laylalex

Republican Steve King: if not for incest and rape 'would there be any population left?'

290 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Steeleballz said:

It sure takes more effort nowadays. Every time I get an offer in the mail from State Farm or Verizon or Comcast, I take a minute to write a note on the business reply mail to remind them that poor service is the reason they don't have my business in the first place. That way they get to pay a few cents to get my opinion. Probably not enough to change the way they operate, but maybe it will help.

Problem with Verizon and other Cell phone companies is that it isnt going to get much better no matter who you go with. I have had pretty good luck with Verizon and have found one reseller who gives my wife and I good service. I drive by at least 6 other Verizon resellers to get there.

When you have 3 other companies in a 50 mile radius that sells the same big ticket item, you better treat customers right. Lucky we are locally owned with owner on site every day. I think we do a great job of serving customers. When you give good service and sell one of the most reputable products on the market it makes the job easier.

Working in retail I am very familiar with the wish to punch customers. The worst are the regulars, who act like they own the place and expect to be treated like royalty. I try to be polite but it can get wearing. This is why god made wine for drinking at the end of the day. :) 

3 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Problem with Verizon and other Cell phone companies is that it isnt going to get much better no matter who you go with. I have had pretty good luck with Verizon and have found one reseller who gives my wife and I good service. I drive by at least 6 other Verizon resellers to get there.

When you have 3 other companies in a 50 mile radius that sells the same big ticket item, you better treat customers right. Lucky we are locally owned with owner on site every day. I think we do a great job of serving customers. When you give good service and sell one of the most reputable products on the market it makes the job easier.

I think the big problem is they all suck. Seems like the easiest business model has become replacing customers who leave because they are sick of the service with new customers who cant take their current service any more.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

I think the big problem is they all suck. Seems like the easiest business model has become replacing customers who leave because they are sick of the service with new customers who cant take their current service any more.

Last I heard T-Mobile will be adding $10 or so surcharge for any assistance rendered at the store in person vs being done online, on the website. With minimal wage rises etc, death of the malls, companies are working hard on minimising expensive front line people they have to maintain. Service things get outsourced to 3rd party providers, often same company that services all 4 (3?) major US carriers. 

Verizon is hell, especially when you live in a rural area and it's the only method of communication. We had power outage last night and a brush fire made getting out around here to get food a pain (the local McDs only place that had power and good grief that was a fiasco). Okay no problem... it's only nearly 100 degrees outside but whatever. We had working phone and internet. When the power kicked on, all Verizon services gone. So call... test line.. ''oh no you have no service we're going to have to send someone out, but you'll need an appointment, lets transfer you to someone.. oh you'll need to wait 50 minutes on hold." :devil: 20 minutes on hold, and Verizon services come back on.

My husband went through three weeks trying to get Dish to come out and do repair service at the college (a dish mounted on a roof with tiny screws vs storm = dish loses). Your time is between 12-5 (after work hours). Guy never shows. Make new appointment. Guy never shows. Repeat on end..

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Just now, Shiran said:

Last I heard T-Mobile will be adding $10 or so surcharge for any assistance rendered at the store in person vs being done online, on the website. With minimal wage rises etc, death of the malls, companies are working hard on minimising expensive front line people they have to maintain. Service things get outsourced to 3rd party providers, often same company that services all 4 (3?) major US carriers. 

I use Tracfone. They also suck, but their priceing structure is more in line with their level of suckiness.

1 hour ago, Steeleballz said:

Cable companies are notorious also. I got pretty decent service from Direct TV, but bill creep made me leave them. You had to call and threaten to leave every year or so, or your bill got outrageous 

4 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Cable companies are notorious also. I got pretty decent service from Direct TV, but bill creep made me leave them. You had to call and threaten to leave every year or so, or your bill got outrageous 

I cut the cord when I moved up here and now pay for YouTube TV and Amazon Video (which I get anyway because I've been a Prime member for forever). I admit to still using a Netflix profile my ex set up for a mutual friend which he's never removed from the account. :lol:  But I have no regrets for never having to deal with Spectrum again. My landlord takes care of wifi and I haven't had a problem yet (touch wood).

45 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I cut the cord when I moved up here and now pay for YouTube TV and Amazon Video (which I get anyway because I've been a Prime member for forever). I admit to still using a Netflix profile my ex set up for a mutual friend which he's never removed from the account. :lol:  But I have no regrets for never having to deal with Spectrum again. My landlord takes care of wifi and I haven't had a problem yet (touch wood).

I just added my favorites list in my cable and realized how few of the many channels i watch.

UGA football, Animal Kingdom, Yellowstone,  Mayans, 90 day Fiancee,  thats about it

Cord cutting won't work in rural areas. Even if I got the best antenna and mounted it to the roof I couldn't get local channels and most stuff isn't available in this area. Plus there is no functioning internet to be streaming content constantly. My sister's DirectTV bill is very high and she hasn't even got a fancy plan.. it's ridiculous. But you're right NB, when you look at all the channels DirectTV does give.. I don't even watch hardly any of it. Be nice if we could just pick the channels we wanted.

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: IR-5 Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, laylalex said:

I admit to still using a Netflix profile my ex set up for a mutual friend which he's never removed from the account. :lol:  But I have no regrets for never having to deal with Spectrum again. My landlord takes care of wifi and I haven't had a problem yet (touch wood).

Not nice. What if he finds out? How many months do you expect he would want to charge you for?

-

“He’s in there fighting,” the president said. “Boris knows how to win.”

43 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

Not nice. What if he finds out? How many months do you expect he would want to charge you for?

That makes no sense. He is paying for and using the Netflix account. There is no charge for additional users. Netflix bills the account holder. 

2 hours ago, Boris Farage said:

1 hour ago, Steeleballz said:

That makes no sense. He is paying for and using the Netflix account. There is no charge for additional users. Netflix bills the account holder. 

He's petty enough to try it, definitely. I guess he'd send me an invoice on his personal stationery! :lol:

Filed: Timeline
2 minutes ago, laylalex said:

He's petty enough to try it, definitely. I guess he'd send me an invoice on his personal stationery! :lol:

Petty?  Hardly.  I don't know many men who would be happy with their ex taking advantage of them after a divorce.  I know I darn sure wouldn't.  Especially if she was already taking my money via the courts.