AI135

N-400 July 2019 Filers!!! Join here!!!

1,242 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, Matt72 said:

Had my rescheduled (from March) Naturalization Interview this morning (Los Angeles)

everything went well - pretty standard but quite thorough.. I had divorce and traffic ticket paperwork to go through. apart from that I didn't have to show any extra documentation (taxes etc) apart from the permanent resident card, drivers license and passport.

pleasantly surprised to be told the Oath would be happening on the same day too, so it's all being taken care of at one time.

I was still happy to have over prepared just in case anything else had been asked for, as these things can change from officer to officer.

I won't make a long post - but am happy to answer any questions regarding how the process works in L.A. right now if anybody wants to know. 

Congratulations Matt. I just found out from USCIS that my interview was rescheduled Today. It will be Aug. 6! (Previously scheduled Apr. 2 and got cancelled.) Haven’t got my paper mail yet but getting excited!
I have a question for you regarding Proof of Selected Services. I am pretty sure it doesn’t apply to me as I got my green card after 40 years old, but somehow the interview letter mentions that I should bring it. Did your interview letter ask you to bring that? And if it does, did the officer ask anything about it? 
Another question is that did you have a face to face interview? (Or was it an interview through camera?)

Thanks in advance!

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Iamornext said:

@Jeff and Willy congrats! did you call them or checked on website? 

USCIS Website:

myaccount.uscis.gov

under document tab

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Okay thank you, I have been checking that at least twice daily. I was scheduled for the 04/03 in la but got canceled. 

1 hour ago, Jeff and Willy said:

Congratulations Matt. I just found out from USCIS that my interview was rescheduled Today. It will be Aug. 6! (Previously scheduled Apr. 2 and got cancelled.) Haven’t got my paper mail yet but getting excited!
I have a question for you regarding Proof of Selected Services. I am pretty sure it doesn’t apply to me as I got my green card after 40 years old, but somehow the interview letter mentions that I should bring it. Did your interview letter ask you to bring that? And if it does, did the officer ask anything about it? 
Another question is that did you have a face to face interview? (Or was it an interview through camera?)

Thanks in advance!

Thank you! 

as for the selected service thing - on my interview letter it states 'any evidence of selective service registration' which I read as 'If it applies to you'

the Officer only mentioned it as part of asking in person most questions from the N-400 ("have you ever been".. etc.) and they all got a 'NO' from me!

I'm pretty sure any of this would only apply if you'd been in the country between 18 and 26 (bit of a civics test there)

the interview was face to face.. masks on throughout of course - the Officer was at a desk but had a protective screen up.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Matt72 said:

Thank you! 

as for the selected service thing - on my interview letter it states 'any evidence of selective service registration' which I read as 'If it applies to you'

the Officer only mentioned it as part of asking in person most questions from the N-400 ("have you ever been".. etc.) and they all got a 'NO' from me!

I'm pretty sure any of this would only apply if you'd been in the country between 18 and 26 (bit of a civics test there)

the interview was face to face.. masks on throughout of course - the Officer was at a desk but had a protective screen up.

Thank you Matt for the quick reply. This is very helpful. I will report back when I complete my interview. Thanks again!

2 minutes ago, Jeff and Willy said:

Thank you Matt for the quick reply. This is very helpful. I will report back when I complete my interview. Thanks again!

you're very welcome!

Good Luck with the Interview - another local tip I can think of is: don't go to the 'Los Angeles mall' to Park.. it is directly across from the Federal Building, but currently for staff only due to Covid-19. there were a few other 'no public parking' signs up around there too.

I found Public Parking in the Aiso Parking garage, just a few minute's walk away.

Hi Guys.
How to plan traveling?
My  N-400 ETC is October 2020 ( applied October 2019) 

I need to go to my country, so should I wait till October or it won’t be October anyway? 
so frustrating 

Congratulations to all who received their letters recently. And best of luck in your interviews!

My interview was also scheduled on July 15th to August 11th (originally scheduled for March 31st) at the Newark office. I haven't received a letter in the mail, but did see in the documents section that a new document was uploaded. 

Hang in there friends, yours is coming too!! 

On 7/17/2020 at 6:39 PM, Dmitrii said:

Hi Guys.
How to plan traveling?
My  N-400 ETC is October 2020 ( applied October 2019) 

I need to go to my country, so should I wait till October or it won’t be October anyway? 
so frustrating 

Dmitrii, hard to tell. Some USCIS offices are processing their applications quite fast, whereas in other part of the country it is not. USCIS will send you at least 3-6 weeks in advance, your letter scheduling your interview. Good luck!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Update: Wifey got her rescheduled Interview date for July 29th. Apparently the notice was available in myuscis.gov website on July 15th and while we received previous notifications by email and by text message when status changed in the website, we did not get any this time. Wonder if corona virus got to the USCIS systems as well. 

I am happy in a way she got her interveiw date but anxious as well due to COVID-19 and we really haven't stepped out much in the past 4 months. USCIS needs to enact video interview asap. 

6 hours ago, kiwiflower said:

Congratulations to all who received their letters recently. And best of luck in your interviews!

My interview was also scheduled on July 15th to August 11th (originally scheduled for March 31st) at the Newark office. I haven't received a letter in the mail, but did see in the documents section that a new document was uploaded. 

Hang in there friends, yours is coming too!! 

Thanks for the update and good to know that interviews are finally getting rescheduled. I was originally scheduled for April 8th. 

My naturalization ceremony is scheduled for July 31 in Chicago!  I'm relieved it's finally happening, but also very nervous about going into office buildings, encountering people in close quarters, etc, during the time of corona.  Too bad Chicago USCIS field office is not doing drivethrough ceremonies!  Has anyone else gone through the naturalization ceremony recently in Chicago?  If so, how was your experience?  Did they do a good job of trying to maintain social distancing?  How long was the ceremony, what happens during it, etc?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.