Jump to content

bariki

Members
  • Content Count

    310
  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

About bariki

  • Rank
    Senior Member
  • Member # 226586

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • City
    San Jose
  • State
    California

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    Removing Conditions (pending)
  • Place benefits filed at
    California Service Center
  • Local Office
    San Jose CA
  • Country
    United Kingdom

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

2,586 profile views
  1. My interview is back on - Oct 23. Third time is the charm, I hope. Assuming it will be a combo I-751/N-400 affair like they originally planned to do before COVID hit.
  2. Similar story here - my interview was cancelled twice, last one was scheduled for Apr 14. Tier II gave me an estimate of sometime next June. myUSCIS still says the estimated time to completion is April 2020. Hmm, nope! XD
  3. Still no word on rescheduling my oath but I know my local office is backed up to heck. They did give me an ADIT stamp in my passport at least so I can prove my status and leave the country/come back without issue. Patience, I suppose, is once again required.
  4. Congrats, Suze1. That’s great news. ^^ Still waiting for any progress on my I-751 and N-400 cases. I was able to get an ADIT stamp in my passport so I can prove my status and - even more important - leave the country and get back in again. My extension letter ran out in May.
  5. My N-400 interview has been cancelled twice. I’m now undocumented but USCIS told me not to worry about it - unless I have to leave the country or change jobs. >.>
  6. My 18 months extension is up. Tier II told me not to worry - I was still a permanent resident and I would not accrue unlawful presence so long as my I-751 (and N-400) petitions are pending. Just, don’t leave the country or change jobs!
  7. Got an email from the San Jose field office saying they had received my I-751 packet. N-400 interview has been re-scheduled for Apr 13. So.. close..
  8. That was my guess. Cutting it pretty close - my 18 months is almost up. Gonna need an I-551 stamp unless they get a move on.
  9. I was supposed to have my citizenship interview last Tuesday, but USCIS cancelled "as per my request". Which I assuredly did not. When I called to ask them what was going on, they said they didn't know who cancelled the appointment. Great. Wednesday, I get an email saying my I-751 has magically arrived in Santa Clara, CA (where my N-400 is being processed) though the case status still says it is in Lee's Summit, MO. At least now my cases are in the same office. Perhaps.. soon.. maybe
  10. Well, mistake on the form or not, I got an email saying my citizenship interview has been scheduled. ^^ Just waiting for the documents to post online saying where and when.
  11. Welp, it took me five months, but I think I made a mistake on my N-400. “How many times has your current spouse been married (including annulled marriages, marriages to other people, and marriages to the same person)? If your current spouse has been married before, provide the following information about your current spouse's prior spouse.” I said zero. I starting to think I should have said one (including my current marriage). I've successfully completed biometrics and my case estimate is April 2020 - that hasn't changed since I filed my case. Should I poke the bear and write a letter to amend my application or leave it be? Most of me leans towards leaving it be and, if asked, explain that I made a genuine mistake. >.<
  12. They were muttering about an interview there but Tier II now says that may not be required. N-400 is being “actively worked on” and has an estimate of April 2020. Perhaps a combo interview in Santa Clara? That would be an almost implausibly good outcome.
  13. Just over 4 months until my I-751 expires (it was transferred to Lee’s Summit, MO in Nov 2019). They were muttering about an interview there (I live in CA) but Tier II now says that may not be required. N-400 is being “actively worked on” and has an estimate of April 2020. Perhaps a combo interview in Santa Clara? That would be an almost implausibly good outcome. Tier II also says I will have to go get an I-551 stamp to remain lawful if my cases aren’t adjudicated before the expiration. Given the California backlog, I might just drive to Reno, NV for the stamp. So close and yet so far from the finish line...
×
×
  • Create New...