Greenbaum

JUNE 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

796 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Amber and Shawn said:

We got our case number on the 9th, and checked the case number on https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx and it's already in transit! I was surprise i thought we would only get it in transit by the 23rd. Also, I had to check it as "immigrant visa" to find my case on ceac? Else it would say that its an "Invalid Application ID or Case Number" I thought K-1 visa was an Non-immigrant visa? -confused- 

The K-1 process is quite strange. For a time, it is both a non-immigrant and immigrant visa type. That is why the links (what you received in the email) will send you the process for immigrant which would be the I-864 and DS-260 even though it truly is a non-immigrant visa requiring I-134 and the DS-160. As you go through the stages, within the NVC system you look up your file under immigrant (ceac.state.gov/). It stays that way until after your interview and the approval and your visa is ready for issue. At that point, it changes over to non-immigrant. It truly is a non-immigrant visa with immigrant intent.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

On 7/13/2019 at 6:12 AM, Kev&Iri said:

@Greenbaum also if you have copy of the P3 for Belgium embassy. Thank you very much!

I have only this information.  When you receive the P3 fro your embassy would you be so kind as to share it with me so I can share with those who come behind you. 

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-be/niv

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Belgium&cty=Brussels

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

On 7/13/2019 at 6:05 AM, AnnaMaria1417 said:

Can you share the P3 for Bulgaria if you have it? Thank you. ☺️

Sorry but I don't have a copy of the P3 from your embassy.  If you are able to get one can you share a copy? Thanks 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

So, bit of a random question that I'm sure has already been asked a million times but lol here I go

My fiance is getting all the required documents ready to send over to me once our case number gets assigned at the NVC and we were wondering since we submitted original certified copies with the i-129f petition (divorce decrees/court records etc) do we need to submit originals again for the interview or will it be noted that what was submitted in the first place was original?

Any help/advice is much appreciated. 

10 hours ago, RaheelS said:

@Greenbaum   Can you share the P3 for Islamabad (Pakistan) Embassy if you have it? Thank You So Much!

Here is what I have. If you receive anything of importance from the embassy I'd appreciate that you would share with me.

What is needed for the interview:

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/ISL_Islamabad.pdf

VJ portal for your county's Embassy (information is old but maybe it will be of some use)

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Pakistan&cty=Islamabad

Sub-forum for your region. This is the place to ask questions of others who are processing through Pakistan, not here.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/91-asia-south/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

26 minutes ago, nooglez22 said:

So, bit of a random question that I'm sure has already been asked a million times but lol here I go

My fiance is getting all the required documents ready to send over to me once our case number gets assigned at the NVC and we were wondering since we submitted original certified copies with the i-129f petition (divorce decrees/court records etc) do we need to submit originals again for the interview or will it be noted that what was submitted in the first place was original?

Any help/advice is much appreciated. 

Typically, you bring the original document with a copy to the interview. The CO will glance at the original and then will accept a copy, returning the original back to the beneficiary. Everything you submit with your I-129f application should have been copies as they will not return originals.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

This might seem like a bit of a weird question, but is there anyway to "slow down" this part of the process and get an extension on your Approval Notice? 

It's my understanding you have until the end of the "Approval Notice" date on the NOA2 to get your interview scheduled, medical, and DS-160 done. 

We currently have until 09/28/2019 according to our NOA2, but my fiance(the beneficiary) hasn't been able to get some of the dental-work we wanted him to try and get done(much cheaper than here with his income)/ We'd really like for him to get his wisdoms done, but it's looking like that's going to be the beginning of September before that could be finished. 

So I'm trying to find out now if there's a way we could potentially push it back so that we would have enough time for that to get done before any dates get close, or we have to cancel anything.  

18 minutes ago, SkeletonNessa said:

This might seem like a bit of a weird question, but is there anyway to "slow down" this part of the process and get an extension on your Approval Notice? 

It's my understanding you have until the end of the "Approval Notice" date on the NOA2 to get your interview scheduled, medical, and DS-160 done. 

We currently have until 09/28/2019 according to our NOA2, but my fiance(the beneficiary) hasn't been able to get some of the dental-work we wanted him to try and get done(much cheaper than here with his income)/ We'd really like for him to get his wisdoms done, but it's looking like that's going to be the beginning of September before that could be finished. 

So I'm trying to find out now if there's a way we could potentially push it back so that we would have enough time for that to get done before any dates get close, or we have to cancel anything.  

