Cata&Ben

August 2019 - AOS Fillers!

1,771 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

photo attachment removed - to ensure one's privacy, do not post personal info on this site.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

4 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

photo attachment removed - to ensure one's privacy, do not post personal info on this site.

Is the receipt number really personal info? How can people pull information from it?

Not trying to be difficult- if it is personal info please remove my photo attachment too. Made in the last page of this thread

Adjustment of Status (from F-1)

National Benefits Center

Charlotte Field Office

8-23-19: NOA1

9-17-19: Biometrics

10-10-19: RFIE

10-24-19: RFIE Response Received by USCIS

11-07-19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview

11-12-19: Scheduled for Interview

12-18-19: Interview

12-20-19: Approved!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 hours ago, TastyCake said:

Andrew, I was wondering if you could tell me how many statements for each account did you bring?  For example, for your cable/wifi bill did you bring ALL statements dating back months that had both names on it?  Or the most recent?

I didn't bring actual statements.  I bank with USAA so what I did was I went to my Account Info for checking, then printed it out.  It lists the account #, our address, and that both of us are on the account.  Same with the insurance.  I did not turn in any bills like cable or power.  I did turn in a copy of our lease which has both our names on it.  If you do bring statements, I'd only bring the most recent.  

One thing I should mention is the Officer literally read the questions off the I-485 about being a criminal or terrorist.  Some of the questions are quite technical and require a good understanding of English to actually understand.  My wife's English is ok, but she definitely did not understand all the questions.  However, she quickly got the clue that the answer to all the questions should be "no" once the Officer got to that section of the I-485.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I called about my EAD and asked them if the RFE that I got on my AOS had an effect on the processing time, and the person told me that it had no effect on the processing time of the EAD/AP. I hope that it makes some people here feel a little bit better about it, we should get our EAD/AP card soon ! Fingers crossed and good vibes 🤞

Edited by Calendula

15 hours ago, Marcela Palomino said:

I've never been interviewed for i485, but for the petition it wasn't trouble because they want the last year info isn't it? They don't want your last month....again I've never got interview for adjustment of status, so no way I would know for sure the way they handle it at this stage 

Thanks Marcela!

Cata

2 hours ago, AndrewF said:

I didn't bring actual statements.  I bank with USAA so what I did was I went to my Account Info for checking, then printed it out.  It lists the account #, our address, and that both of us are on the account.  Same with the insurance.  I did not turn in any bills like cable or power.  I did turn in a copy of our lease which has both our names on it.  If you do bring statements, I'd only bring the most recent.  

One thing I should mention is the Officer literally read the questions off the I-485 about being a criminal or terrorist.  Some of the questions are quite technical and require a good understanding of English to actually understand.  My wife's English is ok, but she definitely did not understand all the questions.  However, she quickly got the clue that the answer to all the questions should be "no" once the Officer got to that section of the I-485.  

Yes this is an important point because they are verifying inadmissibility.

Thanks a lot for the information.

Cata

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Received "Case was Approved" status update for both I-485 and I-130 today

B2 visa To AOS

Priority date:  08/19/19

Received text messages: 08/26/19 

Received NOA1's in the mail: 08/31/19

Biometrics done 09/17/19

Received case update online for RFIE  10/12/19

Sent response for RFIE 10/17/19

RFIE Response delivered (resent I-130A) 10/19/19

"Response to RFIE received" status 10/22/19

Case ready to be scheduled for interview 11/02/19

Interview Scheduled! 11/07/19

Received interview notice in mail 11/12/19

Interview 12/19/19 Approved on spot!

"Case was Approved" status update i-485 & i-130 12/20/19

Received Approval notices in the mail 12/26/19

"Card was mailed to me" I-485 12/26/19

"Card was picked up by USPS" I-485 12/27/19

Green card in hand 12/28/19

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Well after the whole debacle of USCIS losing my change of address, they’ve gone ahead and cancelled my interview in Charleston SC, despite me confirming with a tier 2 rep that I would indeed like to attend this interview even though I’m now out of state. 

Feels like we just took a step backward, but I’m trying to forget about it and get into the Christmas spirit. Hope all of my fellow August filers have a very merry and safe Christmas. 

93DFA04C-DCF7-4510-A053-7E42E9781F2A.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
9 hours ago, CJK said:

Is the receipt number really personal info? How can people pull information from it?

Not trying to be difficult- if it is personal info please remove my photo attachment too. Made in the last page of this thread

I don't even know why keep it secret....technically the tracker shows me all the cases numbers and their status, just silly I think, but lets roll with it

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
5 hours ago, emeline29 said:

Well after the whole debacle of USCIS losing my change of address, they’ve gone ahead and cancelled my interview in Charleston SC, despite me confirming with a tier 2 rep that I would indeed like to attend this interview even though I’m now out of state. 

Feels like we just took a step backward, but I’m trying to forget about it and get into the Christmas spirit. Hope all of my fellow August filers have a very merry and safe Christmas. 

93DFA04C-DCF7-4510-A053-7E42E9781F2A.jpeg

I'm so sorry they're putting you through this. How incompetent they are! I hope you get your "real" interview notice soon. Maybe you need to keep calling until you do? In the meantime, do get into the holiday spirit! You've made a huge dream come true! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Joyoussinger said:

I'm so sorry they're putting you through this. How incompetent they are! I hope you get your "real" interview notice soon. Maybe you need to keep calling until you do? In the meantime, do get into the holiday spirit! You've made a huge dream come true! 

Thanks Jodi! I’m trying to think that everything happens for a reason. I have to admit even though USCIS told me I could attend the interview in Charleston, I had a feeling I would show up and they wouldn’t let me in! At least we didn’t waste any money on flights or a hotel 🙂

On 12/20/2019 at 2:39 PM, CJK said:

Yeah. The only reason I've posted the screenshot was because I saw your post lol Thought it was okay.

Anyway, Congrats on getting the green card!

축하드려요. ^_^

My Timeline (St. Louis, MO):

08/22 Mailed packet

08/23 USCIS received

08/27 NOA

09/25 Call USCIS for service inquiry (Biometrics Letter), never got the answer

10/14 RFIE

10/29 RFIE Received

11/05 Call USCIS again for service inquiry (Biometrics Letter), never got the answer

11/29 Biometrics Letter Received

12/09 Biometrics appointment (Code 2). They've only taken my index finger's fingerprint

12/13 Another Biometrics Letter Received (Code 3)

12/20 EAD Card is being produced

12/24 Biometrics Appointment scheduled -> Cancelled due to executive order

12/30 EAD Card Received

01/08 Supposedly the rescheduled biometrics appointment, but couldn't make it.

01/15 Did the Walk-in Biometrics!

01/21 Status changed to "Ready to be interviewed"

01/22 Status changed to "Interview was scheduled"

02/26 Green Card Interview & Approved!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Grant & Bri said:

Any idea how I can get 2018 federal income tax return transcript? Just got a RFE for it.

You can do it online here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 minutes ago, gramercygreen said:

You can do it online here.

I found my wife’s form 1040 for 2018, I’m pretty sure that’s all they are requesting can you confirm this for me? 

81886BC1-C2AC-4133-ABD6-2F47FBEA4850.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.