, I said to my husband "watch, they will schedule our interview just after we send the renewal forms". We mailed them the end of August, got text notifications that they were received on September 14th, and two days later his AOS status updated to interview scheduled. 😊

We are planning to send ours by next week, so hoping this will prompt something!  Thank you for letting us know.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Congrats to you all! We're still waiting to be rescheduled. 

Is uscis page having a glitch? Nothing is showing up under our case number today. Is this happening to anyone else here?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Hphelp said:

Congrats to you all! We're still waiting to be rescheduled. 

Is uscis page having a glitch? Nothing is showing up under our case number today. Is this happening to anyone else here?

It's happening the same to me in the new website. Old one is still working fine.

Timeline
Just now, Hphelp said:

Which one is the old website? Thanks!

Old:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

New:

https://myaccount.uscis.gov

Hey guys, I see a lot of people have been getting their interviews scheduled lately. That's a good sign.

I filed in September 2019 as well, then had my interview scheduled for March 19 and got cancelled just a day before.. then the status changed back to "Ready to be scheduled" and has been like that since late March. 

Now it's been another half a year (so over a year total) and still nothing.. 

I am thinking if I should give them a call or send that out-of-processing request mentioned above. Perhaps it's worth trying.

Have most of you called/contacted USCIS in any way/form before getting an update? or was it just random sudden update after all these months? And if you did call them, did you call the main USCIS customer service or the local field office?

I think on Monday I will either give them a call or send that inquiry online.

@Ayrton - that inquiry that you have just e-filed, did you do it through your USCIS online account? Was the case actually out of processing time for your field office? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, mark08 said:

Hey guys, I see a lot of people have been getting their interviews scheduled lately. That's a good sign.

I filed in September 2019 as well, then had my interview scheduled for March 19 and got cancelled just a day before.. then the status changed back to "Ready to be scheduled" and has been like that since late March. 

Now it's been another half a year (so over a year total) and still nothing.. 

I am thinking if I should give them a call or send that out-of-processing request mentioned above. Perhaps it's worth trying.

Have most of you called/contacted USCIS in any way/form before getting an update? or was it just random sudden update after all these months? And if you did call them, did you call the main USCIS customer service or the local field office?

I think on Monday I will either give them a call or send that inquiry online.

@Ayrton - that inquiry that you have just e-filed, did you do it through your USCIS online account? Was the case actually out of processing time for your field office? 

It wasn't through my account. I just filled out this form: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?sroPageType=onpt

Not sure if it really helped to get an interview. NYC has a processing time of up to 36 months, so I wasn't out of that. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

ASAP -  Hi, im filing for EAD and AP renewal with pending AOS and there's a question under part 3, 4c DISPOSITION .What should i write there? Do i write renewal,or expire? Need an answer from anyone who already renewed it. Thank you  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Aili & Dani said:

ASAP -  Hi, im filing for EAD and AP renewal with pending AOS and there's a question under part 3, 4c DISPOSITION .What should i write there? Do i write renewal,or expire? Need an answer from anyone who already renewed it. Thank you  

I recently wrote here about filing renewal of EAD, i didn't hear anything from them after i got my card in December, status is still interview is ready to be scheduled. I was reading here the process of filing renewal and i read here that i don't need to pay for renewal so i didn't pay anything upon submission of my documents last August 29, i just attached previous receipt as i filed it with i-485 before. Today i got a letter from uscis, it says that the letter was returned due to non-payment(as i thought no payment for renewal), and it also says that i didn't use the updated form edition (which i did). So basically, they are asking me for payment and updated form edition which i did correctly. I am so confused now, my card will be expired in December that's why i'm filing for renewal ahead of time. 🥺🥺🥺  

Edited by Angel & Joseph

Timeline
8 hours ago, Angel & Joseph said:

I recently wrote here about filing renewal of EAD, i didn't hear anything from them after i got my card in December, status is still interview is ready to be scheduled. I was reading here the process of filing renewal and i read here that i don't need to pay for renewal so i didn't pay anything upon submission of my documents last August 29, i just attached previous receipt as i filed it with i-485 before. Today i got a letter from uscis, it says that the letter was returned due to non-payment(as i thought no payment for renewal), and it also says that i didn't use the updated form edition (which i did). So basically, they are asking me for payment and updated form edition which i did correctly. I am so confused now, my card will be expired in December that's why i'm filing for renewal ahead of time. 🥺🥺🥺  

You don't need to pay. You probably sent the old version of the form. They released two new versions in the past month.

You could've filed for renewal 180 days before it expires.

Edited by Ayrton

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.