Live alone

i want to know my chances

43 posts in this topic

Good evening everyone , please I want to know if I have any chance in  my case with how far me and my wife have gone in this process . I’m from Nigeria and I met my wife online and we have been together for a year plus now and married for 8 months and already filed the 130 form and currently at 6 months . We have some red flags though 

1) 23 yr age difference 

2) married on first visit .

but she has been here in Nigeria to visit me twice and planning to comeback sometime in September or October . From the information I have read from here , she has been able to change her drivers license last name to my last name , bank account , her job too , she can’t change the passport yet because it expires next year . Although she tried putting me in her account but she can’t because the bank needed my presence and she can’t put me in her lease too because of  the apartment is on sale so she doesn’t have a lease . 

Please I want to know if this is enough evidence or NOID ? 

You're right, you have all the classic red flags.

Would you be okay with her moving to Nigeria if you did get a NOID?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Who is the older?  Most all red flags can be overcome with a lot of time spent together.....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Live alone said:

She is older 

Is it customary in Nigeria for a man to marry a woman 23 years older?

Same religion?

Cultural differences?

I'm not judging.......just relating some of the questions the consulate officers sometimes ask.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Is she just visiting or will she stay if you do not get a visa?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

6 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Is she just visiting or will she stay if you do not get a visa?

I pray it doesn’t get to that , each visit here in Nigeria costs out alot and I don’t make enough to support both of us here if it comes to that .. that will be a very hard decision too 

Edited by Live alone
More information and corrections

Just now, Live alone said:

I pray it doesn’t get to that , each visit here in Nigeria costs more money  and I don’t make enough to support both of us here if she comes to live here with me .. each visit she spends like 2 weeks and goes back to her job .. she can’t leave her job that long too because she supports her aged parents too 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Live alone said:

I pray it doesn’t get to that , each visit here in Nigeria costs out alot and I don’t make enough to support both of us here if it comes to that .. that will be a very hard decision too 

Do you and your wife share this account, or does she have her account here on Visa Journey?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Always good to have a Plan B.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, Live alone said:

Good evening everyone , please I want to know if I have any chance in  my case with how far me and my wife have gone in this process . I’m from Nigeria and I met my wife online and we have been together for a year plus now and married for 8 months and already filed the 130 form and currently at 6 months . We have some red flags though 

1) 23 yr age difference 

2) married on first visit .

but she has been here in Nigeria to visit me twice and planning to comeback sometime in September or October . From the information I have read from here , she has been able to change her drivers license last name to my last name , bank account , her job too , she can’t change the passport yet because it expires next year . Although she tried putting me in her account but she can’t because the bank needed my presence and she can’t put me in her lease too because of  the apartment is on sale so she doesn’t have a lease . 

Please I want to know if this is enough evidence or NOID ? 

you will need to provide a lot of face time to overcome the age difference to prove a real realtionship

they know the marriage is real but a long term relationship is what immigration needs to feel can happen

i know as we had the same issue and it took us 6 years and 5 long trips to be approved

as to accounts:

she can add you to IRS tax returns at tax time in the spring by applying for the ITIN with a W7 form 

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/nonresident-alien-spouse

when the ITIN is granted,  she can add u to checking and / or savings account per federal tax laws (as i did for Adil 4 years before he got a visa) / you can not have a debit card for the account as you can only have that after arrival in USA

probably can not add you to apartment lease 

but send her a POA (power of attorney samples are online) allowing her to do banking and other issues in your name / that will help her with a lot of requirements to aide the application

Edited by JeanneAdil

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.