laylalex

Republican Steve King: if not for incest and rape 'would there be any population left?'

290 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

Half the time I have to leave the landline off the hook to even get the internet to function. ''High-open'' is a ridiculous problem Verizon refuses to fix.

LOL. You definitely have issues. The only problems I had when we lived out in the boonies was when something went down. It could take forever to get it back up and working. Our day to day service was great. Guess it depends where you are and how much they are willing to put into the infrastructure.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, Steeleballz said:

Do you not have to pay the $80 a month when you are abroad? If you don't, then it's free data. Otherwise it's a feature included in your monthly service. Not giving you a hard time. I know everyone markets "free" this way but it's not. Try to walk into a chain restaurant, lets say Olive Garden and ask for their free bread sticks without buying a meal. They are not really free. Neither is your data.

Anyway, I actually like T-Mobile. I had a $35 plan that was unlimited data. I think the first 5gb was high speed and it lowered after that. Only worked in the USA. That was back before "unlimited" plans were very common. Overall it was a good deal at the time, but I rarely used more than 1gb a month, so it wasn't a good deal for me. If I actually used my cell phone for anything, I'd probably go back to T-Mobile.

Yes, I know what you meant.  I was just messing with you.  "No extra charge" and free are used interchangeably far too often these days.

You still have a LAND LINE???  Wow.  I think I gave up on that in 2003.  I do so miss those $21 monthly bills,  however.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

You still have a LAND LINE???  Wow.  I think I gave up on that in 2003.  I do so miss those $21 monthly bills,  however.

One advantage of landline is reliable 911 functionality, and the fact it suppose to stay operational even in case of power outage. In our office we have "red phone" that goes to local POTS line, and is suppose to be used in 911 type emergencies. If were to dial 911 from desk phones, it would route to corporate office in Midwest (I think??) which won't do anyone any good. In practical terms, I hope never to find how well that works. Though we had some jokers that occasionally call the "red phone" to make it ring when they cannot locate someone by their desk extension. The loud old time electro-mechanical bell noise is unmissable. 
I would think setting up cell towers in the agrarian "boonies" would be easier and cheaper way to provide reliable service than putting down wires to every house.

Filed: Timeline
5 minutes ago, Shiran said:

One advantage of landline is reliable 911 functionality, and the fact it suppose to stay operational even in case of power outage. In our office we have "red phone" that goes to local POTS line, and is suppose to be used in 911 type emergencies. If were to dial 911 from desk phones, it would route to corporate office in Midwest (I think??) which won't do anyone any good. In practical terms, I hope never to find how well that works. Though we had some jokers that occasionally call the "red phone" to make it ring when they cannot locate someone by their desk extension. The loud old time electro-mechanical bell noise is unmissable. 
I would think setting up cell towers in the agrarian "boonies" would be easier and cheaper way to provide reliable service than putting down wires to every house.

More businesses are using VOIP nowadays I think, hence the red phone concept (a true land line to a local phone company).

And yes, phone lines are backed up by batteries in the case of power outages.  

They've finally put fiber optic around town, but only in the town itself, around businesses, and not of course out to the majority of homes here in the woodlands. Verizon is the only provider of a subpar DSL connection running down old phone lines.. and as explained to me by numerous repair persons, ''they aren't interested in the cost of fixing all this''. Read recently somewhere that I think it was rural Kentucky or WV that a town got so sick and tired of waiting they hired some guy with a donkey to run the cables....

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline
11 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

They've finally put fiber optic around town, but only in the town itself, around businesses, and not of course out to the majority of homes here in the woodlands. Verizon is the only provider of a subpar DSL connection running down old phone lines.. and as explained to me by numerous repair persons, ''they aren't interested in the cost of fixing all this''. Read recently somewhere that I think it was rural Kentucky or WV that a town got so sick and tired of waiting they hired some guy with a donkey to run the cables....

There is a thing called "Municipal Internet" when towns get so tired of dealing with providers, they effectively become providers themselves. Sale of 5G bandwidth was also come with a caveat that providers suppose to use for bringing high speed to agrarian areas. It is one of those many situations where "business know best!" logic fails, as low density in agrarian areas makes it not worthwhile for companies to invest into infrastructure, as they know they get higher returns from building in high density cities. But of course it is low density agrarian areas that quite literally responsible for feeding the cities.

The county just approved the sale of a massive amount of rural land with plans to build 1000 new homes. apartments, and other facilities. I'm sure they would expand fiber optic out that way... but not to the already long established homes. :( Even in places like Baltimore, Verizon claimed to be getting them Fios capable. What a joke. They didn't have some sort of franchise licensing agreement with the city, so it's only in a few areas.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

1 hour ago, ALFKAD said:

Yes, I know what you meant.  I was just messing with you.  "No extra charge" and free are used interchangeably far too often these days.

