Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Trinidemfinn said:

I have the same issue. My husband's 2018 tax return did not meet the 125% because he just started working last December. They issued an RFE to us asking for his latest income tax return. I wonder if this will be another delay for us :(

Probably a small delay, but I think we just have to relax and go with the flow! I’ve realised that worrying about it doesn’t help! I wish you a speedy process 😊 

1 hour ago, Maddymcp said:

Probably a small delay, but I think we just have to relax and go with the flow! I’ve realised that worrying about it doesn’t help! I wish you a speedy process 😊 

Very good attitude and true!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Ours still nothing. :(  Just hoping we don't get any RFEs.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

5 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

Ours still nothing. :(  Just hoping we don't get any RFEs.

You'll be fine I'm sure!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

1 hour ago, Sarge2155 said:

You'll be fine I'm sure!

Thank you!  Hoping that is the case.  How are you guys doing?

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

I filed in Sept.03,2019
case status changed to Fingerprint Review Was Completed on October 02.
I received  courtesy letter to applicant dated October 28 requesting for 
a completed signed form I-693

Please any idea when i will get the "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" status changed.
Has anyone being in the same situation.

4 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Thank you!  Hoping that is the case.  How are you guys doing?

Doing great actually, I'm not looking for our interview before a year anyway so I am not stressing over it. I figure its going to be a year before we get scheduled for our interview due to our local office (Dallas, Texas) very slow processing there or should I say many cases there 12 to 22.5 months. If it comes sooner great if not its still great. Our status did change to ready to schedule interview on November 7th. Thanks for asking and please keep us posted!

Citizenship Complete!

2 hours ago, kwabs said:

I filed in Sept.03,2019
case status changed to Fingerprint Review Was Completed on October 02.
I received  courtesy letter to applicant dated October 28 requesting for 
a completed signed form I-693

Please any idea when i will get the "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" status changed.
Has anyone being in the same situation.

1 hour ago, kwabs said:

Did any one take his biometrics at Lawrence,MA
My case is taking too long.

Your case is not taking too long at all, once your case has been looked at and they are satisfied that you are ready for an interview they will change your status, but just because your status changes to ready for interview you still could wait months or even a year. It would also help if you filled in your time line, it helps fellow VJers to answer your questions without having to guess. Please take a moment and fill in your time line.

Make sure you do take that I-693 to your interview and make sure you use a civil surgeon to transcribe your vaccination information.

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone!

I officially received my RFIE hard copy in the mail today and I was hoping someone could help me about what I should submit. The letter is saying that my husband's income did not meet 125 percent of the federal poverty guideline... But his income is well above it. What additional information should I submit if his tax returns weren't enough the first time? Anyone had a similar situation? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Irush93 said:

Hey everyone!

I officially received my RFIE hard copy in the mail today and I was hoping someone could help me about what I should submit. The letter is saying that my husband's income did not meet 125 percent of the federal poverty guideline... But his income is well above it. What additional information should I submit if his tax returns weren't enough the first time? Anyone had a similar situation? 

Did you send Tax Return Transcript, employment letter and pay stubs.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

Did you send Tax Return Transcript, employment letter and pay stubs.

I didn't send an employment letter or pay stubs because I was advised that if I was using the amount on the transcripts I didn't need to send the employment letter or pay stubs. Maybe I will send those this time around! Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Irush93 said:

I didn't send an employment letter or pay stubs because I was advised that if I was using the amount on the transcripts I didn't need to send the employment letter or pay stubs. Maybe I will send those this time around! Thanks!

The thing is, a tax return from last year proves that they worked last year, but it's no guarantee that they're still working there. USCIS uses Current Annual Income to check if you meet the 125%. Like I said before here in the thread, that's how much you're making right now, your salary. The instructions say you're not required but you may send evidence to support the information about your current income.

Get a employment letter, some pay stubs. You're probably gonna need a new affidavit too. Send those out.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

The thing is, a tax return from last year proves that they worked last year, but it's no guarantee that they're still working there. USCIS uses Current Annual Income to check if you meet the 125%. Like I said before here in the thread, that's how much you're making right now, your salary. The instructions say you're not required but you may send evidence to support the information about your current income.

Get a employment letter, some pay stubs. You're probably gonna need a new affidavit too. Send those out.

Perfect! 

That's exactly what I thought. My husband also said since his 2018 and his current are different it makes sense to send that information that proves the current amount he makes. 

Thank you so much! 

8 minutes ago, Irush93 said:

Perfect! 

That's exactly what I thought. My husband also said since his 2018 and his current are different it makes sense to send that information that proves the current amount he makes. 

Thank you so much! 

I would also print a copy from USCIS oficial site about the federal poverty guideline and attach it to everything Ayrton just said. A kindly reminder to them what the 125% constitute. Sometimes they are not paying attention to that and delay people for no reasons. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.