Dashinka

Daniel Turner: California's latest descent into liberal madness – Berkeley bans natural gas

130 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: England
Timeline
15 minutes ago, laylalex said:

And before any of you men jump on me and say, wellllllll, this one time this one woman did this one thing, that does not mean that you can extrapolate out and say hey! This woman acted this way this one time, so... you know, they're all like that.

Not all women, probably not even most women. But men have to be right about the women they interact with 100% of the time. Just one bad-faith interaction out of thousands is enough to ruin a man's life.

-

“He’s in there fighting,” the president said. “Boris knows how to win.”

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

All this made me consider something, I had a call from a lady I know who had a major puncture a few miles away, so off I went to see what I could do.

Now where it happened was a stretch of road I drive down quite a lot, and thinking about it would I have stopped for a single female I did not know in such a situation, not sure I would. Well nowadays.

Personal standpoint here...  the police pretty much advise us, in this town at least to not accept help from strangers.. we've had a bunch of times where women have been abducted and raped alone on country roads when they have broken down. In a few cases a person pulled them over pretending to be a cop. They pretty much tell you to call 911 to confirm that the cop is indeed the cop! They also just advise that it's safer to call road assistance and never to get out of the vehicle when approached by a random. So no, as a single female with a bad tire? I'd either change it myself, or call road assistance.. and pass on offers from random passers by.. it's not about if you have good intentions or not.. it's just not safe these days.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

Personal standpoint here...  the police pretty much advise us, in this town at least to not accept help from strangers.. we've had a bunch of times where women have been abducted and raped alone on country roads when they have broken down. In a few cases a person pulled them over pretending to be a cop. They pretty much tell you to call 911 to confirm that the cop is indeed the cop! They also just advise that it's safer to call road assistance and never to get out of the vehicle when approached by a random. So no, as a single female with a bad tire? I'd either change it myself, or call road assistance.. and pass on offers from random passers by.. it's not about if you have good intentions or not.. it's just not safe these days.

Obviously my gut feel follows recommended practice.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

Not all women, probably not even most women. But men have to be right about the women they interact with 100% of the time. Just one bad-faith interaction out of thousands is enough to ruin a man's life.

And if a life time you will have thousands of interaction so your chances are pretty high of at least one if not more.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I agree that there are certainly some situations in which it is not appropriate to offer help; that is not what I was trying to say at all. yuna makes some excellent points. But the idea that men should wear body cameras to avoid being falsely accused of rape is just absurd. And Boris, if a woman did falsely accuse you, that is terrible. I have an ex-boyfriend who was falsely accused (he said) of sexual assault and he had to leave his little town in upstate NY for good. But I know more women who were NOT believed when they genuinely were assaulted/raped than men who say yeah, I was wrongly accused. I don't think my experience is really that singular.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I agree that there are certainly some situations in which it is not appropriate to offer help; that is not what I was trying to say at all. yuna makes some excellent points. But the idea that men should wear body cameras to avoid being falsely accused of rape is just absurd. And Boris, if a woman did falsely accuse you, that is terrible. I have an ex-boyfriend who was falsely accused (he said) of sexual assault and he had to leave his little town in upstate NY for good. But I know more women who were NOT believed when they genuinely were assaulted/raped than men who say yeah, I was wrongly accused. I don't think my experience is really that singular.

I agree that wearing a body camera is more than I would want to do and I assume most people would have  a similar view. So you need to be much more careful and try as best you can not getting involved in situations where you could be at risk. As Yuna said it is just not safe these days. 

Years ago never thought about it but times change.

IIt is sad when people avoid human decency and simple acts of kindness to avoid becoming targeted for nefarious reasons, both men and women. It has reduced to a joke or what if situation but its true

11 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Took a break. I get bored easily. There were no liberals or other middle of the road people around to debate, other than  ALFKAD. Just got a little boring posting something with no dissent opinions. 

Same here as well. That's why I stopped posting so much

1 hour ago, laylalex said:

What does any of this have to do with Berkeley? And how have we gotten on to the topic of whether or not a man should help a woman in distress? Believe it or not, not all women are looking for a way to sue a man, or to imply that there has been an assault when there has been one. This is like a version of that stupid rule that Mike Pence has, where he isn't allowed to be alone with a woman who isn't his wife. There was also a story the other week about some Mississippi state rep or senator who had the same rule, and it is just SO dumb. Are we all Jezebels looking to seduce you, or lure you into traps where we will sue you and/or report you to the cops? This is just SO asinine. There's a simple way not to get yourself in a position where a woman thinks you have ulterior motives: don't be a creep! If a woman doesn't want your help, she will tell you. And before any of you men jump on me and say, wellllllll, this one time this one woman did this one thing, that does not mean that you can extrapolate out and say hey! This woman acted this way this one time, so... you know, they're all like that.

Ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

You took us there.

I can think of 2 ####### situations in my life, and I think I have had a relatively sheltered existence. And no I did not see them coming.

I actually have one good situation of this that happened 20 years ago when I was a young 16 year old man working at the local animal shelter. Luckily I had other people both men and women back me up when a complaint was made against me by a girl who I turned down.

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I actually have one good situation of this that happened 20 years ago when I was a young 16 year old man working at the local animal shelter. Luckily I had other people both men and women back me up when a complaint was made against me by a girl who I turned down.

Good that you had witnesses.

5 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Good that you had witnesses.

Yeah I know right... The women went on there and set the record straight for me against the girl who was mad because I turned her down. Especially today I won't do anything like picking someone up unless there are witnesses.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
7 hours ago, laylalex said:

how have we gotten on to the topic of whether or not a man should help a woman in distress?

The digression enables us to reiterate that the correct spelling is "tyre," or should be, in regard to that round thing under one's car.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
11 hours ago, yuna628 said:

Everyone who drive a car should know how to change a tire.  Anecdotal story here, one day many years ago, I was heading up I75 in late December when I saw a woman walking away from her car that had broken down (did not appear to be a flat tire).  She was actually dressed very nicely in a skirt and high heels with about a two mile hike ahead of her to the next exit and temperatures well below freezing.  I thought I should stop and help or at least give her a chance to make a call or a ride to a service station, but then thought twice about it.  I did call 911 though and saw a state trooper a mile up, so hopefully, I did at least give her some assistance.  I know in today's environment even looking the wrong way where a woman might perceive I was looking at her could draw hot water, so as another thread from sometime ago discussed, I pretty much walk through the office with my head down.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

What is ridiculous, dear lady, is that men actually have to think this way to prevent a lawsuit.   Never happened until liberals started getting their way on a regular basis.

And then get ridiculed when a man actually states he will not be alone with a women who is not his wife.  @Cyberfx1024was lucky in his encounter that he had witnesses, many men do not, but I digress.  How did this thread degenerate from a story of Berkley banning new natural gas connections?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!