AI135

N-400 July 2019 Filers!!! Join here!!!

1,242 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Just passed my interview, I couldn’t get my oath schedule. They asked for more documents, for those who are waiting to attend theirs. You should bring updated documents (from when you filed until interview) with you and your spouse’s name (marriage based). Good luck, I thought it was going to be over today. Now I have to wait for the oath

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 9/24/2020 at 3:34 PM, Iamornext said:

Just passed my interview, I couldn’t get my oath schedule. They asked for more documents, for those who are waiting to attend theirs. You should bring updated documents (from when you filed until interview) with you and your spouse’s name (marriage based). Good luck, I thought it was going to be over today. Now I have to wait for the oath

Interesting, they didn't even ask to see my marriage certificate. Just passport, green card and state ID. 

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Thegirl said:

Interesting, they didn't even ask to see my marriage certificate. Just passport, green card and state ID. 

Lucky you 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Thegirl said:

They are requesting for documents I had submitted before getting my 2 years green card. This is frustrating, it’s like starting over. I need to start looking so I can respond immediately 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just now, Iamornext said:

They are requesting for documents I had submitted before getting my 2 years green card. This is frustrating, it’s like starting over. I need to start looking so I can respond immediately 

That sounds very frustrating!!! Hope you'll get to the finish line soon. 

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Timeline
1 minute ago, Thegirl said:

That sounds very frustrating!!! Hope you'll get to the finish line soon. 

Thank you, I thought I was 🙂. I am hoping this doesn’t affect my trip on November 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
2 hours ago, Iamornext said:

oh really. I am preparing for my interview next week. I guess I will bring updated joint bank statement, past 3 years Tax return, insurance beneficiary, joint mortgage statement? ???  But I have already submitted those with the application, uploaded online. Did they ask for the same thing you submitted with your application or just the current month? How many months should I prepare? omg .. I will have to print everything now? but on my letter it just said - bring green card, passport /marriage certificate, spouse birth certificate and the originals document if copies of document were submitted.  

I-751 Process:

VSC received Petition: June 18, 2018
NOA Date: June 20, 2018
Biometrics Date: July 26, 2018
Approval Date: July 12, 2019
Card received Date: July 20, 2019

N-400 Process:
N400 filed online: July 20, 2019
Biometrics Date: August 12, 2019
Interview Date: October 6, 2020
Approval Date: October 9, 2020
Oath Ceremony scheduled notice: October 14, 2020
Oath Ceremony Date: November 24, 2020

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Gijo12 said:

oh really. I am preparing for my interview next week. I guess I will bring updated joint bank statement, past 3 years Tax return, insurance beneficiary, joint mortgage statement? ???  But I have already submitted those with the application, uploaded online. Did they ask for the same thing you submitted with your application or just the current month? How many months should I prepare? omg .. I will have to print everything now? but on my letter it just said - bring green card, passport /marriage certificate, spouse birth certificate and the originals document if copies of document were submitted.  

For your own good bring everything from the day you filed to date... I followed the instruction on the letter now they want me to bring things that I had submitted from the beginning. Can you believe that? 

Timeline
On 9/29/2020 at 6:35 PM, Iamornext said:

For your own good bring everything from the day you filed to date... I followed the instruction on the letter now they want me to bring things that I had submitted from the beginning. Can you believe that? 

Omg yes the officer did ask about the 2019 tax return and all the bank statement. The officer was cold. The note I was given saying I passed the English written test. But decision cannot be made and I should expect a mail. Should I be worried?

I-751 Process:

N-400 Process:

Timeline
On 8/31/2020 at 11:10 AM, christophec said:

My interview date is scheduled for September 30th, at NY FEDERAL PLAZA

How was your interview?

I-751 Process:

N-400 Process:

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Gijo12 said:

Omg yes the officer did ask about the 2019 tax return and all the bank statement. The officer was cold. The note I was given saying I passed the English written test. But decision cannot be made and I should expect a mail. Should I be worried

21 minutes ago, Gijo12 said:

Omg yes the officer did ask about the 2019 tax return and all the bank statement. The officer was cold. The note I was given saying I passed the English written test. But decision cannot be made and I should expect a mail. Should I be worried?

You did not bring those with you? Did they talk about RFE? If not then you shouldn’t worry. You just might get scheduled for oath 

Edited by Iamornext

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Iamornext said:

@lamornext Yes I bought everything the officer asked for 2019 tax return, few joint accounts statement, mortgage statements. The officer put everything in that big folder and with the result letter, which I got that letter. Didn't mention any RFE
On the result letter: these boxes were checked for" You passed the tests ..." , "USCIS will send you a written decision about your application".. " B) You decision cannot yet be made bout your application"
The officer had a straight face the whole time. For example, the officer asked if I have traveled more than 6 months before during those trips. I asked " for the past 5 years?"  and officer nodded. I said "I was in XXX during 2014-2016". Then the officer was like " that's before you received your immigration status!!!!" like yelling back at me. Then I said " I am sorry. Then no, thank you" I got so scared. After two more questions about something else, I tried to tell her the mistake I made on the application about the return date (I mention couple weeks ago in this post) she looked at me and ignore it and then continue asking the next questions to "have you ever" section. Would that be why decision cannot be made? so scary. no small conversation, no smiling( though we had masks on, I can tell). At the end, the officer handed me the result paper. I said thank you very much and then the only time I heard the officer said have a nice day. I wonder how long I will receive the written decision. Thank you everyone here. You guys helped me a lot!! 

I-751 Process:

N-400 Process:

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Gijo12 said:

@lamornext Yes I bought everything the officer asked for 2019 tax return, few joint accounts statement, mortgage statements. The officer put everything in that big folder and with the result letter, which I got that letter. Didn't mention any RFE
On the result letter: these boxes were checked for" You passed the tests ..." , "USCIS will send you a written decision about your application".. " B) You decision cannot yet be made bout your application"
The officer had a straight face the whole time. For example, the officer asked if I have traveled more than 6 months before during those trips. I asked " for the past 5 years?"  and officer nodded. I said "I was in XXX during 2014-2016". Then the officer was like " that's before you received your immigration status!!!!" like yelling back at me. Then I said " I am sorry. Then no, thank you" I got so scared. After two more questions about something else, I tried to tell her the mistake I made on the application about the return date (I mention couple weeks ago in this post) she looked at me and ignore it and then continue asking the next questions to "have you ever" section. Would that be why decision cannot be made? so scary. no small conversation, no smiling( though we had masks on, I can tell). At the end, the officer handed me the result paper. I said thank you very much and then the only time I heard the officer said have a nice day. I wonder how long I will receive the written decision. Thank you everyone here. You guys helped me a lot!! 

No need to worries, the officer isn’t obligated to be nice. You will most likely get approved. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Iamornext said:

No need to worries, the officer isn’t obligated to be nice. You will most likely get approved. 

omg I just realize the A-Number on the result letter N652... was not my green card number. what is going on with the officer? What do I do?

I-751 Process:

N-400 Process:

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Gijo12 said:

omg I just realize the A-Number on the result letter N652... was not my green card number. what is going on with the officer? What do I do?  

I will call them if I was you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.