490 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
16 hours ago, Sammyjayt said:

Yeah I went for the interview today at the uscis office in centennial colorado. I was scheduled for 9am but I got there early but was able to get in at 8.20am , I checked in after going through the security. Then I was told to sit and wait for my name , I was called in at 8.46am, raised hand up and swear . Then he asked me 6 questions , who is my state senator? How many amendments do we have ? What's the capital of the United state? Who was the president during world war 1 ? Who is my representative representing my city in the house ? The movement that stopped slavery ? After I passed these six questions ,he asked me a question on the tablet in front of me , who was Abraham Lincoln, and he told me to read the question out then told me to write the answer on the tablet. Then he proceeded  to the yes or no questions, then he  to verified my former addresses and current one with me, then I signed somethings on the tablet. After he gave me a piece of paper saying have been approved.  I asked him regarding the same day naturalization  ceremony in Denver and he said they have stopped it but he said there is a ceremony coming up in 2 weeks and he will sign me up for it, and his sure I will be part of it. He told me that I will get the oath ceremony notice in the mail on or before the end of next week. I left the place at 9.15am . I'm glad its almost over . 

Congrats. For some reason I thought you were going for oath ceremony and you had already passed interview...anyways congrats 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hi Ljr3bd and PPSD. can you guys please share when did you receive notification for interview is scheduled online? And how long did it take for the letter to show on docs tab. it will be helpful for other applicants from the DC field office to know this info. Thanks in advance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I am a December filer and I was wondering if anyone of you has filed via Fairfax VA and has had their interview yet?

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hi @R&OC I live in Alexandria and my field office is Washington/Fairfax field office too. I filed in September 2019 and waiting for my interview. Look like they are currently sending interview notice for August filers. I am expecting to get the interview notice end of February or early March. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
On 1/17/2020 at 11:59 PM, Sammyjayt said:

Cant wait to get this over with . Hehe

Screenshot_20200117-235716_Chrome.jpg

Congrats! When did you file? We are October Filers and patiently awaiting our next info. Our wait time says 4 months and estimated completion date in 5 months. Was that accurate for you since you are also in Denver??

On 1/16/2020 at 12:39 PM, Sammyjayt said:

Yeah I went for the interview today at the uscis office in centennial colorado. I was scheduled for 9am but I got there early but was able to get in at 8.20am , I checked in after going through the security. Then I was told to sit and wait for my name , I was called in at 8.46am, raised hand up and swear . Then he asked me 6 questions , who is my state senator? How many amendments do we have ? What's the capital of the United state? Who was the president during world war 1 ? Who is my representative representing my city in the house ? The movement that stopped slavery ? After I passed these six questions ,he asked me a question on the tablet in front of me , who was Abraham Lincoln, and he told me to read the question out then told me to write the answer on the tablet. Then he proceeded  to the yes or no questions, then he  to verified my former addresses and current one with me, then I signed somethings on the tablet. After he gave me a piece of paper saying have been approved.  I asked him regarding the same day naturalization  ceremony in Denver and he said they have stopped it but he said there is a ceremony coming up in 2 weeks and he will sign me up for it, and his sure I will be part of it. He told me that I will get the oath ceremony notice in the mail on or before the end of next week. I left the place at 9.15am . I'm glad its almost over . 

Congratulations!!! 

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

14 hours ago, alborosie8090 said:

Congrats! When did you file? We are October Filers and patiently awaiting our next info. Our wait time says 4 months and estimated completion date in 5 months. Was that accurate for you since you are also in Denver??

I filed on Aug 25th , my estimate time still shows 4 months and april 2020 as completion time  but I don't think the time matters cos I'm preparing for my oath ceremony, waiting for the document with the date and time to show online. Denver has been averagely okay and am sure you will hear back from them before the end of Feb. 

14 hours ago, Giovanna024 said:

Congratulations!!! 

Thanks Gio

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
6 hours ago, Sammyjayt said:

I filed on Aug 25th , my estimate time still shows 4 months and april 2020 as completion time  but I don't think the time matters cos I'm preparing for my oath ceremony, waiting for the document with the date and time to show online. Denver has been averagely okay and am sure you will hear back from them before the end of Feb. 

Thanks Gio

Oh my goodness we are so happy for you! Congrats to you! That is awesome that it moved faster than anticipated and thank you for sharing. That is good to know and gives us some hope things will move more quickly as well. :) I certainly hope things move by February, it would be AMAZING! Can you let us know when your oath ceremony gets scheduled? I'm curious how far out those are in Denver after interview. Thank you sammyjayT! 

2 hours ago, alborosie8090 said:

Oh my goodness we are so happy for you! Congrats to you! That is awesome that it moved faster than anticipated and thank you for sharing. That is good to know and gives us some hope things will move more quickly as well. :) I certainly hope things move by February, it would be AMAZING! Can you let us know when your oath ceremony gets scheduled? I'm curious how far out those are in Denver after interview. Thank you sammyjayT! 

Yeah denver have been averagely okay in Processing N400, am sure before the end of Feb you will get your interview scheduled . My oath ceremony have already been scheduled , I'm just waiting for the document online to show cos right now I cant click on it , it says wait few days. They have also mailed the official copy, so whichever one comes first then I'll be able to know the date and time . Yours on the way . 

Edited by Sammyjayt

where I can see my estimated time on my account?

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

Just over 4 months until my I-751 expires (it was transferred to Lee’s Summit, MO in Nov 2019). They were muttering about an interview there (I live in CA) but Tier II now says that may not be required. N-400 is being “actively worked on” and has an estimate of April 2020. Perhaps a combo interview in Santa Clara? That would be an almost implausibly good outcome.

Tier II also says I will have to go get an I-551 stamp to remain lawful if my cases aren’t adjudicated before the expiration. Given the California backlog, I might just drive to Reno, NV for the stamp.

So close and yet so far from the finish line...

RoC Journey
09-04-2018 - I-751 packet sent to CSC
10-22-2018 - NOA1 date
10-31-2018 - Received NOA1 letter, LPR status extended to May 2020

07-09-2019 - Received biometrics appointment letter

07-10-2019 - Case updated again as 'Fingerprint Review Was Completed'

11-07-2019 - Case transferred to 'local' office in Lee's Summit, MO

03-05-2020 - notified that I-751 is now at the San Jose field office

10-23-2020 - attended combo I-751/N-400 interview - N-400 recommended for approval!

06-15-2021 - I-751 is approved! :)

Citizenship Journey

08-28-2019 - N-400 filed online

08-28-2019 - NOA1 and priority date (case estimate April 2020)

09-17-2019 - Biometrics appointment attended - case updated online as review complete

09-18-2019 - Case is being actively review by USCIS at the NBC

02-03-2020 - Case scheduled for interview on Super Tuesday!

02-19-2020 - USCIS cancels interview. :(

03-04-2020 - USCIS reschedules interview for 04/13/2020

03-19-2020 - USCIS cancels interview. :(
09-23-2020 - USCIS reschedules interview for 10/23/2020

10-23-2020 - attended combo I-751/N-400 interview - N-400 recommended for approval!

06-15-2021 - N-400 is approved! :)

07-10-2021 - Oath Ceremony at the San Jose field office. Now a US citizen! 🇺🇸

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.