Missynick0903

DCF London (merged)

121 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Missynick0903 said:

Oh ok. Awesome.....not sure why they even mentioned that then. 

It was just a side note...I didn't see that you had been married so long....

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Missynick0903 said:

When would that step happen?

And What does your last statement mean.....(the OP will not do removal conditions)...I'm not familiar with the acronyms are....and not familiar with removal of conditions.  Sorry for all the questions.  

I think you've gotten your answers but I will reply anyway.

When I first posted the fees and where they are paid, I just copy/pasted something I have on notepad that is for the standard spouse visa process starting in the US. Two fees are paid at the NVC stage:

--$325 visa fee (NVC)

--$120 affidavit of support review (NVC)

I immediately remembered you are doing the Direct Consular filing (DCF) method where you start in London and completely skip the National Visa Center (NVC) which is in the US. I edited my post.

THUS for you, those above two NVC items would be:

--$325 visa fee (Pay at your interview)

--$0 affidavit of support review (you won't pay to have your affidavit of support reviewed)

The next post was telling you about a fee two years later for Removing Conditions which you won't actually have to do. The first greencard for K1s or CR1s (<---- visa names) is only good for 2 years. Those with a 2 yr green card have a condition on it to prove they are still married before they get a 10 year greencard. They file an application called Removal of Conditions  and send in lots of evidence showing they are together, share finances, etc.

If you remember, I said your husband's visa will be an IR1 spouse visa because you have been married two years already. He will be given a 10 year greencard immediately and there will be no conditions on it like proving you are still together after two years. That's pretty much for newlyweds. 

Edited by Wuozopo

10 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

I think you've gotten your answers but I will reply anyway.

When I first posted the fees and where they are paid, I just copy/pasted something I have on notepad that is for the standard spouse visa process starting in the US. Two fees are paid at the NVC stage:

--$325 visa fee (NVC)

--$120 affidavit of support review (NVC)

I immediately remembered you are doing the Direct Consular filing (DCF) method where you start in London and completely skip the National Visa Center (NVC) which is in the US. I edited my post.

THUS for you, those above two NVC items would be:

--$325 visa fee (Pay at your interview)

--$0 affidavit of support review (you won't pay to have your affidavit of support reviewed)

The next post was telling you about a fee two years later for Removing Conditions which you won't actually have to do. The first greencard for K1s or CR1s (<---- visa names) is only good for 2 years. Those with a 2 yr green card have a condition on it to prove they are still married before they get a 10 year greencard. They file an application called Removal of Conditions  and send in lots of evidence showing they are together, share finances, etc.

If you remember, I said your husband's visa will be an IR1 spouse visa because you have been married two years already. He will be given a 10 year greencard immediately and there will be no conditions on it like proving you are still together after two years. That's pretty much for newlyweds. 

Oh this is so great.  Thank you so much for explaining.  At least it takes some of the cost away...because with what I think our timeline is, I may have to pay to renew my visa here in London so that I can stay after January.....and it's a huge extra cost and so so annoying that all of the timing is working out like this. But hopefully, this will be the last time we do anything with moving and visas. we've spent so so much already. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Missynick0903 said:

Oh this is so great.  Thank you so much for explaining.  At least it takes some of the cost away...because with what I think our timeline is, I may have to pay to renew my visa here in London so that I can stay after January.....and it's a huge extra cost and so so annoying that all of the timing is working out like this. But hopefully, this will be the last time we do anything with moving and visas. we've spent so so much already. 

I think you can easily be in the US before January if you want to avoid renewing UK visa. That is if you can afford to live a few months until work is found/started for both of you. Husband is eligible to work immediately so no delay there. 

It’s looking like as far as jobs go, my husband and I may be able to both have jobs for this coming October back in the states. 

Does anyone one know about how long a DCF can be approved at the London embassy if we can get everything in by June? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Possible, I would get it in now.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
2 hours ago, Missynick0903 said:

It’s looking like as far as jobs go, my husband and I may be able to both have jobs for this coming October back in the states. 

Does anyone one know about how long a DCF can be approved at the London embassy if we can get everything in by June? 

Their latest update indicates about 6-7 weeks for petition approval. Not sure if that's accurate or for most it's quicker. But after that, it has to go to the visa unit where you do the visa application, book a medical exam, book an interview. I wouldn't wait until June to get started if you want an October move. 

Part 1

Here's your link for the USCIS office London filing. It has all the forms and a checklist of what the American needs to fill out and submit. https://uk.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/government-agencies/dhs/uscis/i130filing-html/?_ga=2.198248108.2027089508.1557579910-1641113824.1489155735

Once you sort that, order your U.K. Police certificate, get your immunizations and health care summary so you are ready for the next part as soon as the petition gets approved.

Part 2

Apply for visa

medical exam

Interview

if you will start posting in the UK forum, I think your questions concerning documents, medical exam, interview will be more fully answered by others in the UK who know where to point you to get various things. 

UK FORUM https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

Given that, as I mentioned above, the visa would have six months of validity from the date of the medical, there's really no reason to not put the I-130 in this week.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

2 hours ago, Hypnos said:

Given that, as I mentioned above, the visa would have six months of validity from the date of the medical, there's really no reason to not put the I-130 in this week.

That’s true. Now that I’ve done two of these already I feel like I could do these in my sleep!!  I was talking to a friend from back home in Vegas yesterday and I told her...why should I go back and be a teacher...I could practically be an immigration lawyer by now! 😉

11 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Their latest update indicates about 6-7 weeks for petition approval. Not sure if that's accurate or for most it's quicker. But after that, it has to go to the visa unit where you do the visa application, book a medical exam, book an interview. I wouldn't wait until June to get started if you want an October move. 

Part 1

Here's your link for the USCIS office London filing. It has all the forms and a checklist of what the American needs to fill out and submit. https://uk.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/government-agencies/dhs/uscis/i130filing-html/?_ga=2.198248108.2027089508.1557579910-1641113824.1489155735

Once you sort that, order your U.K. Police certificate, get your immunizations and health care summary so you are ready for the next part as soon as the petition gets approved.

Part 2

Apply for visa

medical exam

Interview

if you will start posting in the UK forum, I think your questions concerning documents, medical exam, interview will be more fully answered by others in the UK who know where to point you to get various things. 

UK FORUM https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

You are fantastic. Up early today so that I can get everything sorted out. 

My husband and I have decided to move back to the States. I’m a USC and he’s a UKC.  He lived in the States for almost 2 years when we got married back in 2015. He came on a K1, then we got married, and he has his green card shortly after that. 

We moved here in 2017....I’m on a spouse visa. And with the cost of living here...we just feel it’s more economical to move back. 

Going to file my I-130 ASAP. And just wondering if anyone can shed some light on how long it may take from start to finish. 

Edited by Missynick0903

What's the point of spamming the forum when you already got answers 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/706303-dcf-london-process/

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

1 hour ago, Roel said:

What's the point of spamming the forum when you already got answers 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/706303-dcf-london-process/

So sorry to upset you with such a simple question. 

I was just just trying to see if someone has a recent timeline to share from within the last month or so. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*****  Two threads on the same issue merged.  PLease do not post more than once on a question/ problem.  If you have follow on questions or more info, post them as a reply to the original thread ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.