EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
8 minutes ago, Strontium said:

If you have informed delivery, there are notification options for when a "package" first hits the system.  I don't think they are enabled by default.  I enabled them last week.  As soon as USPS picked ours up I got an email from informed delivery, with tracking number etc.  A couple of hours later, the old site updated to "USPS picked up" and where the tracking number should be it said UNAVAILABLE.  The new site updated with the same, but with tracking number, the day after we received the cards lol.

Yeah but usps wont update that until they pick it up and scan it in which usually happens after that status.  Ours didnt even show on Informed Delivery until the next day. 

Our status change did show unavailable on the email notification but when you visit the desktop site it shows you the tracking.

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
13 minutes ago, celie&joseph said:

Yeah but usps wont update that until they pick it up and scan it in which usually happens after that status.  Ours didnt even show on Informed Delivery until the next day. 

Our status change did show unavailable on the email notification but when you visit the desktop site it shows you the tracking.

Thank you! What's the difference between the new site and the old site?

15 hours ago, kittyanne said:

Hello everyone, i submitted my AOS concurrent with EAD and I-131 on June. It's been 5 months and NOTHING. 

My AOS status is still "Ready to be scheduled for an interview" as of September 25, 2019. 

My EAD status is still "Fingerprint review was completed" as of August 24, 2019.

Should i call the USCIS and follow up my case?

What should i prepare and bring on the interview?

Thanks in advance for your help! 

I’m in the same exact situation, filed June 10th and nothing since. If you inquire about it, all they’ll say is that you’re within the normal processing times. I’m sure the rest of us June filers will get our EADs and APs soon. 

Hey all! Had our interview prep with our lawyer yesterday morning, as we're a little over a week away from our interview. Feeling kinda nervous, but after our lawyer had seen our prepared evidence, she told me that she had no doubts that we'd get approved straight away. Some key points I took away from talking to her, which may be helpful:

1. Generally speaking, whether or not you get approved on the spot seems to depend on how experienced an officer is.
  2. Bring about 20 to 25 photos. Bring more if it helps you feel less tense, but as they're on limited time, a small amount of photos will suffice. Focus on photos that have: your wedding and guests; you and your spouse around each other's family and friends; and trips you've taken, if any. If possible, print them out on regular printer paper, two on a page with a caption below stating who, where, and when.
  3. Family is more important to USCIS than friends, so if you're including photos and/or affidavits, focus more on family.
  4. Interviews can range from 20 minutes to more than an hour. Usually, a couple with significant evidence will likely be finished within 30 minutes.

@Eric&Mirella, I asked our lawyer a bunch of questions regarding the San Diego office. She let us know that in her time working with the San Diego office, she hasn't really seen couples get separated, interviews are normally quick, and the officers tend to be a lot kinder than other offices she has gone to.

Edited by cardia

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, E & J 2018 said:

Did anyone receive their GC after their interview? Did you have to submit an I-693, even though you provided the DS-3025?

I received my green card 8 days after my interview. I did not have to submit I-693 and they made no mention of my DS-3025 at the interview.

K1 Visa Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/00/2019    Interview approved!

04/01/2019    Visa issued

04/02/2019    Visa received in mail

04/06/2019    POE

05/04/2019    Wedding

Adjustment Of Status Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

05/31/2019    I-485, I-131 and I-765 sent

06/10/2019    NOA1 (electronic) & check cashed

06/11/2019    NOA1 hard copies

07/05/2019    Biometrics walk-in

09/30/2019    Interview scheduled (electronic notification)

10/23/2019    EAD/AP approved

11/00/2019    AOS Interview approved!

11/08/2019    Green card is being produced

11/16/2019    Green card in hand

1 hour ago, E & J 2018 said:

Did anyone receive their GC after their interview? Did you have to submit an I-693, even though you provided the DS-3025?

We haven't received my husband's card yet, but our interview was yesterday and the card is already in production as of this morning. The officer had a post-it on our file that read "Needs Medical" and I caught that right away and panicked but he only asked for the DS-3025 since he didn't see it in the file. He made no mention of the I-693.

