AI135

N-400 July 2019 Filers!!! Join here!!!

1,242 posts in this topic

On 7/17/2020 at 3:39 PM, Dmitrii said:

Hi Guys.
How to plan traveling?
My  N-400 ETC is October 2020 ( applied October 2019) 

I need to go to my country, so should I wait till October or it won’t be October anyway? 
so frustrating 

But even processing fast passport issuing is not that fast. I'm still waiting for any updates on my passport. Just barely got a "processing" update after a month+, covid is rocking it hard. So even if you get scheduled for your naturalization by Oct it's hard to say when you'll get your passport unless you can classify it under an emergency trip, which is like a death or sickness or something you cannot possibly know right now. My passports from my other countries have expired and this and lat year so no way I can leave until I get this one 🤣 or a temporary travel document from my country of origin. 

16 hours ago, AMK111 said:

Any filer from August 2019 NEWARK office received interview reschedule?

You're asking this from the July 2019 forum 🤦‍♀️

Try looking here: 

or even here: 

for answers from direct applicants 🙂

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Wifey's Experience at SFO (Hopefully its useful to someone)

Interview was scheduled at 630 Sansome Street, SFO at 8AM. We reached at 7:45AM and i dropped off my wife at the entrance of that building. Parked the car opposite to the building in the open parking Lot (635, Sansome Street, SFO) and waited there. They charge $15 per hour and maxes out at $35. 

Per Wifey, The number of people allowed in waiting area is max of 3 people and she was called in for Interview by officer at 8:15AM. Interview was only 15 mins long where the officer asked her questions from civic test, some clarification questions about travel and requested to see my kid's Birth Certificate to confirm my name. 

Here is the surprise.  The officer indicated that she passed the interview and Oath will be at 11AM and asked us to drive around for the next 2 hours and come back for Oath. W just stayed in the car in the parking lot. Oath was held at 444 Washington Street, SFO (2 mins walking distance from Sansome Building where her interview took place). Oath finished in 15 mins and she walked out at 11:25AM with her Certificate. 

Apparently they are scheduling Oath either with in 1-2 weeks from the interview or on the same day of interview. I wished they had indicated this before about Oath on same day so that we could have planned a little with a 4yr old in the back seat of the car. 

I took my oath at a City hall 2 years back  when i applied for N400 and looks like COVID is accelerating Oath on same day for SFO applicants. 

Edited by vkrishn

Hi everyone,

I got naturalized in January but didn’t fill out for my American passport until June. When I applied, I gave my naturalization certificate (original) and the lady at the post office told me it would be mailed back to me. I received my passport this week but not the naturalization certificate. Is that normal? 

AOS Timeline:
August 29, 2015: AOS package mailed to the USCIS in Chicago.
August 31, 2015: AOS package delivered.
September 8, 2015: NOA1 received by text and email (4 receipt numbers).
September 12, 2015: NOA1 received by mail (3 receipt numbers).
September 14, 2015: NOA1 received by mail (1 receipt number).
September 18, 2015: Biometrics appointment letter received for October 1, 2015.
September 22, 2015: Biometrics done. Early walk-in at a different ASC.
September 30, 2015: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.
November 11, 2015: EAD card is being produced (Form I-765) and Form I-131 is approved.
November 12, 2015: Form I-765 is approved.
November 15, 2015: Interview scheduled on December 22, 2015.
November 16, 2015: EAD card mailed to me.
November 19, 2015: EAD/AP card received.
December 22, 2015: AOS Interview. Approved on spot.

December 31, 2015: Green Card received.

ROC Timeline:

September 29, 2017: ROC package mailed to the California Service Center.

October 6, 2017: NOA received by mail (receipt date: October 2, 2017).

October 16, 2017: Biometrics appointment letter received for October 23, 2017.

October 23, 2017: Biometrics done.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/17/2020 at 3:06 PM, Matt72 said:

Thank you! 

as for the selected service thing - on my interview letter it states 'any evidence of selective service registration' which I read as 'If it applies to you'

the Officer only mentioned it as part of asking in person most questions from the N-400 ("have you ever been".. etc.) and they all got a 'NO' from me!

I'm pretty sure any of this would only apply if you'd been in the country between 18 and 26 (bit of a civics test there)

the interview was face to face.. masks on throughout of course - the Officer was at a desk but had a protective screen up.

Just got out of federal building in Los Angeles with the Naturalization Certificate. The whole process went smoothly and quick! The whole process took about 2 hours in total and the immigration officer was super nice. After checking in, I waited about 5 minutes for the interview. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and then she told me I was approved and the Oath will be held shortly after. I waited another 1.5 hour for the oath and the oath itself only took a few minutes.

One tip is that you might want to go to the federal builder a little early even though it says you cannot go 15 minutes earlier than the appointment time. It’s because the line to get into federal building is long. It took me at least 25 minutes to get into the building. So I would say you should be in downtown at least 30 - 40 minutes earlier.

Also, thanks Matt for your suggestion! I did park in the parking lot you mentioned. It is very convenient and inexpensive!

That’s it - I couldn’t believe the long journey finally came to an end! Good luck everyone!

5 minutes ago, Jeff and Willy said:

Just got out of federal building in Los Angeles with the Naturalization Certificate. The whole process went smoothly and quick! The whole process took about 2 hours in total and the immigration officer was super nice. After checking in, I waited about 5 minutes for the interview. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and then she told me I was approved and the Oath will be held shortly after. I waited another 1.5 hour for the oath and the oath itself only took a few minutes.

