EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone, i submitted my AOS concurrent with EAD and I-131 on June. It's been 5 months and NOTHING. 

My AOS status is still "Ready to be scheduled for an interview" as of September 25, 2019. 

My EAD status is still "Fingerprint review was completed" as of August 24, 2019.

Should i call the USCIS and follow up my case?

What should i prepare and bring on the interview?

Thanks in advance for your help! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
6 hours ago, Ethan & Shannon said:

Sorry to hear about your case being stuck! I hope things move along soon for you. Just remember that each field office is different, some are taking longer than others to have an interview scheduled, and it's very unlikely that they lost any documents. I know it's easy to worry about many factors in this process. I don't blame you for being frustrated about it though, I would be too! Sending all my good vibes your way and hoping for your EAD before Christmas.

Thanks buddy! Yes! Every filed office is different and that's why I check only for Denver FO cause that's where our case is and the cases I mentioned who got their AOS interviews and approval are from that FO and that's why it's making me nervous and frustrated.

However, I received an update for EAD few hours back on the case tracker that "New card is being produced". That way I have some relaxation now. The EAD is approved but the AP is still on the same status. Usually I have seen EAD and AP are approved simultaneously. Well! I guess something is better than nothing.

Now, I am not sure if I will get my social security number along with my EAD card or whether I have run around and apply for it again separately (I had requested for a SSN on my AOS form).

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
53 minutes ago, kittyanne said:

Hello everyone, i submitted my AOS concurrent with EAD and I-131 on June. It's been 5 months and NOTHING. 

My AOS status is still "Ready to be scheduled for an interview" as of September 25, 2019. 

My EAD status is still "Fingerprint review was completed" as of August 24, 2019.

Sorry to hear there's been no movement. At this stage you can follow up about your case but they're very likely to tell you the status that you're already seeing online.

Start compiling any joint financial documents and proof you live at the same address. Some examples include: utility bills, health insurance, car insurance, bank accounts, rental documents, etc (it's normal to only have a few of these - but collect as many as you can). We also took photos to the interview and they did ask for them. Other than that, birth certificates, proof of US citizenship, applicant's passport, i94, marriage cert. I'm probably missing some stuff but this is off the top of my head.

K1 Visa Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/00/2019    Interview approved!

04/01/2019    Visa issued

04/02/2019    Visa received in mail

04/06/2019    POE

05/04/2019    Wedding

Adjustment Of Status Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

05/31/2019    I-485, I-131 and I-765 sent

06/10/2019    NOA1 (electronic) & check cashed

06/11/2019    NOA1 hard copies

07/05/2019    Biometrics walk-in

09/30/2019    Interview scheduled (electronic notification)

10/23/2019    EAD/AP approved

11/00/2019    AOS Interview approved!

11/08/2019    Green card is being produced

11/16/2019    Green card in hand

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Liflead said:

Thanks buddy! Yes! Every filed office is different and that's why I check only for Denver FO cause that's where our case is and the cases I mentioned who got their AOS interviews and approval are from that FO and that's why it's making me nervous and frustrated.

However, I received an update for EAD few hours back on the case tracker that "New card is being produced". That way I have some relaxation now. The EAD is approved but the AP is still on the same status. Usually I have seen EAD and AP are approved simultaneously. Well! I guess something is better than nothing.

Now, I am not sure if I will get my social security number along with my EAD card or whether I have run around and apply for it again separately (I had requested for a SSN on my AOS form).

I'm happy you got the approval! When I got my EAD/AP combo card, I had only been approved for one of them online. You will most likely be expecting the combo card for EAD/AP in the mail. The SSN should arrive a few weeks after the EAD/AP card arrives.

K1 Visa Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/00/2019    Interview approved!

04/01/2019    Visa issued

04/02/2019    Visa received in mail

04/06/2019    POE

05/04/2019    Wedding

Adjustment Of Status Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

05/31/2019    I-485, I-131 and I-765 sent

06/10/2019    NOA1 (electronic) & check cashed

06/11/2019    NOA1 hard copies

07/05/2019    Biometrics walk-in

09/30/2019    Interview scheduled (electronic notification)

10/23/2019    EAD/AP approved

11/00/2019    AOS Interview approved!

