Jump to content
Ajk3visa

Widow visa interview questions please!!!!!!

25 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone. 

Does anyone know which kinds of questions in the interview day will be asked for a widow who had her approved I 130 converted into an approved I 360 self petition?!. 

 

I heard the interview officer will ask questions from the forms were submitted at USCIS, but after my husband passed away, NVC converted those forms to an i 360 and they will send the approved I 360 to the US embassy for the interview, so where will the officer get the questions from? From the I130 and i 130a forms  before they were converted to an I 360 or from the I 360 form that was converted by NVC and sent to the US embassy?! 

Please help me figure out what kinds of questions a widow will be asked at the  interview day. 

I searched a lot in the Internet but i never find any website that talks about kinds of questions will be asked to widows who applied for GC. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think (only my opinion) they would ask 

where do you intent to live?

why do you still  want to go to US when husband died?

do you intent to work or study?

do you have other family here?

do you currently have a USC bf? 

questions of that nature

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with JeanneAdil and Try to be honest with your answers. 


I-130 Spouse Visa

April 1, 2016 - Married

April 26, 2016 - Filed I-130 abroad from Morocco

May 3, 2016 - Case accepted

May 10, 2016 - Received NOA1

August 25, 2016 - Case transferred to another office

September 15, 2016 - Case Approved! USCIS

September 27, 2016 - Received NOA2
October 5, 2016 - Case Sent to Dept of State

October 11, 2016 - Case Received by NVC

October 25, 2016 - NVC Welcome Letter Received

October 25, 2016 - Completed DS-261

October 25, 2016 - Paid AOS Fee

November 2, 2016 - Paid IV Fee

November 4, 2016 - Filed DS-260

December 1, 2016 - Sent AOS Packet to NVC from Morocco
January 29, 2017 - We Have our Baby in Morocco :D👨‍👩‍👦 👶
February 17, 2017 - We Received Appointment Letter From NVC
March 20, 2017 - THE INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED :dancing:
January 25, 2019 - Filed I-751 Remove Conditions

February 10, 2019 - Received NOA1

March 5, 2019 - Biometric APPT

Jun 18, 2019 - Interview & Approval

Jun 21, 2019 - Received 10 years GC ✔️

www.rehazu.com - Learn more about our International Marriage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

I would think (only my opinion) they would ask 

where do you intent to live?

why do you still  want to go to US when husband died?

do you intent to work or study?

do you have other family here?

do you currently have a USC bf? 

questions of that nature

Thank you so much. I hope they only ask those kind of questions and not more. I will be with my daughter at the interview day and the US embassy in Amstardam doesn't have a daycare. I am worried my 2 year old child may start screaming and interrupt me which may make the officer angry. Cuz i also heard it depends on the officer mood.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ajk3visa said:

Thank you so much. I hope they only ask those kind of questions and not more. I will be with my daughter at the interview day and the US embassy in Amstardam doesn't have a daycare. I am worried my 2 year old child may start screaming and interrupt me which may make the officer angry. Cuz i also heard it depends on the officer mood.  

Maybe somebody can come with you (not during the interview because that is not allowed in AMS) that can look after your daughter while you are doing the interview? Just so you will be able to focus on the interview?

 

Do you have somebody that you trust to look after her for that hour or so?


 

USNLhome.jpeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Daphne K said:

Maybe somebody can come with you (not during the interview because that is not allowed in AMS) that can look after your daughter while you are doing the interview? Just so you will be able to focus on the interview?

 

Do you have somebody that you trust to look after her for that hour or so?

No i dont have anybody to look after her. You mean somone who waits outside the embassy with my child to look after her while im doing my interview inside the embassy?! Its not a good idea cuz in the Netherlands they dont allow mothers to leave their kids with strangers, and i never do that, another reason, my child needs to be with me during the interview day cuz she will immigrate with me to the US although she has a US passport through her father so she is American. And cuz of that, she will be considered to the US embassy eyes, one of the bona fide marriage evidences and one of the reason why I want to return to USA and live there closed to her family there in the US. So she has to be with me inside the embassy. And if incase I found someone I trust to accompany us, he or she will not be allowed to enter without an appointment for them. This case is so complicated to me now :(. I never trust anyone to watch after her outside the embassy while im inside and im pretty sure the interviewer will ask about her to see her cuz she is my late husband daughter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ajk3visa said:

 Its not a good idea cuz in the Netherlands they dont allow mothers to leave their kids with strangers

I am Dutch! 😊😉

And I think no country would allow somebody to leave their child with a stranger..