Mine is free. It comes with my phone service. :D

Filed: IR-5 Country: England
Timeline
15 hours ago, laylalex said:

He's petty enough to try it, definitely. I guess he'd send me an invoice on his personal stationery! :lol:

And if the tables were turned, and you found he was stealing from you? All I hear is how terrible this man is, but from what you have posted, it does seem the opposite sometimes.

-

“He’s in there fighting,” the president said. “Boris knows how to win.”

28 minutes ago, Shiran said:

There is a thing called "Municipal Internet" when towns get so tired of dealing with providers, they effectively become providers themselves. Sale of 5G bandwidth was also come with a caveat that providers suppose to use for bringing high speed to agrarian areas. It is one of those many situations where "business know best!" logic fails, as low density in agrarian areas makes it not worthwhile for companies to invest into infrastructure, as they know they get higher returns from building in high density cities. But of course it is low density agrarian areas that quite literally responsible for feeding the cities.

We are going through that here. It's interesting that Comcast and Verizon can't find the money to upgrade their service in these areas, but they sure came up with money fast to fight against towns talking about municipal gigabit internet for $30 a month. Unfortunately thanks to all the lobbying, Colorado is one of the 26 states who have passed legislation that makes it prohibitively difficult for municipalities to provide this service.  

7 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

And if the tables were turned, and you found he was stealing from you? All I hear is how terrible this man is, but from what you have posted, it does seem the opposite sometimes.

How is this really stealing though? He never told me not to use it. He kept my profile active for as long as I lived in our home, until we sold it. I logged in one day, and *poof* no more laylalex profile. So I just used the one he had for our friend still up. I mean, it's not like he's paying more for me to be on there, or that I demanded that we have the most expensive plan (his choice, he's the one who has a 4K television -- I don't even have a TV anymore). If he figures it out and changes the password, I'm not going to hack in somehow. (Even though he uses like the same five passwords for everything, and I'm sure I could guess very easily what the new one would be. 🙄)

I'm not a terrible person, and I don't think it's any disadvantage to him for me to use his account. He never explicitly took away my permission to use it. If anyone wants to give him a tip on my horrible theft, please let me know and I'll PM you his email address! :lol:

That's a joke -- I think that would probably be a violation of the terms of service here. 

30 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

The county just approved the sale of a massive amount of rural land with plans to build 1000 new homes. apartments, and other facilities. I'm sure they would expand fiber optic out that way... but not to the already long established homes. :( Even in places like Baltimore, Verizon claimed to be getting them Fios capable. What a joke. They didn't have some sort of franchise licensing agreement with the city, so it's only in a few areas.

Everything where I live was put in in the last two years. It was just farmland prior to that. They made a big spiel about Comcast putting in fiber optic and whatever else they are currently doing. Unfortunately they screwed it up enough that it is barely usable for many people.  Our connection used to go down every half hour and would take about 15 minutes for the modem to come back up. Some of the neighbors had worse problems. Doesn't matter how much bandwidth they can offer if people can't use it. The last guy from Comcast that came out to look was one of the high tier guys that is suppose to be able to fix anything. His off the record solution was to call Centurylink and see how much DSL costs. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: England
Timeline
Just now, laylalex said:

How is this really stealing though?

1 minute ago, laylalex said:

I logged in one day, and *poof* no more laylalex profile.🙄

Asked and answered.

If the tables were turned, I suspect very much that you would write at length about how your terrible ex is stealing from you, even though you had explicitly removed his profile.

-

“He’s in there fighting,” the president said. “Boris knows how to win.”

5 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

Asked and answered.

If the tables were turned, I suspect very much that you would write at length about how your terrible ex is stealing from you, even though you had explicitly removed his profile.

*shrug*

I highly doubt I have anything he'd think worthy of stealing, anyway.  Frankly, if he took anything from me, he'd call it "returning it to its rightful owner, because I pay for everything anyway."

Timeline
4 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I highly doubt I have anything he'd think worthy of stealing, anyway. 

I thought it was well known fact there is in fact only a single Netflix subscriber, and everyone just uses their password. 
On serious note the way Netflix prevents overly grievous password sharing abuse is by limiting how many devices can stream content simultaneously, so at some point people will start colliding with each other. I used to use my ex partner Amazon Prime (she had discounted or free plan for being student) eventually she removed me. No big deal, not really "stealing"