490 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 1/30/2020 at 2:09 PM, angelbrown said:

🙏🏽🙏🏽

Received the letter in the mail that my husband’s 751 was transferred to the National Benefits Center to speed up processing. I’m confident it won’t be much longer. So... we’re almost at the end!🙌🏽

• 2 weeks later...

Just got notified that my oath ceremony has been scheduled for the next month in Nashville, TN.

The final step in this arduous immigration journey is finally coming to a graceful end. 

God is good!

Good luck to everyone else on this thread and I'm positive the wait will be over soon!

:)

Capture.thumb.JPG.87e8a9be9476f6bce3c4a8806239f06a.JPG

K-1 Journey: 118 Days (L)

Our AOS Journey: 79 Days (L)

Our ROC Journey: 396 Days (L)
APRIL
4/30/2018 - Documents dispatched to California (I-751) [Day 0]

MAY
5/03/2018 - Package received by USCIS [Day 3]

JUNE
6/04/2018 - NOA Notice Date [Day 36]
6/09/2018 - NOA Notice Date [Day 41]

FEBRUARY
2/28/2019 - Previous Biometrics Accepted Letter [Day 304]

MAY
5/21/2019 - Biometrics Appointment [Day 386]
5/23/2019 - New Card Being Produced [Day 388]
5/31/2019 - 10 Yr Green Card Received [Day 396]

Our Naturalization Journey: 

JULY
7/29/2019 - Documents dispatched [Day 0]

AUGUST
8/26/2019 - Biometrics Appointment [Day 28]

OCTOBER
10/03/2019 - Interview Scheduled [Day 66]

:thumbs:

Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Gunner49 said:

Just got notified that my oath ceremony has been scheduled for the next month in Nashville, TN.

The final step in this arduous immigration journey is finally coming to a graceful end. 

God is good!

Good luck to everyone else on this thread and I'm positive the wait will be over soon!

:)

Capture.thumb.JPG.87e8a9be9476f6bce3c4a8806239f06a.JPG

Awesome!! Congrats!

Attended my Naturalization Ceremony in downtown Denver yesterday. It was a judicial ceremony for people who applied for a name change along with their N400 application. We were a total of 150 new citizens from 50 countries. Oath was administered by a judge and we also received a signed and stamped form N-662 (petition for name change) along with our certificate of naturalization.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. 

Hi folks,

Anyone from Austin/San Antonio area having their oath ceremony on Feb 28 2020 or at the US Court House(5th Street) in Austin. Mine is scheduled at US Court House in Austin. I do not have a name change so I am guessing its an administrative ceremony. I am a bit confused why they placed me for oath at the US Courthouse as I checked at the judges calendar and there is no ceremony under any judge on the 28th of Feb most probably since mine is not a judicial one. Can there be an administrative oath ceremony in the court house? 

Please let me know guys,thanks

7 minutes ago, desiring_dream18 said:

Hi folks,

Anyone from Austin/San Antonio area having their oath ceremony on Feb 28 2020 or at the US Court House(5th Street) in Austin. Mine is scheduled at US Court House in Austin. I do not have a name change so I am guessing its an administrative ceremony. I am a bit confused why they placed me for oath at the US Courthouse as I checked at the judges calendar and there is no ceremony under any judge on the 28th of Feb most probably since mine is not a judicial one. Can there be an administrative oath ceremony in the court house? 

Please let me know guys,thanks

It's probably just a scheduling issue. We had a few people in our judicial ceremony in Denver yesterday who didn't have a name change. I  wouldn't worry about it.

Edited by Kante

5 minutes ago, Kante said:

It's probably just a scheduling issue. We had a few people in our ceremony in Denver yesterday who didn't have a name. I  wouldn't worry about it.

Hey kante, Thanks for your reply. I didnt quite understand your reply though. Scheduling issue? is there a way to find out if this is not an error about the date time and location. I couldnt find any ceremony on the court website. I understand it might not be presided by a judge as its not a name change one but there is no event on the court webpage about any administrative ceremony on that date. For that date I found no judicial ceremony either, What should i do

Edited by desiring_dream18

1 minute ago, desiring_dream18 said:

Hey kante, Thanks for your reply. I didnt quite understand your reply though. Scheduling issue? is there a way to find out if this is not an error about the date time and location. I couldnt find any ceremony on the court website. I understand it might not be presided by a judge as its not a name change one but there is no event on the court webpage about any administrative ceremony on that date

Oh, okay. You might want to either give the court or USCIS a call. My ceremony yesterday was held in a museum even though it was a judicial ceremony. 

1 hour ago, Kante said:

Oh, okay. You might want to either give the court or USCIS a call. My ceremony yesterday was held in a museum even though it was a judicial ceremony. 

I will call both places and schedule an infopass appointment as well.

12 hours ago, Kante said:

I called the court and spoke to judges deputy and he said there is one on that particular day. my confusion was that why its not listed on the judges calendar when other naturalization ceremonies are. Should I believe what the court deputy is saying

Just done my oath today in Chicago.

filed 8/16/19

interview 01/13/20

oath 02/19/20

i had a wonderful ceremony at the federal courthouse. My whole experience has been a pleasure with Uscis. Good luck everyone! You can do it!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Filed : August 1st

Interview : December 17th

Oath ceremony: January 31.

Passport Application: February 7

Passport in hands: February 14

Certificate was sent back:  February 20

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone! I just had my naturalization interview.

The interview took about twenty minutes.

It consisted of taking the oath, followed by six questions. I then took the reading/writing test.

at the end, we went over all my yes/no answers at the end of the application.  

my interviewer then handed me my approval letter.

However, while he was submitting everything, he told me that all files are now digitized and, after asking another interviewer, they established that one of my files “A-File” is still at NRC and that they would be unable to approve until they request that file.  

has this happened to anyone?

AOS Package Sent: March 30, 2016

AOS Package Received: March 31, 2016

NOA Received by Mail: April 7, 2016

Biometrics Appointment: May 10, 2016

Biometrics Walk-In: May 9, 2016

Interview Scheduled: July 14, 2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.