dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview July 2019

1,447 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, nyokie said:

look like it will rain on Monday if not tomorrow.

It has been so quiet this week in this thread..☹️ Not much seems to be happening..

Please let it start soon, the NVC stage has taken its toll on me, I am so tired..

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, nyokie said:

look like it will rain on Monday if not tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the first Friday in who knows how long that I can chill and not sad. This week, I only checked our CEAC account twice! Compared to previous months, I was checking e-mail and CEAC, refreshing every second every minute like crazy.brendon urie laughing GIF by Panic! At The Disco

29 minutes ago, CJO032418 said:

Can someone please post the expedite visa memo template 

This is what we used...beware.  Our expedite actually slowed us down...

Dear Sir or Madame,

I am requesting an expedite for my CR-1 visa petitions.  My step son and step daughter (information below) both attend private school in Manila.  Payment of tuition is due in May and must be paid in full to enroll them.  With the timing of these petitions we are afraid that we will need to pay for the full year tuition for both XXXX and XXXX and we do not know how long they will actually need to be enrolled.  We have talked to the school and they will require full payment in May for school that starts in June in Manila.

We are hoping this works out where we can interview before the payment is due as that would allow me to be there at the interview with them.  School in Chicago starts in August so we are also concerned with having them registered and in class on the first day.

Our petitions were approved at USCIS on XX/XX/XXXX.  They were forwarded to NVC on XX/XX/XXXX.

Request  for NVC Expedite

YSCXXXXXXXXXX

Name

DOB XX/XX/XXXX

YSCXXXXXXXXXX

Name

DOB XX/XX/XXXX

YSCXXXXXXXXXX

Name

DOB XX/XX/XXXX

Thank you and any consideration would be greatly appreciated.

Petitioner

DOB XX/XX/XXXX

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
39 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Dear Sir or Madame,

I am requesting an expedite for my CR-1 visa petitions.  My step son and step daughter (information below) both attend private school in Manila.  Payment of tuition is due in May and must be paid in full to enroll them.  With the timing of these petitions we are afraid that we will need to pay for the full year tuition for both XXXX and XXXX and we do not know how long they will actually need to be enrolled.  We have talked to the school and they will require full payment in May for school that starts in June in Manila.

We are hoping this works out where we can interview before the payment is due as that would allow me to be there at the interview with them.  School in Chicago starts in August so we are also concerned with having them registered and in class on the first day.

Our petitions were approved at USCIS on XX/XX/XXXX.  They were forwarded to NVC on XX/XX/XXXX.

YSCXXXXXXXXXX

Name

DOB XX/XX/XXXX

YSCXXXXXXXXXX

Name

DOB XX/XX/XXXX

YSCXXXXXXXXXX

Name

DOB XX/XX/XXXX

Petitioner

DOB XX/XX/XXXX

Have you been able to schedule the interview for your family since your expedite request was approved?

Our expedite moved very quickly as the day after we got notification from the NVC confirming that our expedite got approved we received an email from the consulate in Rio de Janeiro to schedule our own interview including biometrics/pictures.

So I guess it depends of the embassy/consulate how fast they move?

6 minutes ago, CarlosSeoanes said:

Have you been able to schedule the interview for your family since your expedite request was approved?

Our expedite moved very quickly as the day after we got notification from the NVC confirming that our expedite got approved we received an email from the consulate in Rio de Janeiro to schedule our own interview including biometrics/pictures.

So I guess it depends of the embassy/consulate how fast they move?

We were not that lucky.  I did get the email to schedule the interview but right now it looks like the earliest available (no interview dates available now) will be in August.  They say they will reopen the calendar in July.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

We were not that lucky.  I did get the email to schedule the interview but right now it looks like the earliest available (no interview dates available now) will be in August.  They say they will reopen the calendar in July.

Got it! You should be able to ask for an expedite on your interview date. You should be able to reply to the email you got from the consulate (the one asking you to schedule your own interview) and ask for an expedite interview date since your case was expedited anyways. Of course explain the reason of the expedite. 

On another forum that I follow on fb for Brazilians, a lady was able to get her interview expedited as well by emailing the consulate directly. 

Good luck!

5 minutes ago, CarlosSeoanes said:

Got it! You should be able to ask for an expedite on your interview date. You should be able to reply to the email you got from the consulate (the one asking you to schedule your own interview) and ask for an expedite interview date since your case was expedited anyways. Of course explain the reason of the expedite. 

On another forum that I follow on fb for Brazilians, a lady was able to get her interview expedited as well by emailing the consulate directly. 

Good luck!

I called and emailed.  They say their openings are their openings.  They do not give expedited dates for the interview.  They said just to keep checking a few times each day to see if there are cancelations.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

I can schedule  my medical and just give them my case number, I will schedule mine for June 21 the day after my bday and get over it. by the time I get my interview date it should be at the embassy waiting on me. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

Dear Sir or Madame,

YSCXXXXXXXXXX

Name

DOB XX/XX/XXXX

YSCXXXXXXXXXX

Name

DOB XX/XX/XXXX

YSCXXXXXXXXXX

Name

DOB XX/XX/XXXX

Petitioner

DOB XX/XX/XXXX

Thank you! 

May I ask in what way did it slow things down? 

13 minutes ago, CJO032418 said:

Thank you! 

May I ask in what way did it slow things down? 

With expedites we set our own interview appointments.  Normally NVC does that.  There were a bunch of anomalies that happened but to make a long story short, we were DQ'd on May 1 but they didn't send the petitions to Manila until May 24 and June 2.  They scheduled the interviews then realized they were expedited so cancelled the interviews.  Now I'm trying to schedule them and there are no available slots.  The calendar is supposed to come back online in July.  So the system error that held us for a month may have also delayed our interview for 2 months.  

I was venting.  We just had a whole bunch of weird things happen where our expedite for school was approved but we won't interview until they are already in their 3rd month of school there so we are now deciding whether to let them finish and do the interview sometime next year since school has started and they won't be in the states before school starts here.

The expedite probably works for everyone else but we had interview dates scheduled and cancelled and now we have a few months before we know if we can get a slot.  If we didn't expedite we would be interviewing on July 12.  As it stands, we have no way of knowing when we will interview.

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.