laylalex

Republican Steve King: if not for incest and rape 'would there be any population left?'

290 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Shiran said:

I thought it was well known fact there is in fact only a single Netflix subscriber, and everyone just uses their password. 
On serious note the way Netflix prevents overly grievous password sharing abuse is by limiting how many devices can stream content simultaneously, so at some point people will start colliding with each other. I used to use my ex partner Amazon Prime (she had discounted or free plan for being student) eventually she removed me. No big deal, not really "stealing" 

Exactly. I don't think he understands how Netflix works. I was the one who set it up to begin with when he first came over. Pretty sure he thinks removing the profile means I can't access it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
On 8/21/2019 at 12:43 PM, Boris Farage said:

Not what I said or meant, but the grain of truth is that it's not men getting the abortions.

On 8/21/2019 at 1:21 PM, Boris Farage said:

Of course it goes without saying that both men and women should behave responsibly. But I say again, it is not the men getting the abortions. If a man puts himself in a situation where he's having unprotected sex, worst case is an STD. If a woman puts herself in a situation where she is having unprotected sex, worst case is an abortion. So if a woman believes she may engage in unprotected sex, then it follows that she should just. stay. home. Drink some wine, catch up on the laundry, whatever. Obviously this does not apply to rape or incest.

Well looky here. A person without a uterus having an opinion about a person that does have a uterus having autonomy over their body. 

Vasectomies are reversible. Why not make all men have them? And then, if they are truly ready to be a father, they can undo them. You have problems with this? Yeah, isn't it awful to try to regulate men's bodies this way. 

Cue outraged comments from males......

Edited by fip & jim

22 minutes ago, fip & jim said:

Well looky here. A person without a uterus having an opinion about a person that does have a uterus having autonomy over their body. 

Vasectomies are reversible. Why not make all men have them? And then, if they are truly ready to be a father, they can undo them. You have problems with this? Yeah, isn't it awful to try to regulate men's bodies this way. 

Cue outraged comments from males......

I think the applicable analogy would be stoping men from having a vasectomy.  Of course that is a poor analogy,  because a viable fetus is not involved. 

I am anti abortion but pro choice if that makes any cents$$$

My pro choice ends when you have a fetus that is capable of surviving outside the womb, cept for mothers health or baby would be severely handicapped. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

My pro choice ends when you have a fetus that is capable of surviving outside the womb, cept for mothers health or baby would be severely handicapped. 

So many men say this. Are you lining up to parent these kids? Usually people that hold these views expect the woman to parent. So, I'll reiterate, what are you doing to enable parenting to happen? It's not enough to be pro life of a fetus. You have to be pro life of the fetus's mother.

4 minutes ago, fip & jim said:

So many men say this. Are you lining up to parent these kids? Usually people that hold these views expect the woman to parent. So, I'll reiterate, what are you doing to enable parenting to happen? It's not enough to be pro life of a fetus. You have to be pro life of the fetus's mother.

The supreme court also says it. They have indeed set the limits on where states can and cannot regulate the gestational age by which the decision to have and abortion has to happen. In the absence of health risks to the mother, the SC court has generally defined that as the gestational age when the fetus is viable outside the womb. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

1 hour ago, fip & jim said:

People waiting years and spending many 1000s to adopt kids into a loving home. Many many will pay all expenses for the mother to give birth.

Your assertion is just regurgitated radical feminist boiler plate talking points.

As the only true middle of the road poster, I have unique and truly unbiased opnions derived from logic and critical Thanksgiving skills.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

People waiting years and spending many 1000s to adopt kids into a loving home. Many many will pay all expenses for the mother to give birth.

Your assertion is just regurgitated radical feminist boiler plate talking points.

As the only true middle of the road poster, I have unique and truly unbiased opnions derived from logic and critical Thanksgiving skills.

You know nothing about me. I'm a parent. I happen to be female. I understand my limitations & myself. 

"The mother" is not a breeding machine. She was once a fetus too. If you have fertility issues that is in no way her problem. She is her own person & should have her own autonomy. 

Characterizing abortion as something a woman would undertake casually is to treat those women as mindless, silly, selfish creatures who don't understand what they are doing. I have struggled with infertility in my own marriage. I never, EVER would have thought it was proper to expect another woman to breed a child for me against her will. It smacks of treating us as nothing more than, as fip says, breeding machines. I am a person in my own right, a woman who was pressured herself to be a breeding machine, and when -- if -- I choose to have a child, it will be because I wish to do so. 

