S&J2013

I-130 July 2019 Filers

1,451 posts in this topic

Hi everyone so far 👋

Hopefully over time we will have a few more people join us on this thread and keep each other motivated during this process!!

If you haven’t already it’s really helpful to create a timeline as it will give you an estimate of approval time for your service Center too

Hello all. Been lurking but now I can join in.

Not much info to share as yet as package was only sent this week. It got delivered to the Chicago Lockbox yesterday (17th July), so just awaiting text/email confirmation etc.

The journey begins 😊

Recieved receipt # through text yesterday 7/17. We are also an IOE #

Waiting hard copy to know the service center.

I know some centers are moving faster with the normal process.

And I'm hearing that this IOE electronic processing is supposedly fast. 

But For processing times With the IOE # does it matter which service center we get?

1 hour ago, DennisWaldron said:

Recieved receipt # through text yesterday 7/17. We are also an IOE #

Waiting hard copy to know the service center.

I know some centers are moving faster with the normal process.

And I'm hearing that this IOE electronic processing is supposedly fast. 

But For processing times With the IOE # does it matter which service center we get?

I don’t know.... I think a lot of us in July seem to be getting IOE receipts so I think we’re going to be some of the first ones getting approved under this new process. There seems to be a lot of confusion and not much information so far so I’m just going to follow the current expected times for the different centers and if we get it before that then it’s a bonus! 

2 hours ago, corntop said:

Hello all. Been lurking but now I can join in.

Not much info to share as yet as package was only sent this week. It got delivered to the Chicago Lockbox yesterday (17th July), so just awaiting text/email confirmation etc.

The journey begins 😊

I noticed you’re UK / USA too 😊 so looking forward to sharing this journey through to London with you! 

Hello!

I need to go fill out my timeline but I'm not sure of service centre yet, as we just got the text receipt today. I'm also an IOE number, petition was sent last Friday!

Seems from here a lot of the IOE numbers are taking 2.5-3 months for NOA2 at the moment? Which would be REALLY nice. Though seems much slower at NVC stage than usual... hopefully that'll be debugged by the time we get there!

Edited by ayestaci

CR-1 VISA TIMELINE (LONDON EMBASSY)

26th May 2019 — Married 💕

12th July 2019 — I-130 sent

19th July 2019 — NOA1, assigned Potomac service center

17th March 2020 — NOA2!
21st March 2020 — NVC case number received, all fees paid
25th March 2020 — Fees accepted, DS-260 completed
26th March 2020 — All NVC documents submitted
19th May 2020 — DQ!
2nd June 2020 — Expedite requested (primarily medical reasons) 
5th June 2020 — Expedite approved by embassy
8th June 2020 — Case in transit NVC --> London

9th June 2020 — Call from London to schedule interview

16th June 2020 — Interview (221G, pending medical results, everything else fine)

17th June 2020 — Medical (mostly went well but something odd was showing on chest x-ray, cue stress)

22nd June 2020 — Medical confirmed all-clear and sent to embassy (P H E W)

2nd July 2020 — Visa status changed to issue, notification from courier

3rd July 2020 — Arrived at depot, informed I can't collect due to COVID-19 lockdown in Scotland. Had to get it rerouted (took a LOT of phonecalls)

4th July 2020 — Visa/passport received!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
19 minutes ago, ayestaci said:

Seems from here a lot of the IOE numbers are taking 2.5-3 months for NOA2 at the moment? 

Hey ayestaci, just curious - where did you get this info from ?

Just now, Saryal said:

Hey ayestaci, just curious - where did you get this info from ?

Just from browsing around the forums and timelines here. Can't speak for everyone of course, just noticed the people who did mention having IOE numbers and had their NOA2 already seemed to get it within around 3 months (even one person at Nebraska). 

17th March 2020 — NOA2!
19th May 2020 — DQ!

16th June 2020 — Interview (221G, pending medical results, everything else fine)

17th June 2020 — Medical (mostly went well but something odd was showing on chest x-ray, cue stress)

3rd July 2020 — Arrived at depot, informed I can't collect due to COVID-19 lockdown in Scotland. Had to get it rerouted (took a LOT of phonecalls)

8 hours ago, ayestaci said:

Just from browsing around the forums and timelines here. Can't speak for everyone of course, just noticed the people who did mention having IOE numbers and had their NOA2 already seemed to get it within around 3 months (even one person at Nebraska). 

I hope you’re right! We found out today our IOE receipt was sent to Nebraska 😭

I’ve not found any recent people with IOE receipts that have said when they’re approved, but there does seem to be bigger surge in issuing those this month so I guess we’re going to be the ones that everyone is looking at timeline wise.

Oh and hello from another U.K. / USA filer 😊👋🏻

Edited by S&J2013

Yeah I've read a few different posts as well where IOE receipts are getting processed/approved in a small amount of time, but then the NVC is taking a long time to assign a case number to be able to move onto the next stage? 

Hopefully they are ironing out any creases in this new electronic system so that we don't get held up too long. I'm assuming we will also get an IOE receipt based on people's replies here so far, but still waiting for our text at the moment to confirm.

4 hours ago, S&J2013 said:

I hope you’re right! We found out today our IOE receipt was sent to Nebraska 😭

I’ve not found any recent people with IOE receipts that have said when they’re approved, but there does seem to be bigger surge in issuing those this month so I guess we’re going to be the ones that everyone is looking at timeline wise.

Oh and hello from another U.K. / USA filer 😊👋🏻

Yeah, the ones I've found are just from going through the other month filing threads to be honest, haha. There's only been a couple.

Hello and good luck!! Hopefully Nebraska won't be too hellish for you with an IOE. Can only cross our fingers.

3 hours ago, corntop said:

Yeah I've read a few different posts as well where IOE receipts are getting processed/approved in a small amount of time, but then the NVC is taking a long time to assign a case number to be able to move onto the next stage? 

Hopefully they are ironing out any creases in this new electronic system so that we don't get held up too long. I'm assuming we will also get an IOE receipt based on people's replies here so far, but still waiting for our text at the moment to confirm.

This is exactly what I've heard too, yup. Someone got this e-mail:

"Based on your USCIS receipt number, your case benefited from a pilot electronic process for the I-130 petition. USCIS reviewed and approved your petition faster than average cases of this type as we develop the fully electronic transfer of data from USCIS to the Department of State.  We thank you for your patience while we continue to refine our process with these electronic petitions"

Having said that, it seems like everyone in July got IOE receipt numbers, so maybe they've fully moved it over? Not sure. Did anyone file in July and not get an IOE number? Just curious!

17th March 2020 — NOA2!
19th May 2020 — DQ!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.