Missynick0903

DCF London (merged)

121 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, DaveBC said:

My wife used just her passport. 

We sent just the marriage certificate. I took other evidence with me to the embassy just in case but they never asked for it. They literally just asked me what is my wife's name and sent me on my way.

Thanks. I think the checklist may have been updated since you guys filed....so I may include our lease and maybe even a bank statement just to be on the safe side. 

When you guys filed in October, do you remember how backed up they were according to the embassy website??  It’s saying that as of Friday the 31st, they’re only processing petitions from March 21st. That’s like 10 weeks...so sadly, I’m wondering if ours will be longer than yours was. 

8 hours ago, Missynick0903 said:

Thanks. I think the checklist may have been updated since you guys filed....so I may include our lease and maybe even a bank statement just to be on the safe side. 

When you guys filed in October, do you remember how backed up they were according to the embassy website??  It’s saying that as of Friday the 31st, they’re only processing petitions from March 21st. That’s like 10 weeks...so sadly, I’m wondering if ours will be longer than yours was. 

Yes, definitely go by the checklist.

I believe it stated 2 months, so it was a little quicker than expected. Once you move onto the next step, booking a doctor's appointment can be super quick if you let the clinic know that you want to be informed about cancellations, and then it is just a mandatory week to allow the medical results to reach the embassy (even though they are 4 miles apart!). There were many more short notice embassy appointments available than doctor appointments.

On the I130, par 4 question 61a- it says The beneficiary is in the US and will apply for adjustment of status to that of a lawful permanent resident at the USCIS office in: 

61a City/Town

61b State

Is this wanting me to put where we would file adjustment of status?  I think we’d be the California service center since we’ll be in Nevada. But I don’t understand what this is really asking of me...

Also, in part 5 it asks if I’ve ever filed a petition on behalf of my husband before....which I have so I marked that down. But it asks what city and state again...is that where I lived at the time or is that wanting the California service center again??  🙄 so confusing!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, Missynick0903 said:

On the I130, par 4 question 61a- it says The beneficiary is in the US and will apply for adjustment of status to that of a lawful permanent resident at the USCIS office in: 

61a City/Town

61b State

Is this wanting me to put where we would file adjustment of status?  I think we’d be the California service center since we’ll be in Nevada. But I don’t understand what this is really asking of me...

Also, in part 5 it asks if I’ve ever filed a petition on behalf of my husband before....which I have so I marked that down. But it asks what city and state again...is that where I lived at the time or is that wanting the California service center again??  🙄 so confusing!!

3 hours ago, Missynick0903 said:

61a City/Town

61b State

Is your beneficiary living in the US right now on a visa, like maybe a work visa? Is he going to adjust status from work visa holder to permanent resident? 

9 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Is your beneficiary living in the US right now on a visa, like maybe a work visa? Is he going to adjust status from work visa holder to permanent resident? 

Nope. We’re in the U.K.  I’ll only be doing a spouse visa. I originally left this part blank but I was looking over it again last night before I seal the envelope and second guessed myself and was scared to leave it blank. 

I originally though that since hell he’ll be on a spousal visa, it’ll just be a green card and he won’t need an adjustment of status so I didn’t fill that bit in. But again....just getting jitters about sending it off and being scared I’ll miss something. 

14 hours ago, DaveBC said:

Yes, definitely go by the checklist.

I believe it stated 2 months, so it was a little quicker than expected. Once you move onto the next step, booking a doctor's appointment can be super quick if you let the clinic know that you want to be informed about cancellations, and then it is just a mandatory week to allow the medical results to reach the embassy (even though they are 4 miles apart!). There were many more short notice embassy appointments available than doctor appointments.

Ok awesome....I’ll go by the checklist. I’m sending in all of our leasing agreements we’ve had since we got married in 2015. So I’m hoping that will be good. I may throw in a couple of our joint bank statement too. 