 

I did not mean to leave her with a stranger, but with somebody you knew..

But as you stated, she will need to come in with you as she is also immigrating so that would not work anyway. 

 

Good luck on your interview, I hope all goes well!


 

USNLhome.jpeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Daphne K said:

I am Dutch! 😊😉

And I think no country would allow somebody to leave their child with a stranger..

 

I did not mean to leave her with a stranger, but with somebody you knew..

But as you stated, she will need to come in with you as she is also immigrating so that would not work anyway. 

 

Good luck on your interview, I hope all goes well!

If the child I s already a US citizen with a US passport , as stated, she herself is not immigrating .. she is relocating with her mother. The Consulate does not need to see her ... children of a relationship are unfortunately not strong evidence of a bonafide relationship for immigration.. 

IMO, if OP doesn’t have a suitable person to have her child stay with while at the interview, then she should notify the consulate that she needs to bring her child with her. I imaging they will need to know she is coming to the interview for security purposes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ajk3visa said:

Thank you so much. I hope they only ask those kind of questions and not more.

Probably will be simple questions. If "why do you still want to go to US?" is asked, then inform them that the US is the most viable choice for living with your daughter. As you mentioned in your other thread, your daughter only has US citizenship and the Dutch authorities are hesitant in giving both of you long-term status because they believe you'll get an immigrant visa for the US.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

If the child I s already a US citizen with a US passport , as stated, she herself is not immigrating .. she is relocating with her mother. The Consulate does not need to see her ... children of a relationship are unfortunately not strong evidence of a bonafide relationship for immigration.. 

IMO, if OP doesn’t have a suitable person to have her child stay with while at the interview, then she should notify the consulate that she needs to bring her child with her. I imaging they will need to know she is coming to the interview for security purposes 

When i read bona fide marriage, having a child is one of them. She was born after the marriage. I dont mean i need to have her in the enbassy to make the bona fide marriage evidence more strong, there are other reasons. Im not dutch. My child was born in my home country and my government didnt issue her my nationality so she only has one nationality, US. So instead they give her my nationality, they issued her a deportation paper to go back to USA just cuz her father isnt muslim. So i had to leave my home country and wait for my husband to visit us in the Netherlands until my wife visa get approved but he died. Then i had ro apply for asylum in the netherlands cuz i cant go back to my home country since its not safe for us anymore, but the dutch asylum was denied last week cuz of my strong ties to USA as my third safe country.  So i contacted the US embassy so many times to tell them the story.  So im pretty sure they want to see her and see her deportation paper from my home country to USA.  You can read my story in the ( if the petioner passed away in k3 visa section).

i guess they may ask for the asylum story report in my interview day and the denial decision letter too. Its just a complicated story. 

 

So i have a feeling my interview will be so long and with more additional questions about my asylum journey. And im tired of interviews cuz last week i was interviewed twice for the dutch asylum and it was denied cuz of USA tie. I have no ideas what kind of questions i will be ask at my us visa interview. I have interview phobia now after my dutch asylum interview was denied 😨

Edited by Ajk3visa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You will be fine.  Embassies and consulates see children with their parents all the time.  Answer their questions truthfully and explain your story when asked.  Although it's stressful try to be calm, look the officer in the eye and do your best to be confident and hopefully your US visa will be approved.  Good luck!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Lil bear said:

If the child I s already a US citizen with a US passport , as stated, she herself is not immigrating .. she is relocating with her mother. The Consulate does not need to see her ... children of a relationship are unfortunately not strong evidence of a bonafide relationship for immigration.. 

IMO, if OP doesn’t have a suitable person to have her child stay with while at the interview, then she should notify the consulate that she needs to bring her child with her. I imaging they will need to know she is coming to the interview for security purposes 

I totally agree with you @Lil bear. On my interview day I was worried too about my US born son who is 2, I knew it would be a bad idea going in with him because he always wants my full attention, so I simply had a friend come with me and he sat in the car with my kids and I went to the interview holding just their birth certificates and passports. To OP trust me, the US embassy is aware about your child (they don't joke with their citizen kids) questions came up about them and I answered truthfully and when asked where they were, I said in the car outside with a friend looking after them. To OP, just like @Lil bear said they are relocating and will not be a problem if your kid stays out with someone you trust meanwhile you concentrate on your interview, because you never can guess the CO's mood especially if you stand infront of the booth and being asked questions and you are busy minding your kid. All the same good luck and remember most questions will be focused on you and your late husband, do not forget any bit of info which concerns him, how he passed away, who was there, how long did you stay together,does he have any kids,where is his family,how did he get to the states,who will support you while there,do you intend to remarry,where did you work before,how did you meet,when and where did you get married etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The child will be fine. Bring her a toy or paper and coloring pencils to keep entertained while you’re interviewing/waiting on the next step. Some snacks and water if it’s a long wait. 


