EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
On 8/17/2020 at 12:51 PM, MrsRo said:

There is hope! Just received the email that my interview has been rescheduled! I originally had it for mid April(this is Newark,NJ) 

so glad I don’t have to apply for that EAD extension now. 

My interview has been cancelled thrice since January. Twice almost week before the actual interview day. I have kinda lost trust and hope. I would rather have EAD than relying on GC interview to happen. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Rescheduled interview date is sept. 14!! Yay!! The notice went to our manhattan address and We’ve been staying with our in laws in upstate so had to bug our lawyer to dig up the copy from their mail room. I’m shocked how soon the interview date is, was expecting at least October! 

Adjustment Of Status

06/14/2019    Application sent

06/26/2019    NOA1 Issued

07/01/2019    NOA1 hard copy

07/16/2019    Biometrics

10/17/2016    Status updated: "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

12/09/2019    EAD Approved 

02/19/2020    Status updated: "Interview Was Scheduled"

02/24/2020    Interview schedule notice received (snail mail)

04/09/2020    Interview canceled due to covid-19 lockdown

08/12/2020    Status updated: "Interview Was Scheduled"

08/20/2020    Interview reschedule notice received (snail mail)

09/14/2020    Interview at the USCIS Field Office, new card being produced 

09/16/2020    Case approved, Card mailed

This process is whooping my behind! 🤦🏾‍♂️

I'm still waiting for my interview to be scheduled since September, 5 last year. I

Just got a notice from the DMV to renew my license before it expires in 90days.

I am also to prove my continuous stay. I've applied for EAD renewal but havent gotten any feedback on that yet.

Question is, what do I take to the DMV for the renewal of my driver's license?

On 8/28/2020 at 5:46 PM, DISCERNING said:

This process is whooping my behind! 🤦🏾‍♂️

I'm still waiting for my interview to be scheduled since September, 5 last year. I

Just got a notice from the DMV to renew my license before it expires in 90days.

I am also to prove my continuous stay. I've applied for EAD renewal but havent gotten any feedback on that yet.

Question is, what do I take to the DMV for the renewal of my driver's license?

If you have your i-797c receipt of pending adjustment of status, then you can use this in many states, it depends where you are.

On 8/17/2020 at 3:47 PM, ds2 said:

If anyone has a compiled list of documents we should take to the interview, please post it here. It will be really helpful to me and others. Thank you!

Here is what I took: 2 binders one with originals and one with copies of important documents.
1. All notices I received From USCIS including the interview letter

2. Our passports and Driver licenses and social security cards.

3. Beneficiary birth certificate 

4. Police report

5. I-94
6. Shot records

7. Tax transcripts 

8. Both of our Recent paystubs 

9. Bank account statements and credit card statements of our joint accounts

10. Screenshots of chat records with families and with ourselves 
11. Social media screenshots

12. Auto insurance 

13. AAA membership showing both of us on it

14. Utility bills showing our names

15. Home refinance application showing our names 

16. Recent photos of our time with family, etc, and our wedding photo

17. Wedding cards addressed to us

18. My divorce decree.

19. Copy of my adjustment application 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hey guys - long time no see. 

Anyhow, last Wednesday I had an interview. What was a bit shocking was the fact that the officer did not want to see my husband (USC). As we talked during interview he said that in general he is not interested in the marriage and the interview is to check my eligibility for a GC. Ok, yet the actual ground for my GC is the marriage (AOS from a K1). Did not argue, obviously.

So day later I got a notification that a GC is being produced :) waiting still wandering was my interview normal.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, met said:

Hey guys - long time no see. 

Anyhow, last Wednesday I had an interview. What was a bit shocking was the fact that the officer did not want to see my husband (USC). As we talked during interview he said that in general he is not interested in the marriage and the interview is to check my eligibility for a GC. Ok, yet the actual ground for my GC is the marriage (AOS from a K1). Did not argue, obviously.

So day later I got a notification that a GC is being produced :) waiting still wandering was my interview normal.

That's really weird, but Congratulations!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.