AI135

N-400 July 2019 Filers!!! Join here!!!

1,242 posts in this topic

On 6/21/2020 at 11:16 PM, Ikeyes said:

Hello everyone, 

I would like to find out when someone who obtain a greencard through vawa can file for naturalization.To be precise, obtained conditional greencard in March, 2017, and obtain ten year green card through VAWA in June,2019.Please help with advice on when she can file for citizenship. 

Thank you.

•  

Did you get your answer? I feel like you should either ask a lawyer or someone who has been through the same process or call USCIS. From what I've found they should be eligible to apply under the 3 year rule but I'm not a lawyer and Google is not always my friend. Maybe look under VAWA threads (sure there's some).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, Iamornext said:

@neoblast congrats 

Thank you @lamornext

K1 Visa Journey

Event Date
Service Center: Vermont Service Center
Consulate: Montreal, Canada
I-129F Sent: 2012-12-27
I-129F NOA1: 2013-01-17
I-129F RFE(s): 2013-05-31
RFE Reply(s): 2013-06-04
I-129F NOA2: 2013-12-19

Consulate Received: 2014-04-17
Packet 3 Received: 2014-06-13
Packet 3 Sent: 2014-06-17
Packet 4 Received: 2014-08-27
Interview Date: 2014-10-24

Interview Result: Administrative Review
Second Interview
(If Required): No
Approved: 2014-07-17
Visa in hand: 2014-07-21

Adjustment of Status

Event Date
CIS Office: Chicago Lockbox/Tampa FL
Date Filed: 2015-12-07
NOA Date: 2015-12-16
NOA Hardcopy: 2015-12-21
RFE(s):
Bio. Appt.:
AOS Transfer**:
Interview Date:
Approval / Denial Date:
Approved:
Got I551 Stamp:
Green card Received:
Comments: Angry white men be like

xfarp.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 6/29/2020 at 1:09 PM, vkrishn said:

Good to see some movement (atleast one case) getting new interview date post cancellation in march. Still waiting for new interview date for my wife whose interview was cancelled on march 20th. 

Just quoting you since your wife and mine are going through the SF office and their original interview dates were similar. My wife got a letter from USCIS yesterday, and her interview has been scheduled for the morning of 7/15 at the SF office. Your wife will probably be getting a new interview date very soon.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, usmsbow said:

Just quoting you since your wife and mine are going through the SF office and their original interview dates were similar. My wife got a letter from USCIS yesterday, and her interview has been scheduled for the morning of 7/15 at the SF office. Your wife will probably be getting a new interview date very soon.

Thank you usmsbow. This helps. Wish they could do a virtual interview so to speak rather than have applicants go to the office. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

congrats to all those who are seeing progress! 

My N-400  interview was scheduled early April but got canceled due to Covid. I am still waiting on re-scheduled letter. A friend of mine whose Boston N-400 interview in March was re-scheduled for July but I have not heard anything yet from my case. I have an N-400 AND I-751 pending (currently on stamp now which expires soon...) 

Any updates from anyone in MA (boston office?) on re-scheduled interviews? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 7/8/2020 at 12:40 PM, sammie1892 said:

congrats to all those who are seeing progress! 

My N-400  interview was scheduled early April but got canceled due to Covid. I am still waiting on re-scheduled letter. A friend of mine whose Boston N-400 interview in March was re-scheduled for July but I have not heard anything yet from my case. I have an N-400 AND I-751 pending (currently on stamp now which expires soon...) 

Any updates from anyone in MA (boston office?) on re-scheduled interviews? 

my N-400 interview was cancelled when i arrived into the field office in Boston, MA on January 16th 2020 due to my pending case of I-751, then about a moth later i got my I-751 approved and received my 10 years GC , but i am still waiting for my N-400 interview, this is getting crazy and crazy  

Timeline

My wife had her interview at the SF office today and passed. She then had her oath ceremony about an hour later in the same building. Whole process took about 2 hours. Thrilled she's done!  

34 minutes ago, usmsbow said:

My wife had her interview at the SF office today and passed. She then had her oath ceremony about an hour later in the same building. Whole process took about 2 hours. Thrilled she's done!  

Congratulations 

when you applied for N-400?

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Dmitrii said:

Congratulations 

when you applied for N-400?

NOA1 was exactly 1 year ago: July 15, 2019. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Dmitrii said:

Lucky you;) , was your estimated time correct? 

No, but it was initially pretty close. I think the original estimated time was April-May, but the interview was originally scheduled for March 27th. It was cancelled due to covid-19, and my wife received her new interview date 10 days ago. 

There were about 35-40 people who did it with her today. 

15 minutes ago, usmsbow said:

No, but it was initially pretty close. I think the original estimated time was April-May, but the interview was originally scheduled for March 27th. It was cancelled due to covid-19, and my wife received her new interview date 10 days ago. 

There were about 35-40 people who did it with her today. 

congratulations !! 

Anybody from NYC received any rescheduled interviews? I had mine scheduled for April, but obviously it got canceled... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.