11/08/2019    Green card is being produced

11/16/2019    Green card in hand

Timeline
6 hours ago, Knome said:

Got a notification from USPS that my daughter Social security will be arriving in mail today :)

So SSN arrived finally after 11 days of getting EAD in hand

Congratulations! Did you apply for SSN after your EAD card was approved and received in hand?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Just now, Liflead said:

Congratulations! Did you apply for SSN after your EAD card was approved and received in hand?

I applied my SSN two week after I arrived US...but i was not able to apply for my daughter...so her SSN came after EAD...bcz i apllied for it in her EAD form

Timeline
1 hour ago, kittyanne said:

I am not surprised by that. Ours is 5 months 18 days since we sent our application. We are May filers and still not heard anything on the AOS. Luckily, our EAD status was updated to New card being produced. I hope you guys get your approval soon. I wud suggest you call and speak to a tier 2 officer.

So, today USCIS confirmed that my I-130 is now at the field office in Oklahoma City. At this point is has been there for about two weeks. I'm hopeful that we will soon receive a new interview appointment. No update on EAD or AP as yet. The wait continues, but I am at least glad to hear that the petition is in the right place and they should have what they need. It's been a month (almost) since the first "interview" so we've used the time to gather more evidence - added me to his medical insurance now, got my name added to another utility bill. 

Tick tock.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
2 hours ago, Liflead said:

4 hours ago, kittyanne said:

5.5 months waiting and nothing yet on my end. Uscis just says within processing times. Not sure if there’s any point in following up with them unless you want to do an expedite. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
14 hours ago, jeffo said:

My wife's status changed last week for her EAD and AP, stating that she was approved and she would get her cards sent out. Saturday, we got her "NOA2"s" on both of these. those say, the EAD and AP card(s) will be sent separately. anybody know how long that usually takes? she's working on her resume' now. very happy she can get a job here. also, we can actually plan our date for our wedding in her home country, now that she is legally allowed to leave the U.S.

according to VJ, she was supposed to get these approved jan 2nd. so we got them early. Unfortunately, according to VJ, the time between Biometrics and interview is supposed to be 121 days for us...her status changed to "ready to schedule for interview" for the last 7 weeks, and the 121 day mark is a week away.

Usually within 7 days after your status changed to “Card was Mailed out to me”, congrats 🎈.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
2 hours ago, CharleneB said:

Usually within 7 days after your status changed to “Card was Mailed out to me”, congrats 🎈.

Is it possible to get a tracking number? My status changed to "Card was mailed to me" it's so exciting!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Joey.C said:

Is it possible to get a tracking number? My status changed to "Card was mailed to me" it's so exciting!

If you have USPS informed delivery, the tracking number will be on the platform, if not , I will suggest you just check your mail  on Friday 22nd or 23rd Saturday.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
24 minutes ago, CharleneB said:

If you have USPS informed delivery, the tracking number will be on the platform, if not , I will suggest you just check your mail  on Friday 22nd or 23rd Saturday.

Ok thank you!

Filed: Other Timeline
2 hours ago, Joey.C said:

You wont get tracking until in a couple of days when the status changes to "Card picked up by USPS" or something like that. The tracking will be in the status summary and will also show up in your Informed Delivery.

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

51 minutes ago, CharleneB said:

19 minutes ago, celie&joseph said:

You wont get tracking until in a couple of days when the status changes to "Card picked up by USPS" or something like that. The tracking will be in the status summary and will also show up in your Informed Delivery.

If you have informed delivery, there are notification options for when a "package" first hits the system.  I don't think they are enabled by default.  I enabled them last week.  As soon as USPS picked ours up I got an email from informed delivery, with tracking number etc.  A couple of hours later, the old site updated to "USPS picked up" and where the tracking number should be it said UNAVAILABLE.  The new site updated with the same, but with tracking number, the day after we received the cards lol.

Edited by Strontium

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.