Ajk3visa

Widow visa interview questions please!!!!!!

25 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, mniceguy16 said:

I totally agree with you @Lil bear. On my interview day I was worried too about my US born son who is 2, I knew it would be a bad idea going in with him because he always wants my full attention, so I simply had a friend come with me and he sat in the car with my kids and I went to the interview holding just their birth certificates and passports. To OP trust me, the US embassy is aware about your child (they don't joke with their citizen kids) questions came up about them and I answered truthfully and when asked where they were, I said in the car outside with a friend looking after them. To OP, just like @Lil bear said they are relocating and will not be a problem if your kid stays out with someone you trust meanwhile you concentrate on your interview, because you never can guess the CO's mood especially if you stand infront of the booth and being asked questions and you are busy minding your kid. All the same good luck and remember most questions will be focused on you and your late husband, do not forget any bit of info which concerns him, how he passed away, who was there, how long did you stay together,does he have any kids,where is his family,how did he get to the states,who will support you while there,do you intend to remarry,where did you work before,how did you meet,when and where did you get married etc.

Just one more questions,  why are they gonna ask me who will support me there if they know im waived from the AOS. And what should i answer them if they asked me who will support me?! Can i tell them no i am not gonna depend on anyone to support me and my child and i will support my own by working?! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, Ajk3visa said:

Just one more questions,  why are they gonna ask me who will support me there if they know im waived from the AOS. And what should i answer them if they asked me who will support me?! Can i tell them no i am not gonna depend on anyone to support me and my child and i will support my own by working?! 

Sorry I was referring to support with regards to accomodation.

1 minute ago, Ajk3visa said:

Of course you can, why do you think you should not say that you will look after yourself?

please just answer all the questions honestly, don’t try to look for favorable answers because that will not work! 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

13 minutes ago, mniceguy16 said:

No, if you don't know anyone,I advice you take her along. The embassy always has a section with toys for kids and I am sure your child won't be the only child in there so she will be able to make new "friends" . You may be lucky that during your interview, she falls asleep in your arms and everything will be smooth. I was fortunate to have someone who accepted to help me stay with my kids (6 & 2). I was thinking of asking you, have you thought about getting your police report from Saudi Arabia ready? Because you will definitely need one from there.

That will be so great if they have section for toys. My lawyer asked the NVC and they told her she can make a waiver for that. I got a police certificate from the Netherlands last week. The lawyer will make a waiver for my saudi police certificate and my original BC cuz that also was taking by my broher. So i only miss 2 papers that need waiver, saudi police certificate and original birth certificate. At least i have a copy in my email of my BC. 

6 minutes ago, mniceguy16 said:

Sorry I was referring to support with regards to accomodation.

I hope they dont ask me the question about financial support. I already started applying for jobs and i will definitly support myself and child and not ask anyone for money. I hope this is gonna be an ok answer for the embassy. 

Timeline
Just now, Ajk3visa said:

That will be so great if they have section for toys. My lawyer asked the NVC and they told her she can make a waiver for that. I got a police certificate from the Netherlands last week. The lawyer will make a waiver for my saudi police certificate and my original BC cuz that also was taking by my broher. So i only miss 2 papers that need waiver, saudi police certificate and original birth certificate. At least i have a copy in my email of my BC. 

All I can offer to you and your child now  are my prayers and best wishes. Once everything is set and when you go in for your interview, have confidence in yourself and before you will realise it, you will be out of there with a recomendation for visa approval.

Just now, mniceguy16 said:

All I can offer to you and your child now  are my prayers and best wishes. Once everything is set and when you go in for your interview, have confidence in yourself and before you will realise it, you will be out of there with a recomendation for visa approval.

I hope so thanks for your prayer. I'm tired of everyting. Just need to settle down and live normally again like normal ppl and worry about normal small things that happen to normal ppl like my child school and requorements and paying rent on time, not about big crazy things, immigration and deportation,  like my situation now. 

Timeline
Just now, Ajk3visa said:

I hope so thanks for your prayer. I'm tired of everyting. Just need to settle down and live normally again like normal ppl and worry about normal small things that happen to normal ppl like my child school and requorements and paying rent on time, not about big crazy things, immigration and deportation,  like my situation now. 

There is always light at the end of the tunnel. Happiness nor sadness never really last, we live in a world in which we have to struggle with new challenges everyday. Just put in your mind that there are people who are in worse situations than you are. You did not meet your late husband before his final crossing to the other world, but you will have the chance to go visit his resting place with some flowers very soon, just be strong and look at your beautiful kid and say to yourself that nothing good comes easily.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.