The next part im fretting about is the I-864. This whole thing about me proving domicile is STRESSING me out because I’m still here in London. I do still have my bank account in the States. And my NV drivers license. I didn’t have to do 5is part when we did him K1 back in 2014 because I was living there and had been my whole life so this part is throwing me. 

Also....thanks for the info about the website processing time. Hoping that ours goes quickly. (And that our paperwork doesn’t get lost in the mail) 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Missynick0903 said:

I originally left this part blank but I was looking over it again last night before I seal the envelope and second guessed myself and was scared to leave it blank. 

1. Answer all questions fully and accurately. If a question does not apply to you (for example, if you have never been married and the question asks, “Provide the name of your current spouse”), type or print “N/A,” unless otherwise directed. If your answer to a question which requires a numeric response is zero or none (for example, “How many children do you have” or “How many times have you departed the United States”), type or print “None,” unless otherwise directed. 

4 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

1. Answer all questions fully and accurately. If a question does not apply to you (for example, if you have never been married and the question asks, “Provide the name of your current spouse”), type or print “N/A,” unless otherwise directed. If your answer to a question which requires a numeric response is zero or none (for example, “How many children do you have” or “How many times have you departed the United States”), type or print “None,” unless otherwise directed. 

Yes I did see that part as well. I noticed that bit one of the times I went through everything so I went back through and wrote n/a for the parts that don’t apply to us. 

I was just really unsure about that part of adjustment of status in 61a. I thought I remembered you saying that Nick will have his green card for 10 years as we’ve been married for 4 years this month. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Missynick0903 said:

Yes I did see that part as well. I noticed that bit one of the times I went through everything so I went back through and wrote n/a for the parts that don’t apply to us. 

I was just really unsure about that part of adjustment of status in 61a. I thought I remembered you saying that Nick will have his green card for 10 years as we’ve been married for 4 years this month. 

👍for adding the N/A

A spouse visa is all approved for a greencard during the visa processing and the person entering on that visa is a permanent resident as soon as they go through immigration in the US airport. The passport gets noted for use until the actual card comes in the mail. So there is no Adjustment of Status in the US (which is a greencard application) because he'll already be getting one based on his spouse visa.  If married less than two years, the greencard expires in two years. Married longer than two, you get a 10 year green card.

Make sure the US immigration bloke marks his passport for IR1 and a 10 year. I don't even know what it looks like so just say something lke "'This is good for a 10 year card since we've been marred 4 years, right? " That will call his attention to it. I have read of a few that got marked wrong at entry and they had to sort it out later when they noticed the card that arrived was only a two year card.

Edited by Wuozopo

5 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

👍for adding the N/A

A spouse visa is all approved for a greencard during the visa processing and the person entering on that visa is a permanent resident as soon as they go through immigration in the US airport. The passport gets noted for use until the actual card comes in the mail. So there is no Adjustment of Status in the US (which is a greencard application) because he'll already be getting one based on his spouse visa.  If married less than two years, the greencard expires in two years. Married longer than two, you get a 10 year green card.

Make sure the US immigration bloke marks his passport for IR1 and a 10 year. I don't even know what it looks like so just say something lke "'This is good for a 10 year card since we've been marred 4 years, right? " That will call his attention to it. I have read of a few that got marked wrong at entry and they had to sort it out later when they noticed the card that arrived was only a two year card.

Oh my goodness thanks for thatbhead up about marking his passport. 

Thnak you so so much for everything you’ve helped me with. You’re honestly incredible. 

After I send this off I have to start getting everything ready for the I-864 and I’m super nervous and confused about some parts. My sister is going to joint sponsor my husband. But she’s also married and they file their taxes jointly. She’s already gathered together her tax returns, and 6 months of payslips. But should her husband do the same as well?  And do they both need to fill out an I-864?  