41 minutes ago, fip & jim said:

You know nothing about me. I'm a parent. I happen to be female. I understand my limitations & myself. 

"The mother" is not a breeding machine. She was once a fetus too. If you have fertility issues that is in no way her problem. She is her own person & should have her own autonomy. 

When you are 7 months pregnant,  you are about 7 months past making decisions about "breeding "..

40 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Characterizing abortion as something a woman would undertake casually is to treat those women as mindless, silly, selfish creatures who don't understand what they are doing. I have struggled with infertility in my own marriage. I never, EVER would have thought it was proper to expect another woman to breed a child for me against her will. It smacks of treating us as nothing more than, as fip says, breeding machines. I am a person in my own right, a woman who was pressured herself to be a breeding machine, and when -- if -- I choose to have a child, it will be because I wish to do so. 

No body is asking a woman to "breed" as you put it, against her will. That would be rape. At 7 months pregnant,  you are way past breeding decisions. 

If you become pregnant and carry a fetus 7 months,  you have already made a decision. 

When is too late ? How about 2 weeks before birth. How about two weeks after? Why force her to be a mother if she changes her mind 2 weeks after birth 

1 hour ago, laylalex said:

NB wasn't doing that. He said he supports a woman's right to choose an abortion up to a point. That point is when the fetus is viable and can survive outside the womb. He is saying make the decision before that time. That is in line with supreme court opinion as well.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, fip & jim said:

I know you weren't asking me, but I'll tell you what I'm doing about parenting: I'm not slipping and falling into some girl's ####### and getting her pregnant,  thereby not forcing her to have to even contemplate abortion.

If a woman gets pregnant and chooses to keep the baby, the man has a legal obligation to support the child (though sadly, deadbeat dads are far too prevalent). Raising a child is NOT the sole responsibility of the mother, and children raised by both parents are more well adjusted overall IMO (unless, of course, one parent is abusive/dangerous for the spouse or kids, as say an alcoholic would be).

And all of us here ARE pro life for the mother. I'd always choose the mother's life over the babies if only one could live.  Unless of course the mother would die anyway, and the father wanted to keep the baby.  That would be a tough call for any family to make, and one I'm glad my wife and I never had to consider.  There are good reasons to have abortions, and clearly it is done on a daily basis, in spite of your claim that in order to have an opinion about abortions, we need to have a uterus.  Having an opinion (either way) as a man is in no way staunching the tide of abortions.

Abortions: 638,169 in 2015, and 652,639 in 2014.  Went down 14,470.

Births: 3,978,497 in 2015, 3,855,500 in 2014.  Went up 122,997.  

But roughly 16-17% of US pregnancies were aborted those two years.  Some may think that's a lot, some might think it's very reasonable.  Truth is, we will never really ever be able to say, because we will never know why those 600,000 abortions happened.  Clearly, however, no men are keeping women from opting to abort nowadays.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
14 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

I'm not even sure if my cell phone works in my house. Still use the land line at home.

[T-B. searches vainly for the +1,000 button]

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

HILLBILLY VASECTOMY

A Kentucky couple, both rednecks, had 9 children.  They went to the doctor to see about getting the husband "fixed."

The doctor gladly started the required procedure and asked them what finally caused them to make the decision -- why, after 9 children, would they do this?

The husband replied that they had read in a recent newspaper article that one out of every ten children born in the United States was Mexican, and he and his wife did not want to risk having a Mexican baby, because neither of them spoke Spanish.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
8 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

When you are 7 months pregnant,  you are about 7 months past making decisions about "breeding "..

You're talking about when it's acceptable to abort. That's a different issue. So when is it acceptable for you? It is actually very difficult to get an abortion. It's also not something that is done casually. I don't know of any woman or girl that hasn't suffered greatly from being in a place where they have to consider abortion. 

6 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

Clearly, however, no men are keeping women from opting to abort nowadays.

Um... do you pay attention to what's happening in America? Georgia, Ohio, Kentucky, Mississippi and Louisiana have passed bills which prohibit abortion after about six weeks - before many people even realize they are pregnant. How was that possible? I'm pretty sure it's to do with some men that passed these laws. That's men keeping women, but not only women as girls get pregnant too, from obtaining safe and legal abortions. 

Since you guys have strong opinions about what females can choose happening to them I'd like your opinion about a case in Ohio. An 11 year old girl was repeatedly raped by a 26 year old male and was subsequently pregnant. Under the new Ohian bill the girl would not have access to safe and legal abortion. There are no exceptions for terminations for pregnancies resulting from rape or incest.