Jump to content

25 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone. 

I hope everyone is having a good day and that all of your visa processes are going without any trouble.

I am at the point right now, before scheduling my interview appointment. All previous steps have gone well so far. I have to schedule a medical appointment and gather a couple of documents before scheduling an interview at the consulate in my country. 

the question i want to ask is; in the list of documents i need, it says i must bring with me a certified copy of my fiances u.s. passport (bio page only). the situation is that my fiance doesnt have a passport, and i was wondering if there is any other document she can use instead? 

 

i thank you all who answer and hope everyone is well. 

 

(I appologize for my english if its inccorect)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RedAndBelle2019 said:

Hello everyone. 

I hope everyone is having a good day and that all of your visa processes are going without any trouble.

I am at the point right now, before scheduling my interview appointment. All previous steps have gone well so far. I have to schedule a medical appointment and gather a couple of documents before scheduling an interview at the consulate in my country. 

the question i want to ask is; in the list of documents i need, it says i must bring with me a certified copy of my fiances u.s. passport (bio page only). the situation is that my fiance doesnt have a passport, and i was wondering if there is any other document she can use instead? 

 

i thank you all who answer and hope everyone is well. 

 

(I appologize for my english if its inccorect)

How did you Fiancée visit you without a US Passport? After all that is a requirement for a K-1 visa. I am assuming you are the beneficiary and the "fiancé" is the petitioner. Is this the right assumption?


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

How did you Fiancée visit you without a US Passport? After all that is a requirement for a K-1 visa. I am assuming you are the beneficiary and the "fiancé" is the petitioner. Is this the right assumption?

Is it a requirement that the visit has to be done by the US citizen to the country of the beneficiary specifically? I thought it was required to have met at least once (anywhere really..) Learning every day I guess! 😀

I'm assuming the beneficiary visited the US citizen in the US?


 

USNLhome.jpeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Daphne K said:

Is it a requirement that the visit has to be done by the US citizen to the country of the beneficiary specifically? I thought it was required to have met at least once (anywhere really..) Learning every day I guess! 😀

I'm assuming the beneficiary visited the US citizen in the US?

You can visit anywhere in the world but I wasn't able to ascertain that from their post hence the question "How did you...". So, the question is did they meet in the US or in another country. I'm not assuming anything, I am just asking how they met to satisfy the K-1 meeting requirement within 2 years of filing the I-129f. If it was in the US then yes petitioner didn't need a passport. I can only opine to what I read in their post and that stood out to me.

Edited by Greenbaum

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

How did you Fiancée visit you without a US Passport? After all that is a requirement for a K-1 visa. I am assuming you are the beneficiary and the "fiancé" is the petitioner. Is this the right assumption?

Maybe the beneficiary visited the USA.   A USC is  NOT required to have a passport 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Maybe the beneficiary visited the USA.   A USC is  NOT required to have a passport 

I know that! Thats why opined later that that was a posibility.  Where did you see that I said  they couldn't visit in the US??. Nowhere! Jeeesh.


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RedAndBelle2019 said:

Hello everyone. 

I hope everyone is having a good day and that all of your visa processes are going without any trouble.

I am at the point right now, before scheduling my interview appointment. All previous steps have gone well so far. I have to schedule a medical appointment and gather a couple of documents before scheduling an interview at the consulate in my country. 

the question i want to ask is; in the list of documents i need, it says i must bring with me a certified copy of my fiances u.s. passport (bio page only). the situation is that my fiance doesnt have a passport, and i was wondering if there is any other document she can use instead? 

 

i thank you all who answer and hope everyone is well. 

 

(I appologize for my english if its inccorect)

Oh boy, haha. I should have explained it a bit better. Okay. I am the beneficiary. Living in Slovenia. I visited my fiancé, petitioner, in the USA two years ago. 

My fiancé never went anywhere outside her own state, so she never had a passport. I hope I'm explaining it right so far. We applyed for a K1 visa this year, and so far the everything went good. I received an email from.the USA consulate in Slovenia, to prepare the rest of the documents, before scheduling the interview. In the email from the USA consulate I got a list of documents I must bring with me to the interview. One of those things is a certified copy of my fiancé (petitioners) passport. The issues is that my fiancé doesn't have a passport,so can't make a copy of it. Maybe I could use a different document, like her ID card? It has the same information on it, right? Anyway, I apologize for the confusion. Have a good day everyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Daphne K said:

My husband sent me his original birth certificate (pretty sure a copy would also have been fine). Is your fiance a born US citizen?