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

4 hours ago, Joey.C said:

Thank you! What's the difference between the new site and the old site?

My guess is two different systems of recording because sometimes the new site is updated and not the old, sometimes vice versa and sometimes both.

the old site is:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/displayLogon.do

the new site is:

https://myaccount.uscis.gov/

Spoiler

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

5 hours ago, celie&joseph said:

YMMV of course...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
2 hours ago, cardia said:

Hey all! Had our interview prep with our lawyer yesterday morning, as we're a little over a week away from our interview. Feeling kinda nervous, but after our lawyer had seen our prepared evidence, she told me that she had no doubts that we'd get approved straight away. Some key points I took away from talking to her, which may be helpful:

1. Generally speaking, whether or not you get approved on the spot seems to depend on how experienced an officer is.
  2. Bring about 20 to 25 photos. Bring more if it helps you feel less tense, but as they're on limited time, a small amount of photos will suffice. Focus on photos that have: your wedding and guests; you and your spouse around each other's family and friends; and trips you've taken, if any. If possible, print them out on regular printer paper, two on a page with a caption below stating who, where, and when.
  3. Family is more important to USCIS than friends, so if you're including photos and/or affidavits, focus more on family.
  4. Interviews can range from 20 minutes to more than an hour. Usually, a couple with significant evidence will likely be finished within 30 minutes.

@Eric&Mirella, I asked our lawyer a bunch of questions regarding the San Diego office. She let us know that in her time working with the San Diego office, she hasn't really seen couples get separated, interviews are normally quick, and the officers tend to be a lot kinder than other offices she has gone to.

Thank you so much for this wonderful info!  Getting nervous too. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

I have applied for a marriage based GC on the 16th of Aug and there has been very little movement on the case till now, I have a job offer waiting and my company want me to join ASAP as they have a few critical deliverables early next year.

Based on this I expedited my EAD on the 6th of Nov and was asked to fax the evidence and offer letter, which we faxed as well as mailed a copy to the NBC location last week.I haven't heard back on whether they've received the evidence or not yet. How does this work? I am not sure what to respond to people from work as there is nothing that I have heard from the USCIS yet.

I called them a couple of days back too, the tier 1 officer had added a note to my case saying the field officer would intimate us if they've gotten the evidence. I am super worried right now. Should I try faxing the evidence again? Please advise.

Also, with thanksgiving and Christmas round the corner, do we expect a drop in number of cases being processed on an average day now?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sathya said:

Hi All,

I have applied for a marriage based GC on the 16th of Aug and there has been very little movement on the case till now, I have a job offer waiting and my company want me to join ASAP as they have a few critical deliverables early next year.

Based on this I expedited my EAD on the 6th of Nov and was asked to fax the evidence and offer letter, which we faxed as well as mailed a copy to the NBC location last week.I haven't heard back on whether they've received the evidence or not yet. How does this work? I am not sure what to respond to people from work as there is nothing that I have heard from the USCIS yet.

I called them a couple of days back too, the tier 1 officer had added a note to my case saying the field officer would intimate us if they've gotten the evidence. I am super worried right now. Should I try faxing the evidence again? Please advise.

Also, with thanksgiving and Christmas round the corner, do we expect a drop in number of cases being processed on an average day now?

You can talk to a representative and inquire about your case. Ask through Emma, it’s quicker! :) 

28 minutes ago, Eric&Mirella said:

Thank you so much for this wonderful info!  Getting nervous too. 

No problem! Eight days left until my interview. We're basically finished preparing, just gonna go over some questions a couple times in the next few days. Have you started gathering evidence now that you got your interview date?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, cardia said:

No problem! Eight days left until my interview. We're basically finished preparing, just gonna go over some questions a couple times in the next few days. Have you started gathering evidence now that you got your interview date?

I’ve started gathering everything and I’d like to say that I probably have my packet 70% ready. I’m waiting for some papers from the insurance companies and grabbing every bit of correspondence in our names. I’m working on a scrapbook with pictures,boarding passes, and some cards I have. I know that’s not necessary at all but the scrapbook work helps with the anxiety. 

Edited by Eric&Mirella

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.