490 posts in this topic

Just had my interview today. The interview Lasted about 15-20 minutes. The officer was very nice. He asked me the civics questions, I answered the first 6 correctly so we stopped there. Then, I read a question on the tablet and wrote a sentence he said. He went through pretty much the information on my application making sure everything was correct and then some of the Yes/No questions on the form. He told me I passed the test and He was recommending for my case to be approved and he printed a paper stating that I passed. Everything went fine, this were my 6 questions:

- what happened at the Constitutional convention?

- what parts is the Congress made of?

- what ocean is on the West Coast?

- what does the 50 stars on the flag mean? 
- who was the first President? 
- where is the statue of Liberty? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Husband had his interview in Charlotte today. He passed, yay! He also had a combo interview for his pending 751. She quizzed him good😂. He also gave more evidence to submit since filing ROC.  Although I was there in the waiting room, they interviewed him alone. And, of course, they don’t make a decision bc of the pending 751. So now we wait. But we’re almost at the end! I heard the guy at the counter telling some other folks there should be an oath ceremony in Jan. Hopefully my husband will have a decision and will make that one! 

Hi Guys, 

Interview has just been scheduled and I's like to start collecting the support documents as soon as possible. Can I ask to refer me to the appropriate comment (of there any) or can please somebody list the full set of supporting documents I should bring with me to the interview? 

Thanks in advance 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
12 minutes ago, А&А said:

Hi Guys, 

Interview has just been scheduled and I's like to start collecting the support documents as soon as possible. Can I ask to refer me to the appropriate comment (of there any) or can please somebody list the full set of supporting documents I should bring with me to the interview? 

Thanks in advance 

Someone in our (October) group just went to the interview, this is what was said in regards to papers:

My interview letter only said to bring with me the appointment letter, green card, passports, evidence of selective service registration. I also brought last five years of tax returns, birth certificates for my kids (all natural born US citizens), marriage certificate, marriagecertificate translation, own birth certificate, other odds and ends. NONE OF THAT was requested - the closest I got to any of those documents been requested was when I was asked "you are paying all of your taxes and you don't owe any back taxes, correct?". That was it.”

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

I had my interview this morning. It was scheduled for 7.55am this morning. We arrived early and sat in the car a little bit then went it and got checked in at 7.34am. Numbers were being called that were assigned after mine and each interviewer that came out I somehow thought they would call my name or number. About 8.05am, a gentleman came and called my number. My husband, daughter and I got up and walked towards him. He respectfully told my husband that he would not be allowed in the room. Lol. Upon entering the room, he told me to put my bag and folder on a chair and put me under oath. He then asked for my appt letter, gc and passport. We chatted a little then he asked me the following questions:

What is the name of the VP? 

What is the capital of the United States?

What age should men register for selective service?

What is the name of the national anthem?

Who is my us representative?

What is one reason Colonist came to America? 

He asked me to read Who lives in the White House and asked me to write the President lives in the White House. We then went through the form. He asked me the 50 yes/no questions had me sign the tablet twice. He then asked if I would be available for the oath on Sunday Dec 29. I said "yes, of course" then we chatted some more. He made me very comfortable during my interview. We spoke about children, culture and anything else that came up. He did not request any additional details from me even though I brought a huge folder bursting at the seams with evidence. He clearly went through my file based on certain things he mentioned regarding taxes and properties owned together. I was in his office for about 45/50 mins. The officer was great and seems to really enjoy his job. I enjoyed the interview.😊

Edited by IslandQueen

On 12/5/2019 at 7:55 AM, А&А said:

Hi Guys, 

Thanks in advance 

Hi, when is your interview? I am also from Chicago, so just curious to see how long do I have to wait for this notification. I applied on Oct 22nd.

I had my naturalization interview today and it’s took around 20 minutes. It’s was easy and smooth, officer was so friendly and she approved me for citizenship. She said Oath Ceremony in 4-6 weeks. So glad I am done with this part. She also did some corrections on my form N400 and updated it. Good luck everyone!

Filed: Timeline

Hi group,

My wife just had her N400 interview today.  She passed the Civics, Reading and Writing part but the I.O.  was not able to make a decision.  The I.O. didn't state exactly why but that we'll get a decision within the next 60 days.  Any of you had the same situation.

Now is waiting game............

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
16 minutes ago, EXP14 said:

Hi group,

My wife just had her N400 interview today.  She passed the Civics, Reading and Writing part but the I.O.  was not able to make a decision.  The I.O. didn't state exactly why but that we'll get a decision within the next 60 days.  Any of you had the same situation.

Now is waiting game............

Yes this is common. Some people will get approved within 48 hours. 

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Filed Aug 1 2019, Interview was Dec. 4, 2019. Decision cannot be made as says in the paper. Checked my status that night and they approved it. 

EEC810D8-C3F9-4EBB-9DA8-D66125EDE8F0.thumb.png.e115ab5bb8ad931d9d1accdb31668dd4.png  

Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, MC2001 said:

Filed Aug 1 2019, Interview was Dec. 4, 2019. Decision cannot be made as says in the paper. Checked my status that night and they approved it. 

EEC810D8-C3F9-4EBB-9DA8-D66125EDE8F0.thumb.png.e115ab5bb8ad931d9d1accdb31668dd4.png  

Thanks for the Update! ..  We were thinking we may have missed something major with the "Decision can-not be made yet"  ....but  This at least puts us at ease for now...  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.