Contact the embassy and ask for an extension to your NOA2 validity date. If granted they will extend it for 4 more months which I believe you can meet. No problem with this as it is done often.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

My case from the NVC is in transit to the Seoul Embassy currently but I have a question!!

So it was sent July 9th, but I haven't received a physical letter yet. Am I supposed to? All I've gotten so far is an email about it being sent. The reason I'm asking is because when I look up it's status, there's a line that says something like "Your interview date was provided to you by the NVC." But I haven't gotten any sort of interview date?!?

Our K-1 Visa Timeline 🙈:

• I-129F mailed:  March 8, 2019
  • NOA1: March 19, 2019
  • NOA2: June 6th, 2019 (79 days <3)
  • NVC received: N/A (Didn't check)
  • NVC sent to Embassy: July 9, 2019
  • Visa case received at Embassy: July 23, 2019

5 minutes ago, Julie & Jae said:

My case from the NVC is in transit to the Seoul Embassy currently but I have a question!!

So it was sent July 9th, but I haven't received a physical letter yet. Am I supposed to? All I've gotten so far is an email about it being sent. The reason I'm asking is because when I look up it's status, there's a line that says something like "Your interview date was provided to you by the NVC." But I haven't gotten any sort of interview date?!?

NVC case numbers take about 2-3 weeks to be mailed. That line "Your interview...." is for CR-1 and not for K-1's. So just ignore it. Your interview will be scheduled by you. Details are in the P3 letter. See below.

P3 letter is found on the embassy website

https://kr.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/packet3-k/

Preparation materials for the interview

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/kr/kr-iv-typek1k2.asp

Your country's portal here on VJ

http://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=South%20Korea

Your country/regional discussion here on VJ where you can ask more specific questions about your case with others from SK.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/90-asia-east-and-pacific/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hey all! when I spoke with the NVC they stated that my case was mailed out June 27. Ceac status says ready since July 3. I have yet to receive a letter in the mail. Should I go ahead an email the embassy to schedule an interview date ?

Edited by Comanutd33

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 7/9/2019 at 7:01 PM, Greenbaum said:

Ignore that as you schedule your interview.  Thats for CR1. 

In Mexico you do need the letter of the consulate because the beneficiary will be asked for it on the medical, the biometrics, and the consulate interview. In my case that I live in the State of Mexico I also need it in order to get the Police certificate.

You can move forward to fill out the DS-160 but wait to schedule the medical, biometrics and interview until you have the letter with you.

For what I have read if the letter doesn't arrive you can ask for a copy in the Information Window in the consulate in Ciudad Juarez. Doing the Biometrics and Medical in Mexico City and only the Interview in Ciudad Juarez you do need to wait for the letter. 

P3 Letter
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cBWgGJr4a5ay3b4OV28_dC3pgf63ZUr-/view?usp=sharing

Keep in mind that a forum like this one is for initial bonding with others who are along the same timeline as you for initial processing. The initial application is the same no matter where in the world you are. But, having said that, once you get your approval (NOA2 text message or email), you should also check in with your country's sub-forum to get a better understanding of the process for the Embassy that you will be interviewing with, and to get direct answers from those who have completed the steps you are about to at the US Embassy - Juarez Mexico.

Link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

Get the Juarez K1 Embassy instructions at http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ - Ciudad Juarez.pdf (Spanish) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cBWgGJr4a5ay3b4OV28_dC3pgf63ZUr-/view?usp=sharing (English) as this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use this website as a checklist. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents you'll be ready for your interview.

Last but not least, READ the pages on the US Embassy website for you country so that you are up to speed.

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-Mx/iv

One last place to check for information would be the VJ Wiki found here: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Special:AllPages

If you find anything not up to date or the information is wrong, please share your findings. Please compare the date of the P3 of mine with the date from your copy, once you receive yours from your embassy. Keep in mind that I try and be factual with my information, but I can't do it on my own and that's where you come in and can give back to the community that comes behind you. Without others ahead of you I would not be able to provide this to you.  I can only share factual information if folks like you continue to be my eyes and ears for your embassy. I wish you much success in your visa journey. 

@Greenbaum how long does the embassy normally take to send the letter? Will it come via email or regular Mexican postal service? Can we register on the https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-mx/iv/signup/iv website or have to wait until we receive the letter? Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, Horty said:

@Greenbaum how long does the embassy normally take to send the letter? Will it come via email or regular Mexican postal service? Can we register on the https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-mx/iv/signup/iv website or have to wait until we receive the letter? Thanks in advance. 

You must wait for the letter as outlined in the above post. Letter is mailed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.