dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2019

410 posts in this topic

A month ago we recived a 1 page letter in the mail with a case number and directions to complete DS-260 online at https://ceac.state.gov/IV. This was after our DCF i130 was approved for my wifes CR1.  When I enter the case# then wifes date of birth and press contiune it goes to an error page that reads "Your request cannot be processed at this time." 

I called the NVC multiple times and they were no help. Has anyone seen this before of have suggestions on what to do next?

visaerror.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, mex2lou said:

A month ago we recived a 1 page letter in the mail with a case number and directions to complete DS-260 online at https://ceac.state.gov/IV. This was after our DCF i130 was approved for my wifes CR1.  When I enter the case# then wifes date of birth and press contiune it goes to an error page that reads "Your request cannot be processed at this time." 

I called the NVC multiple times and they were no help. Has anyone seen this before of have suggestions on what to do next?

visaerror.jpg

When you called them, what did they say?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline
2 hours ago, mex2lou said:

visaerror.jpg

If you choose the pay the fees or ds260 application I believe u just need the case number and invoice number no date of birth. I would try a different link on CEAC, make sure ur in the right visa category. The option to “choose an agent” doesn’t really exist anymore and you should be able to pay both your fees back to back as soon as you are able to log in so I suggest trying to get into the site through the fees link. If you want the NVC to email you with updates, there are separate steps you can take to make sure they have that on file, that is on the NVC website 

Edited by Snd

27 minutes ago, Jaret&Rachael said:

When you called them, what did they say?

The first person wasn't helpful at all and said the case# was wrong because it was not in the system. The second person was more helpful and recognized that it was a direct consular filing and said i needed to contact the Mexican embassy because NVC doesn't handle DCF cases. 

4 minutes ago, Snd said:

If you choose the pay the fees or ds260 application I believe u just need the case number and invoice number no date of birth. I would try a different link on CEAC, make sure ur in the right visa category. The option to “choose an agent” doesn’t really exist anymore and you should be able to pay both your fees back to back as soon as you are able to log in so I suggest trying to get into the site through the fees link.

I got the link straight from the paper with my case# and there was no invoice number. Ill look around the site and see what i can find. 

appointment.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline
1 hour ago, mex2lou said:

The first person wasn't helpful at all and said the case# was wrong because it was not in the system. The second person was more helpful and recognized that it was a direct consular filing and said i needed to contact the Mexican embassy because NVC doesn't handle DCF cases. 

I got the link straight from the paper with my case# and there was no invoice number. Ill look around the site and see what i can find. 

appointment.jpg

I would definitely reach out to the embassy email at the bottom and let them know u need an invoice number to fill out to ds260. Also reach out to NVC through email or maybe their expedite department. Hard to do and a bit of a wait but worth the try. Hopefully the embassy knows exactly what you need to do

2 hours ago, Snd said:

I would definitely reach out to the embassy email at the bottom and let them know u need an invoice number to fill out to ds260. Also reach out to NVC through email or maybe their expedite department. Hard to do and a bit of a wait but worth the try. Hopefully the embassy knows exactly what you need to do

Thing is the invoice number is not required to continue the online process, only case# and date of birth. I will reach out to the embassy but i think for cr1 there is no invoice number so im not sure what i should ask. 

fgh.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi all... Can anyone explain what it means when NVC moves the status of all the submitted documents to accepted status with a green tick mark? How to know if the case is completed?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello. I’m visiting my husband in October and planning on staying there until his interview time. Our case was sent to NVC on 7/31. We don’t have case number of course but my question is, will NVC or consulate send us an email with the interview notice?  I’m worried that my interview notice will probably be sent after I’m gone. And is it true that original notice has to be brought to interview?

Timeline
17 hours ago, Madison S. said:

It can take up to 6 weeks. You can call the NVC to see if they have received your case, but from the point they receive it it can take another 8 weeks to get your case number. Mine was received by NVC on June 19 and I still do not have a case number. :(

Thankyou! How do they contact us when they have a case number? By email or my postal mail? And who do they contact the beneficiary or the petitioner? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
24 minutes ago, realmadrid23 said:

Thankyou! How do they contact us when they have a case number? By email or my postal mail? And who do they contact the beneficiary or the petitioner? 

They will contact you by email (though I’ve seen some people get snail mail too). I’ve seen people on VJ who unfortunately got neither, and simply got their case number and instructions for CEAC by calling the NVC. From my understanding, they contact the petitioner. 

Also, lots of people in this forum had their case received sooner and were assigned a case number sooner than me, so hopefully yours moves quickly!

Best wishes 

Marriage: 2018-12-28 [in Portugal]

I-130 Sent: 2019-02-24

I-130 NOA1: 2019-03-07

I-130 Approved: 2019-05-31

NVC Received: 2019-06-19 

Case/invoice number assigned: 2019-08-27

IV/AOS fees paid: 2019-08-28

NVC docs submitted: 2019-09-21 

DQ at NVC: 2019-10-08

Interview letter received: 2019-10-24

Interview date: 2019-11-06

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Madison S. said:

They will contact you by email (though I’ve seen some people get snail mail too). I’ve seen people on VJ who unfortunately got neither, and simply got their case number and instructions for CEAC by calling the NVC. From my understanding, they contact the petitioner. 

Also, lots of people in this forum had their case received sooner and were assigned a case number sooner than me, so hopefully yours moves quickly!

Best wishes 

Thankyou! I hope you get yours soon !  Yes, I have seen many people getting their case numbers pretty quickly.  I think we will call them after a week or so when there are 5 weeks after USCIS have sent them to see, whether they have our case number. Can the beneficiary call NVC?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
1 minute ago, realmadrid23 said:

Thankyou! I hope you get yours soon !  Yes, I have seen many people getting their case numbers pretty quickly.  I think we will call them after a week or so when there are 5 weeks after USCIS have sent them to see, whether they have our case number. Can the beneficiary call NVC?

I’m not sure about international calls going through — anyone else know about this? 

The information you have to provide is the USCIS receipt number or NVC case number, petitioned and beneficiary names, and birth dates. So long as you both have that and can get through the line to an operator, yes the beneficiary could also call! 

Marriage: 2018-12-28 [in Portugal]

I-130 Sent: 2019-02-24

I-130 NOA1: 2019-03-07

I-130 Approved: 2019-05-31

NVC Received: 2019-06-19 

Case/invoice number assigned: 2019-08-27

IV/AOS fees paid: 2019-08-28

NVC docs submitted: 2019-09-21 

DQ at NVC: 2019-10-08

Interview letter received: 2019-10-24

Interview date: 2019-11-06

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.