dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2019

879 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, MrsGarcia said:

SMH. I am trying to call now since they said they would open at 10:30am today, and it's still closed. My husband and  have one 8 month old and another baby due in March, so I need him to have his documents by then :(

2 hours ago, MrsGarcia said:

SMH. I am trying to call now since they said they would open at 10:30am today, and it's still closed. My husband and  have one 8 month old and another baby due in March, so I need him to have his documents by then :(

Oh no!!! Just keep calling. I think all will be good by the time March rolls around for you! Keep the faith! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Raypenbar said:

I submitted tax transcripts because they don't require you to submit w2 documents.

Well now I get an RFE for my w2s. What a load of horse .

Just do it and get over it

These people can easily drive one insane but it won't last forever

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Raypenbar said:

I submitted tax transcripts because they don't require you to submit w2 documents.

Well now I get an RFE for my w2s. What a load of horse .

Did you file taxes jointly? It seems to be required when that's the case.

7 minutes ago, pinano said:

Did you file taxes jointly? It seems to be required when that's the case.

I did file jointly for one of the years, but they requested it for all years. 

The nvc website specifically suggests not sending extra stuff on top of tax transcripts or else I would have happily sent w2s as well. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

"NVC strongly recommends the submission of tax transcripts since they typically provide the information necessary for an evaluation of completeness of the Affidavit of Support and result in more efficient processing.  Sponsors may submit copies of tax returns but must comply with the file size limits for electronic uploads to CEAC and could be delayed by requests for additional documentation"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Raypenbar said:

I did file jointly for one of the years, but they requested it for all years. 

That might have triggered the request.

4 minutes ago, Raypenbar said:

The nvc website specifically suggests not sending extra stuff on top of tax transcripts or else I would have happily sent w2s as well. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

Argh, so true. I was going to submit 3 years of tax transcripts from my joint sponsor, but only had his W2s for the most recent year, so decided to only submit 2018 docs. Hope it doesn't backfire.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
21 minutes ago, pinano said:

That might have triggered the request.

Argh, so true. I was going to submit 3 years of tax transcripts from my joint sponsor, but only had his W2s for the most recent year, so decided to only submit 2018 docs. Hope it doesn't backfire.

You can only hope and pray everything works in your favour 🙏

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

When submit proof of income  we need upload tax transcript with W-2 in one file or different files. NVC receive my file Aug. 23, I hope tomorrow i can get my case#.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I had to resubmit 3 documents today I'm hoping for a quick check/reply like we did the first time. Everything else says accepted. So does that mean after these 3 are accepted also we will get a DQ/CC?

5 minutes ago, Letter said:

I had to resubmit 3 documents today I'm hoping for a quick check/reply like we did the first time. Everything else says accepted. So does that mean after these 3 are accepted also we will get a DQ/CC?

Should be I’m in the same boat but I’ve been waiting 4 weeks now for my resubmission. When did you originally submit?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, paret3169 said:

Should be I’m in the same boat but I’ve been waiting 4 weeks now for my resubmission. When did you originally submit?

09/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Letter said:

Hopefully.  I too got an email today. asking to submit proper birth certificate and proof of employment. I submitted 9/10. Everything is submitted. I’m hoping we hear something in two weeks 

Timeline
1 minute ago, MrsEze said:

Hopefully.  I too got an email today. asking to submit proper birth certificate and proof of employment. I submitted 9/10. Everything is submitted. I’m hoping we hear something in two weeks 

I pray you do also you'll be in my prayers ☺️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

For those of you who have heard back from NVC after submitting your DS260 application and AOS through CEAC, did you receive RFE or CC email during NVC's office hours or it was after hours? Thanks!

Edited by Karim2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.