dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2019

410 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hey everyone, just checked the website and they're apparently assigning case numbers for cases received on July 19th. We called NVC and found out last week ours was received on July 15th!! I'm surprised we haven't heard anything yet. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
43 minutes ago, GraceJ21 said:

Hey everyone, just checked the website and they're apparently assigning case numbers for cases received on July 19th. We called NVC and found out last week ours was received on July 15th!! I'm surprised we haven't heard anything yet. 

After speaking to multiple operators on the phone, they said they actually can’t see the time estimate and it’s not necessarily accurate. I don’t know if this is true, but it’s what I’ve been told. My case was received June 19 and I have yet to get a case number (can take 8 full weeks). :( 

Marriage: 2018-12-28 [in Portugal]

I-130 Sent: 2019-02-24

I-130 NOA1: 2019-03-07

I-130 Approved: 2019-05-31

NVC Received: 2019-06-19 

Case/invoice number assigned: 2019-08-27

IV/AOS fees paid: 2019-08-28

NVC docs submitted: 2019-09-21 

DQ at NVC: 2019-10-08

Interview letter received: 2019-10-24

Interview date: 2019-11-06

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone! Quick question:

We do have a joint sponsor who meets well above the 125% poverty guidelines. We've uploaded the joint sponsors signed I-864, 2018, 2017, and 2016 tax transcripts. We've also uploaded our joint sponsors most recent paystub, proof of domicile, and proof of US Citizenship. We are currently getting a letter of employment from our joint sponsor's job as well.

In terms of my husband, who is a US citizen, has filed his 2018 taxes late. His IRS transcripts are not available right now.we've uploaded his 2017 and 2016 IRS transcripts, as well a letter that he has signed and dated, explaining why he does not have his 2018 IRS tax transcripts available, and that the original will be available during the time I (the beneficiary) go for my interview. We've also attached images that show his 2018 wages and income, and proof showing that his original tax return had been unsuccessful, and that he had re-submitted his 2018 taxes (he was too late to file for an extension.) We are also uploading an employment letter verification from his job and his signed I-864.

Am I missing anything? Do you think this will be enough?

Edited by Jaret&Rachael

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Jaret&Rachael said:

Hey everyone! Quick question:

We do have a joint sponsor who meets well above the 125% poverty guidelines. We've uploaded the joint sponsors signed I-864, 2018, 2017, and 2016 tax transcripts. We've also uploaded our joint sponsors most recent paystub, proof of domicile, and proof of US Citizenship. We are currently getting a letter of employment from our joint sponsor's job as well.

In terms of my husband, who is a US citizen, has filed his 2018 taxes late. His IRS transcripts are not available right now.we've uploaded his 2017 and 2016 IRS transcripts, as well a letter that he has signed and dated, explaining why he does not have his 2018 IRS tax transcripts available, and that the original will be available during the time I (the beneficiary) go for my interview. We've also attached images that show his 2018 wages and income, and proof showing that his original tax return had been unsuccessful, and that he had re-submitted his 2018 taxes (he was too late to file for an extension.) We are also uploading an employment letter verification from his job and his signed I-864.

Am I missing anything? Do you think this will be enough?

You can attach your actual tax return if you don’t have the transcript. You can also request a wages and earnings transcript that isn’t the tax transcript but something close to it.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Snd said:

You can attach your actual tax return if you don’t have the transcript. You can also request a wages and earnings transcript that isn’t the tax transcript but something close to it.

They are currently being processed so they are not available at the moment. Only the 2018 wages and income are available.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Jaret&Rachael said:

They are currently being processed so they are not available at the moment. Only the 2018 wages and income are available.

The tax return is the actual paperwork you printed out to mail or that was electronically sent to the IRS. You should have a copy of the original return and any corrections you submitted.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, GraceJ21 said:

I know you will hear something soon, if you don’t mind me asking, when was your case sent to nvc?

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Snd said:

The tax return is the actual paperwork you printed out to mail or that was electronically sent to the IRS. You should have a copy of the original return and any corrections you submitted.

Ah! I get it now, thank you! I will get that and upload that as well.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
14 minutes ago, MrsEze said:

I know you will hear something soon, if you don’t mind me asking, when was your case sent to nvc?

I really hope we hear back soon. NOA2 was June 28th and it was sent to NVC on July 9th. 

Timeline

Is anyone else waiting to be documentarily qualified? Would you mind sharing the date you received your NVC case number and the date you submitted the last of all your documents? My NOA2 was 5/31 and I received my case number on 7/18. Fees were paid 7/18 and showed paid on CEAC on 7/23. Docs for the AOS were submitted 7/23 and IV documents submitted 7/24.

Edited by Snd

37 minutes ago, Snd said:

Is anyone else waiting to be documentarily qualified? Would you mind sharing the date you received your NVC case number and the date you submitted the last of all your documents? My NOA2 was 5/31 and I received my case number on 7/18. Fees were paid 7/18 and showed paid on CEAC on 7/23. Docs for the AOS were submitted 7/23 and IV documents submitted 7/24.

I’m pretty much in the same boat as you and submitted on 7/24 as well. NOA2 on 5/10 case # 6/26 paid status 7/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi guys,

my husband and I have proceeded to collect and submit documents to the NVC.

But I wonder if we don't have to choose our agent. 

Now I can't click on the button "CHOICE OF ADDRESS AND AGENT" of our CEAC page. I might be able to click on it before we paid fees. We should watch the CEAC page carefully...

What can we do against this situation?

Help me...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cony said:

Hi guys,

my husband and I have proceeded to collect and submit documents to the NVC.

But I wonder if we don't have to choose our agent. 

Now I can't click on the button "CHOICE OF ADDRESS AND AGENT" of our CEAC page. I might be able to click on it before we paid fees. We should watch the CEAC page carefully...

What can we do against this situation?

Help me...

Sorry, I solved this problem maybe..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, Snd said:

NO2 4/12

case number 7/15

Sent AOS and DS-260 on 7/18

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.