One tip is that you might want to go to the federal builder a little early even though it says you cannot go 15 minutes earlier than the appointment time. It’s because the line to get into federal building is long. It took me at least 25 minutes to get into the building. So I would say you should be in downtown at least 30 - 40 minutes earlier.

Also, thanks Matt for your suggestion! I did park in the parking lot you mentioned. It is very convenient and inexpensive!

That’s it - I couldn’t believe the long journey finally came to an end! Good luck everyone!

CONGRATULATIONS!

glad the tip with the parking helped.. I had my appointment at 10am and there was no line to get into the building, so it's good that those of us with different experiences can pass them on!

and.. the journey may have come to an end.. but now you'll have the 'fun' job of working out when to apply for a passport (i'm waiting) and the forum threads on 'how to sign the Naturalization certificate' are a rabbit hole too.. ha ha.

I think contacting the SSA office is supposed to be done too, to change immigration status, but those have to be done in person and they're all currently closed.

anyway - glad it all went well!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, FGr said:

Hi everyone,

I got naturalized in January but didn’t fill out for my American passport until June. When I applied, I gave my naturalization certificate (original) and the lady at the post office told me it would be mailed back to me. I received my passport this week but not the naturalization certificate. Is that normal? 

That's normal. I think she would have told you that you would receive the certificate back at a different time. 

K1 Visa Journey

Event Date
Service Center: Vermont Service Center
Consulate: Montreal, Canada
I-129F Sent: 2012-12-27
I-129F NOA1: 2013-01-17
I-129F RFE(s): 2013-05-31
RFE Reply(s): 2013-06-04
I-129F NOA2: 2013-12-19

Consulate Received: 2014-04-17
Packet 3 Received: 2014-06-13
Packet 3 Sent: 2014-06-17
Packet 4 Received: 2014-08-27
Interview Date: 2014-10-24

Interview Result: Administrative Review
Second Interview
(If Required): No
Approved: 2014-07-17
Visa in hand: 2014-07-21

Adjustment of Status

Event Date
CIS Office: Chicago Lockbox/Tampa FL
Date Filed: 2015-12-07
NOA Date: 2015-12-16
NOA Hardcopy: 2015-12-21
RFE(s):
Bio. Appt.:
AOS Transfer**:
Interview Date:
Approval / Denial Date:
Approved:
Got I551 Stamp:
Green card Received:
Comments: Angry white men be like

xfarp.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, sharing my journal for those who are interested. 

Newark, NJ office.

I arrived on time of appointment, then you have TSA style security. Take shoes off, watches, jackets, etc... and headed to the designated floor on the appointment letter. Security checks the letter and crosses your name from the list. Then you head over to the window sign in with green card and appointment letter. I waited approximately 2 hours before I was called for my interview. 

Officer was respectful, takes the oath and we start the interview. Asked 6 questions:

1. Who was the founding father of the US - GW

2. Political party of the president - Republican

3. One war fought in - War 1812

4. Federalist papers writers - Hamilton, Madison

5. When Independence day is celebrated - 4th July

6. Countries US fought against WW2 - DE, JPN, ITA

Read - Thanksgiving is in November

Write - Independence day is in July

Officer recommends for approval. I head back to waiting area for +/-20 minutes. Then was told go to ceremony room. 

Ceremony starts - they go over the ceremony instructions, watch video of all immigrants becoming citizens, a few words from the USCIS official present. Then say oath out loud and the pledge of allegiance. Explains certificate costs $555 to be replaced plus 7-9 months, asks to check spelling of your name and all other personal information is correct. They hand out the certificate and you are free to go or take pictures in the room. No families are able to attend. Ceremony was like +/- 20 minutes

Good luck!!

40 minutes ago, kiwiflower said:

Hi all, sharing my journal for those who are interested. 

Newark, NJ office.

I arrived on time of appointment, then you have TSA style security. Take shoes off, watches, jackets, etc... and headed to the designated floor on the appointment letter. Security checks the letter and crosses your name from the list. Then you head over to the window sign in with green card and appointment letter. I waited approximately 2 hours before I was called for my interview. 

Officer was respectful, takes the oath and we start the interview. Asked 6 questions:

1. Who was the founding father of the US - GW

2. Political party of the president - Republican

3. One war fought in - War 1812

4. Federalist papers writers - Hamilton, Madison

5. When Independence day is celebrated - 4th July

6. Countries US fought against WW2 - DE, JPN, ITA

Read - Thanksgiving is in November

Write - Independence day is in July

Officer recommends for approval. I head back to waiting area for +/-20 minutes. Then was told go to ceremony room. 

Ceremony starts - they go over the ceremony instructions, watch video of all immigrants becoming citizens, a few words from the USCIS official present. Then say oath out loud and the pledge of allegiance. Explains certificate costs $555 to be replaced plus 7-9 months, asks to check spelling of your name and all other personal information is correct. They hand out the certificate and you are free to go or take pictures in the room. No families are able to attend. Ceremony was like +/- 20 minutes

Good luck!!

nice!!! congratulations!!

I wonder if in Manhattan they hold the ceremony in the same day as the interview.... did you hear anything about that by any chance?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.