Removal of Conditions Journey

3/3/2009 - Removal of conditions - sent off packet to CSC

3/5/2009 - I-751 received in CSC

3/9/2009 - Check cashed

3/20/2009 - Biometrics notice received (no NOA1)

4/2/2009 - Biometrics

4/9/2009 - NOA1 date (first undelivered one is 3/5)

4/3/2009 - Touch?

5/6/2009 - ROC Approval - 65 days

6/22/2009 - CRIS Card production ordered email

7/7/2009 - GC arrived!

Naturalization Journey

3/03/2010 N400 sent to Arizona Lockbox

3/15/2010 Check cashed

3/17/2010 NOA1

3/18/2010 - Biometrics notice sent

3/26/2010 Early biometrics done at an ASC different from the one assigned to (Original BIO date was 4/15)

4/30/2010 Yellow letter received and info from USCIS mil line they are working on my interview letter (6/17 appt)

5/1/2010 Text and email interview letter sen

5/6/2010 Interview letter received - scheduled for 6/17/2010 at 10:05am

6/17/2010 Interview appointment - PASSED

6/29/2010 US Citizen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, mniceguy16 said:

I totally agree with you @Lil bear. On my interview day I was worried too about my US born son who is 2, I knew it would be a bad idea going in with him because he always wants my full attention, so I simply had a friend come with me and he sat in the car with my kids and I went to the interview holding just their birth certificates and passports. To OP trust me, the US embassy is aware about your child (they don't joke with their citizen kids) questions came up about them and I answered truthfully and when asked where they were, I said in the car outside with a friend looking after them. To OP, just like @Lil bear said they are relocating and will not be a problem if your kid stays out with someone you trust meanwhile you concentrate on your interview, because you never can guess the CO's mood especially if you stand infront of the booth and being asked questions and you are busy minding your kid. All the same good luck and remember most questions will be focused on you and your late husband, do not forget any bit of info which concerns him, how he passed away, who was there, how long did you stay together,does he have any kids,where is his family,how did he get to the states,who will support you while there,do you intend to remarry,where did you work before,how did you meet,when and where did you get married etc.

Thanks a lot.  So i should start making friends to find a good friend who i can trust so he or she may accompany me to the embassy. Yes my child hates it when i dont pay her full attention while i talk to someone else and she starts yelling at me and the other person I'm talking to and screams NO so i pay her full attention and she jumps on me asking me to carry her all the time and then i will never have a chance to continue talking to a friend so its not a good idea to have her inside the embassy with me at the interview day cuz she may cry begging me to let her enter through the interview window to talk to the interview officer instead of me otherwise she starts her tantrum disaster and the whole ppl inside the embassy will try to calm her down but she will never calm down till she does what she asked for lol. She did that a lot during my doctors appointments. Pray for me all i find a good trusted friend who agrees to babysit her during my interview day 😥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ajk3visa said:

Thanks a lot.  So i should start making friends to find a good friend who i can trust so he or she may accompany me to the embassy. Yes my child hates it when i dont pay her full attention while i talk to someone else and she starts yelling at me and the other person I'm talking to and screams NO so i pay her full attention and she jumps on me asking me to carry her all the time and then i will never have a chance to continue talking to a friend so its not a good idea to have her inside the embassy with me at the interview day cuz she may cry begging me to let her enter through the interview window to talk to the interview officer instead of me otherwise she starts her tantrum disaster and the whole ppl inside the embassy will try to calm her down but she will never calm down till she does what she asked for lol. She did that a lot during my doctors appointments. Pray for me all i find a good trusted friend who agrees to babysit her during my interview day 😥

No, if you don't know anyone,I advice you take her along. The embassy always has a section with toys for kids and I am sure your child won't be the only child in there so she will be able to make new "friends" . You may be lucky that during your interview, she falls asleep in your arms and everything will be smooth. I was fortunate to have someone who accepted to help me stay with my kids (6 & 2). I was thinking of asking you, have you thought about getting your police report from Saudi Arabia ready? Because you will definitely need one from there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...