6 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

👍for adding the N/A

The husband will receive an IR1 visa in his passport, which will state something along the lines of "upon endorsement, serves as a temporary green card for 1 year". An IR1 visa equates to a 10 year green card and a CR1 visa is for a 2 year green card, so he will be fine.

1 hour ago, Missynick0903 said:

Oh my goodness thanks for thatbhead up about marking his passport. 

Thnak you so so much for everything you’ve helped me with. You’re honestly incredible. 

After I send this off I have to start getting everything ready for the I-864 and I’m super nervous and confused about some parts. My sister is going to joint sponsor my husband. But she’s also married and they file their taxes jointly. She’s already gathered together her tax returns, and 6 months of payslips. But should her husband do the same as well?  And do they both need to fill out an I-864?  

No, only sponsors need to fill out an I-864. Provided your sister meets the income requirements for her household size with her own income, her husband does nothing.

And for your other post:

Page 5, item 5 of the i-864 instructions: maintaining a US bank account is considered evidence to support the domicile requirement. You can also include an explanation and statement in the additional information section, e.g. "I intend in good faith to reestablish domicile in the United States no later than the date of the intending immigrant’s admission or adjustment of status".

Timeline
8 hours ago, Missynick0903 said:

She needs to clearly show that she earns enough by herself to qualify as the sponsor. The tax return does not,show her separate income. A joint tax return lumps together both incomes so there is no proof she earns enough on her salary for her household size-- herself, the husband, the immigrant plus any children. She still has to provide her 2018 transcript. That's mandatory. But then do the optional items to prove her income. Options are: Six pay stubs, a letter or salary statement from her employer, her W2...or,all of them.

if she doesn't earn enough alone, there are options for the husband  to be included.

Edited by Wuozopo

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2019 at 4:10 PM, DaveBC said:

Here is my recent IR1/CR1 timeline if it helps.

[Week 1] 1st Oct 2018 - Petition Sent

[Week 1] 4th Oct 2018 - Petition Received

[Week 4] 1st Nov 2018 - Petition Accepted

[Week 5] 6th Nov 2018 - Instructions Sent

[Week 15] 7th Jan 2019 - LND Number Received

[Week 15] 10th Jan 2019 - Knightsbridge Medical

[Week 18] 8th Feb 2019 - Embassy Appointment (in and out within 30 minutes)

[Week 19] 15th Feb 2019 - Passport Returned

[Week 19] 15th Feb 2019 - USCIS Immigration Fee Paid

[Week 24] 20th Mar 2019 - Entry to US (Miami)

[Week 32] 18th May 2019 - Green Card Received

From my experience, I had everything in order so that when it was asked for it was ready (note: birth certificate must have your parents names. My parents only had a short certificate that didn't have their names so that had to be requested from the registry office). If we had no delays (lost in mail/holidays) it would have been possible to enter the US 8 weeks from the day we mailed the petition. There were plenty of appointments available for both the medical and interview.

*Instructions never received (presumed lost in mail). Consulate would only reply with generic "wait 8 weeks" reply. Turned out they mailed it Nov 6th when they finally replied on Jan 7th.

**Away on holiday for 2 weeks.

Hey!  Quick question. On Oct 4th. When you said petition received ....did you get an email stating this...or was this from the post office tracking number?  

Edited by Missynick0903

Hi all. I received our email from the London embassy office on Friday the 14th June. So that was good. 

I’ve had a quick panic moment though and I don’t know if it will be a problem. 

I just was looking at the documents I sent in with our petition. One of them that I had to include was my husbands form I-407, the record of abandonment of lawful permanent resident status from when he previously lived in the States when we were married and relocated here. The form has 2 sides, and I believe that I accidentally only send in the front side on the form.

Is it possible to scan and email the second side of this form with the signatures from the DHS/ consular officer information to be included into our packet? To the email they gave me on the letter I was sent on Friday (they included an email address at the end of the letter) 

Do you think that not including the second side is going to have us denied?? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.