Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
23 hours ago, corymon said:

SENT I-129F : 7/22/19

RECIEVE DATE: 7/24/19

TEXT: 7/29/19

Letter: 8/1/2019

WAC #: Apparently not good

Service Center: California. Also, apparently not a good thing?

Is it for K1 or K3 visa? I filled I-130 PD July 18, 2019, IOE case, Nebraska Center. I just sent I-129F today for K3 visa, I’ll be posting updates as soon as I have them. 

With everyone filing in July getting IOE receipt number, I think they have finally transitioned the I-130 processing to ELIS. They planned to do this back in 2013, but failed miserably. 

Overall, the agency has changed the Transformation Program acquisition and deployment strategy three times since its initial Acquisition Program Plan in 2007. With its initial transformation approach, USCIS expected to deploy ELIS for all benefit types by 2013. However, USCIS spent more than $500 million between FY 2008 and FY 2012 to deploy one product line in ELIS. USCIS revised its Acquisition Program Baseline twice since 2008, but has been unable to execute any of these plans. These challenges have resulted in recurring schedule delays, totaling more than 4 years, and increased cost estimates of more than 400 percent.

https://www.oig.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/assets/2017-12/OIG-18-23-Nov17.pdf

It is very likely that the earlier I-130 IOE filings were used to validate the new system. Now that the system has been validated, I'm afraid that we all are in the same line as everyone else. However, at the very least, the ELIS system should make the adjudication process moving much faster than before. Also, it sounds like they are introducing an electronic transfer of data to NVC, so that wait after I-130 approval should eventually be smaller as well. 

Greetings from the Department of State's National Visa Center (NVC). We are contacting you regarding your recently approved immigrant visa petition. Based on your USCIS receipt number, your case benefited from a pilot electronic process for the I-130 petition. USCIS reviewed and approved your petition faster than average cases of this type as we develop the fully electronic transfer of data from USCIS to the Department of State.  We thank you for your patience while we continue to refine our process with these electronic petitions. We wanted to alert you that it will likely take longer than the 30-day timeframe mentioned on USCIS's approval notice to you. Despite this delay, please rest assured that we expect the overall time between filing your petition and completing processing with NVC will be far faster than average for this petition type. When we complete the data entry for your case you will be notified by email or letter.  This will include instructions on how to log into the Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) to begin case processing with NVC.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 7/18/2019 at 7:02 AM, S&J2013 said:

I don’t know.... I think a lot of us in July seem to be getting IOE receipts so I think we’re going to be some of the first ones getting approved under this new process. There seems to be a lot of confusion and not much information so far so I’m just going to follow the current expected times for the different centers and if we get it before that then it’s a bonus! 

Edited by Danielson
Accident

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Everyone :) 

IOE# received

PD 07/30/19

California Service Center! 

I moved to the U.S. from UK in September 2014 and visa journey definitely got us through the dark days!! 

This time its going to be a long haul, as we are filing for our over 21yr old son to move to the U.S.  But I’m so happy for this thread and good luck to everyone! 

Samantha 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
18 hours ago, Jmeleecur said:

I'm curious to see what happens with August filers also. It does seem like it's the new norm though

Well, I just got my text today, and from the USCIS website (haven't gotten my paper copy yet), it appears as though my official receipt date is August 2, and my number is IOE, so it appears it's either the new norm or we're all just getting "lucky" to be in the new system lol.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think from what I read if you use the new form you will get an IOE # , if you use the old form you will get the paper system. 

3 minutes ago, Michael Huff said:

Honestly I don’t know, it’s just what I read somewhere !

13 minutes ago, Toyenfad said:

Sorry if i may ask. Which one is old form and which one is new one,  although i got my own IOE receipt. For the benefit of those that want to file.

The latest edition of I-130 was introduced in Feb 2019, so I don't think it's related to the IOE receipt. I think starting from late June, people are starting to get IOE receipt likely due to a transition to the new online system.

On 7/19/2019 at 6:59 PM, ayestaci said:

Yeah, the ones I've found are just from going through the other month filing threads to be honest, haha. There's only been a couple.

Hello and good luck!! Hopefully Nebraska won't be too hellish for you with an IOE. Can only cross our fingers.

This is exactly what I've heard too, yup. Someone got this e-mail:

"Based on your USCIS receipt number, your case benefited from a pilot electronic process for the I-130 petition. USCIS reviewed and approved your petition faster than average cases of this type as we develop the fully electronic transfer of data from USCIS to the Department of State.  We thank you for your patience while we continue to refine our process with these electronic petitions"

Having said that, it seems like everyone in July got IOE receipt numbers, so maybe they've fully moved it over? Not sure. Did anyone file in July and not get an IOE number? Just curious!

Mine is IOE too, but yeah!! There were july filers that didn't  get the IOE number  too.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, Michael Huff said:

Does it help to file K3 ?

I've seen lots of discussions about this. People have said that after they've received their NOA1 for the I-130, they file for the K3, ultimately get denied, but then the I-130 is approved soon after the K3 denial. It sounds like people are beginning to think it brings the I-130 to the top of desk and moves out. This is all speculation, but I'm not sure I'd trust to go down that road.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Iamjuly said:

Mine is IOE too, but yeah!! There were july filers that didn't  get the IOE number  too.  

I'm curious where you saw the July filers without the IOE? I haven't really searched or anything- just wondering. But that's interesting if not everyone in July received and IOE- there seems to be no rhyme or reason to many aspects of this process! 

46 minutes ago, Jmeleecur said:

I'm curious where you saw the July filers without the IOE? I haven't really searched or anything- just wondering. But that's interesting if not everyone in July received and IOE- there seems to be no rhyme or reason to many aspects of this process! 

it's all over  Facebook. bunch of people posting their  receipt, not all July filers got IOE  they were assigned to another service  center too, but as I observed  plenty of us got the IOE though for July. We will find out if this IOE really  approved fast as per their email that this should process faster.🤞🤞

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.