Yes, my fiancé is a US born citizen. She doesn't have a passport,so she was worried about it. It's good to know I can use a copy of get birth certificate. Thank you for your answer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RedAndBelle2019 said:

Oh boy, haha. I should have explained it a bit better. Okay. I am the beneficiary. Living in Slovenia. I visited my fiancé, petitioner, in the USA two years ago. 

My fiancé never went anywhere outside her own state, so she never had a passport. I hope I'm explaining it right so far. We applyed for a K1 visa this year, and so far the everything went good. I received an email from.the USA consulate in Slovenia, to prepare the rest of the documents, before scheduling the interview. In the email from the USA consulate I got a list of documents I must bring with me to the interview. One of those things is a certified copy of my fiancé (petitioners) passport. The issues is that my fiancé doesn't have a passport,so can't make a copy of it. Maybe I could use a different document, like her ID card? It has the same information on it, right? Anyway, I apologize for the confusion. Have a good day everyone

Your post read absolutely fine to me! 👍🏻 

 

Yes, you can also use a copy of her ID card I guess. As mentioned, for my consulate the BC was also good.

 

Good luck on your interview!  


 

USNLhome.jpeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Direct quote from NVC website, documents required for the interview:

 

Proof of your U.S. petitioner’s status and domicile in the United States (photocopy of both sides of the Lawful Permanent Resident card I-551, Certificate of Naturalization, or U.S. passport).

 

Your US fiancee may have to get a US passport to satisfy this requirement, send an email to the US embassy/consulate where the interview will be held to make sure that a birth certificate is acceptable, since it is not listed.  A US passport can be applied for and received in 48 hours using a fast passport service.  Good luck with your interview!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, little immigrant said:

You said you visited two years ago. You need to meet within the last two years so if the two years are already passed very soon you need to visit again or your K1 gets declined. Please be aware of that. 

Nope just have to have met within 2 years of filing the I-129F 

 

 

OP Her BC should be fine to use.


K-1 + K-2:                                                                                                                                AOS from K-1 + K-2:

02/02/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX                                                                       08/25/16....AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

02/03/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX                                                                               08/26/16....Delivered at Chicago, IL

02/08/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail. Case sent to CSC                                                         09/01/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail

02/12/16....NOA1 Hard copy received                                                                               09/09/16....NOA1 Hard copy received

03/24/16....NOA2 (45 days)                                                                                                 09/15/16....Bio-letter received for K-1/K-2 for Sep. 26th

03/29/16....NOA2 Hard copy received                                                                               09/19/16....Bio appointment done (Walk-in)

03/31/16....Medical                                                                                                              11/01/16.....EAD/AP approved

05/26/16....Interview                                                                                                            11/16/16.....EAD/AP card received

06/10/16....Visa in hand                                                                                                       03/08/17.....AOS Approved - No interview

06/21/16....POE Atlanta                                                                                                       03/15/17.....Green cards in hand

07/30/16....Wedding                                                                                                    

                                                                                                                                       

 

ROC from K-1 + K-2:

12/08/18....ROC window opens

12/13/18....I-751 mailed to Lewisville, TX

12/14/18....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

12/20/18....Text with case number. TX service center

12/24/18....NOA1/Extension letter received

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

Nope just have to have met within 2 years of filing the I-129F 

 

 

OP Her BC should be fine to use.

A BC should be even better than an ID card. But if she's sending a copy of one, it won't hurt for her to send a copy of both - even if it's only for your own peace of mind.  Heaven knows there's enough stress that goes with an interview. Anything that helps you worry less is a good thing. Even if it's surplus to requirement :)


Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍
 
N400
06/30/2019 - Filed online
06/30/2019 - NOA1
07/16/2019 - Biometrics completed (early walk in - successful) 
⏱⏱⏱ ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, carmel34 said:

A US passport can be applied for and received in 48 hours using a fast passport service

At a cost of more than the whole I129F petition filing fees. Just use standard processing, and without proof of immediate international travel, you will not be able to get the 48 hour service anyway, as they require proof of pending travel. And it is only usually available for a renewal of a current passport. You have to have the oath done by an authorized agency for the first passport. The fastest I have seen a first passport issued is 7-10 days.

Edited by Loren Y

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...